BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Sorry but if this happened at any other club rather than our own, we would agree with every last word of that article. You only need to look at most of the responses to Portsmouth's plight on here to see that. Newcastle's problems were mainly caused by terrible ownership but we all laughed and said they deserved to go down after changing so many managers and appointing Shearer.

Venky's arguably deserve everything bad coming to them. Since they're making the decisions for the club, then its easy to see why outsiders would feel the club deserves everything.

But as fans we see the flip side, and considering that most of us wanted precisely nothing that Venky's eventually did to happen (from the sacking of Sam onwards), then we don't deserve any of this.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sorry but if this happened at any other club rather than our own, we would agree with every last word of that article. You only need to look at most of the responses to Portsmouth's plight on here to see that. Newcastle's problems were mainly caused by terrible ownership but we all laughed and said they deserved to go down after changing so many managers and appointing Shearer.

Venky's arguably deserve everything bad coming to them. Since they're making the decisions for the club, then its easy to see why outsiders would feel the club deserves everything.

But as fans we see the flip side, and considering that most of us wanted precisely nothing that Venky's eventually did to happen (from the sacking of Sam onwards), then we don't deserve any of this.

The fans who wanted Sam sacked deserve it though.

What a load of tosh.......i for one disliked sams football but accepted he would keep us in the prem,when venkys/kean/anderson got rid of him i ASSUMED it was for a proven top flight manager.....anybody who just wanted.sam sacked end of with no credible replacement are deluded to say the least......

now then gavs stalker,how the frig do yo you work that one out?

1. the chicken dippers cant have said "right mr w ,theres three characters on brfcs who want the manager sacking,do it and make it so that its their fault if it goes tits up".

2. the "fans who wanted sam sacking" deserve it why? did we want the brew lad promoting ? did we frig.

3. how are the "fans who wanted sam sacking" different from all the kean out brigade(FTR I DIDNT WANT HIM I WANTED A REAL MANAGER SO DONT PIN THAT ONE EITHER) ? I know the position we ARE in but if ,(i aint sticking up for kean here in any shape or form) it wasnt for gomez and two dodgy pen decisions we would be sitting comfortably,i know thats hypothethetical but so is saying we'd be safe with the walrus.

4. 40 years a season ticket holder and you say we deserve it because of not liking allardyce,what a load of BS.

5. if anyone deserves it its those ,when the takeover was first bandied about pimped us like a romanion sex slave and wanted anyone to take us over without thinking of what may/may not happen. I was ridicled when i said whats to stop the indians moving us ...with some of the decisions these idiots are making theres no saying they wouldnt do it.

anyhows i aint getting into you stalking me like you do gav cos i cant be arsed with the crap of it any more.

Well apparently quite a lot of them don't care if we go down anyway.

thats bull, of course we care ffs. :angry:

now then gavs stalker,how the frig do yo you work that one out?

1. the chicken dippers cant have said "right mr w ,theres three characters on brfcs who want the manager sacking,do it and make it so that its their fault if it goes tits up".

2. the "fans who wanted sam sacking" deserve it why? did we want the brew lad promoting ? did we frig.

3. how are the "fans who wanted sam sacking" different from all the kean out brigade(FTR I DIDNT WANT HIM I WANTED A REAL MANAGER SO DONT PIN THAT ONE EITHER) ? I know the position we ARE in but if ,(i aint sticking up for kean here in any shape or form) it wasnt for gomez and two dodgy pen decisions we would be sitting comfortably,i know thats hypothethetical but so is saying we'd be safe with the walrus.

4. 40 years a season ticket holder and you say we deserve it because of not liking allardyce,what a load of BS.

5. if anyone deserves it its those ,when the takeover was first bandied about pimped us like a romanion sex slave and wanted anyone to take us over without thinking of what may/may not happen. I was ridicled when i said whats to stop the indians moving us ...with some of the decisions these idiots are making theres no saying they wouldnt do it.

anyhows i aint getting into you stalking me like you do gav cos i cant be arsed with the crap of it any more.

To be fair the 'stalker' thing is getting a bit old now.

NONE of our fans DESERVE this. I never did hear a 'sacked in the morning' chant at Ewood for Allardyce.

As for abuse on this message board, Keano is getting more prolonged abuse than Sam ever got- he is still the manager, so they don't take a blind bit of notice of the fans.

I believe Nicko said recently that Rovers have always been seen as a soft touch. But why is the club seen as a soft touch. What has the club done so bad that the media want to exploit that 'soft touch'.

Questions need to asked, not only of venkys / kentario etc, but of the media as well.

It's a simple one. The smug-arses who write columns in London while never actually going near the club have nothing to lose by the sniping.

It has been the same for years.

There is a new bandwagon rolling that they want to jump on. Sit back and laugh at them.

Having said that, the signing of young Myles was always going to be a mistake.

If you are in a fight you don't give the other a guy a stick to beat you with.

If that is true then you can equally lay the blame at the door of every single fan creaming themselves at the thought of rich new owners (including many of the loudest most vociferous complainants now I might add), dismissing those urging caution whilst playing fantasy football with dreams of better players and better times. Pipe dreams now. Trust the trust?

Of course though the above is no more true than your stupid gloating statement is it?

thats bull, of course we care ffs. :angry:

Not you, pumpkin. I know you have a heart of gold.

I'm talking about the people who snidely stated on here when Sam first got sacked that they'd be ok with going down as long as it meant no more hoofball etc.

I don't think any of us can have any complaints about the article/blog from Michael Calvin in the Mirror.

Is it not funny and ironic that rich owners have taken over a Premiership club with promises of big names and European football and could end up getting relegated? I'd be laughing if it was any other club!

In the space of 6 months, we've gone from being one of the best run and well-respected clubs to nothing more than a joke.

It's not our fault who our owners are, but this is what the club has become and would appear to only be heading in one direction.

Also, you've got to seriously question the timing of the announcement of the Myles Anderson signing.

In the space of 6 months, we've gone from being one of the best run and well-respected clubs to nothing more than a joke.

Rovers were respected? Maybe by chairmen of other clubs but that wasn't the case in the media.

- The media often use our example of winning the title in 94/95 as a moment when football changed and not for the better. When you see article about the ridiculous amount of money in football we often unfairly get a mention as one of the starters of this revolution.

- When Hughes came in he made us hard to beat and that did include some over-physical moments- it was either that or relegation. The media loved to quote Wenger and the rest about 'Blackeye Rovers'. An image we are still associated with even to this day.

- Allardyce's football under Rovers was often criticised by the media. Even we we had the odd game where we didn't employ a large long ball percentage or rely on set pieces to win games the media would still take the mickey out of the way we played. What's even more hilarious is when Allardyce goes the newspapers say it was a bad decision and portray Sam as some kind of saint, yes even those who the previous week moaned about our style of play and wanted Rovers out of the league for the way they played.

The vast majority in the media don't respect us one bit.

Rovers were respected? Maybe by chairmen of other clubs but that wasn't the case in the media.

I totally agree on the media front, can't see that changing anytime soon either.

In the footballing world (i.e. chairmen, managers, players) I'd have said we were well respected.

I think the remainder of that went out the door with John Williams!

Oh yes, hindsight is a wonderful thing.

Hindsight can only be used as an excuse when something unforseen happens. Kean is failing because he is a novice and he was a novice when he got appointed. That's like sticking your hand in a fire and then saying "hindsight's a wondeful thing" when you're sitting in the Burns Unit.

It was a good decision - AT THE TIME - to put key men on longer deals and let them know they were part of the future.

No it wasn't and I, and others said so. Most of the players already had a number of years left on their contracts and giving them more money to make them happier is amatuer management. You are also forgetting the reason they were unhappy/worried in the first place...the appointment of Kean!

It will be a costly decision come the summer all the same.

Yeah thanks for that, shame you didn't highlight as an issue at the time instead of saying how great things were and calling anyone who disagreed an idiot.

What would you suggest? Ask players without pay-cut clauses IN THEIR CONTRACTS to sign new contracts WITH THEM?

No, false dichotomy. What about do nothing?

Relegation would be a sore one.

The only small consolation is that the current owners would be able to find money to cover it.

Yeah, Venky's will support us in the Championship....yeah right. They've hardly supported us so far and their rediculous Kaka/Van Nistel Rooy/Ronaldinho attempts will be even more laughable than they are now.

We are uselesss to Venky's as a Championship team without the worldwide coverage.

Wonder what would have happened under the Trustees? Any time John Williams even mentioned relegation he used to go pale.

Who cares about the Trustees, so because Venky's are screwing things up royally right now you have to compare them to the former owners. But if you're going to bring them up then yeah they probably did fear relegation, which is why they sacked that joke Ince and got Sam in to keep us up. If the chicken farmers had been in charge then they'd have probably would have given Ince a lifetime contract.

Calvin is not wrong in what he says. Two years ago Newcastle went down and I laughed at them, because it was embarrasing.

They sacked Allardyce, spiralled, and a year and a half later got exactly what they deserved after appointing Keegan(what a pillock), Joe'Effing' Kinnear (WTF?) and then Alan Shearer( joke of an appointment).

Now its happening to us, and quite frankly if I was a fan of another team I would be laughing along too. The owners have treated good, honest, football men like dirt, and taken advice from a group of bloody football agents who know SFA!

This whole thing has been a shambles since the 13th of December.

The article is brash, and certainly makes difficult reading for any Rovers fan. The club as a whole don't deserve this, but the owners do :(

Calvin is not wrong in what he says. Two years ago Newcastle went down and I laughed at them, because it was embarrasing.

They sacked Allardyce, spiralled, and a year and a half later got exactly what they deserved after appointing Keegan(what a pillock), Joe'Effing' Kinnear (WTF?) and then Alan Shearer( joke of an appointment).

Now its happening to us, and quite frankly if I was a fan of another team I would be laughing along too. The owners have treated good, honest, football men like dirt, and taken advice from a group of bloody football agents who know SFA!

This whole thing has been a shambles since the 13th of December.

The article is brash, and certainly makes difficult reading for any Rovers fan. The club as a whole don't deserve this, but the owners do :(

100% spot on!

- The media often use our example of winning the title in 94/95 as a moment when football changed and not for the better. When you see article about the ridiculous amount of money in football we often unfairly get a mention as one of the starters of this revolution.

- When Hughes came in he made us hard to beat and that did include some over-physical moments- it was either that or relegation. The media loved to quote Wenger and the rest about 'Blackeye Rovers'. An image we are still associated with even to this day.

- Allardyce's football under Rovers was often criticised by the media. Even we we had the odd game where we didn't employ a large long ball percentage or rely on set pieces to win games the media would still take the mickey out of the way we played. What's even more hilarious is when Allardyce goes the newspapers say it was a bad decision and portray Sam as some kind of saint, yes even those who the previous week moaned about our style of play and wanted Rovers out of the league for the way they played.

They don't even respect themselves or their profession. The phrase "professional liars" springs to mind.

Abbey time and again the question was posted on here 'If we get rid of Sam then

a.who do we replace him with who could do a better job with a small squad and very limited finaces. and

b.who would actually come to work under those constraints?

I could check back but I can't be bothered but to the best of my knowledge nobody came up with anything close to a viable suggestion. It was then obvious that we would have to settle for a much worse manager when Allardyce inevitably moved on. The fact that we actually moved him out for no good reason beggars belief. We are reaping what we sowed.

The club as a whole don't deserve this, but the owners do :(

Problem is the media wont differenciate between the two...you can almost see them now jumping for joy at our present plight.

From a club of respectability,strength and honour to this in just some 4 months...I dont think its ever been known before.Rovers fans are all frustrated to hell but feel powerless to stop this slide to shyte st.

Archived