BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

I'm not blaming fans who rejoiced when Sam was sacked. I don't believe they caused it. But people who came on here to abuse him when we lost or even when we won ( Wolves, Burnley etc) and then went missing whenever we got a good result deserve no respect or sympathy in my book. That's what I meant to say.

You're still missing the point. You abused the JW Trust relentlessly for 3 years or more. Read back on your own posts. You would have taken any new buyer at any stage. You now have your new buyer ... but because they canned your hero Allardyce AND f***ed everything else up - you are flying in to people where you see an easy target on the manager front (ie people who didn't like Allardyce).

You have to stop hiding behind that, because you were the prime mover on this site to shift the JW Trust. IF the JW Trust were still here, Allardyce would be as well.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

You're still missing the point. You abused the JW Trust relentlessly for 3 years or more. Read back on your own posts. You would have taken any new buyer at any stage. You now have your new buyer ... but because they canned your hero Allardyce AND f***ed everything else up - you are flying in to people where you see an easy target on the manager front (ie people who didn't like Allardyce).

You have to stop hiding behind that, because you were the prime mover on this site to shift the JW Trust. IF the JW Trust were still here, Allardyce would be as well.

Most people, especially those who were being realistic, wanted someone to come in and buy the club because we've known for a long time that we weren't going far under the JW trust and they wanted rid. When Venky's took over, most people were quite willing to give them a chance and their comments after buying the club were very reassuring. However, since then it's been going downhill.

Personally, I've never called for the owners' heads and I believe they have the club's best interests at heart, but their decisions have been awful and they haven't helped themselves in any way by isolating the fans more and more each day.

I don't know if they're getting their advice from JA, someone else or it's their own - all I know is the advice they're getting is terrible.

But surely Tris you too indirectly abused John Williams, the board and the Trust too by frequently criticising the manager whom they had chosen to 'right the ship' after the Ince debacle and run the playing side in the best interests of the club.

Whichever way you choose to view it and as many people warned dismissing Allardyce has been a complete disaster. In fact the biter bit is that if we are relegated he would still represent the best option to get us promoted!

btw see my sig.

Told today from a big Rovers fan whose over fifty years old and an ex local player that Formica could'nt control the ball, looked very weak when he came up against the opposition and basically did nothing.

The drivel is coming from the Venky's/Kentaro stable, but then again, you're so far removed from it all its probably just to hard for you to want or be able to understand.

Tim Vickery- highly respected South American rates him highly, says he has a touch of Kaka about him... Can't trap a ball :) funniest thing I've read for a while.

Usual over-blown stuff. I did not "abuse" the Trust relentlessly for 3 years. I criticised them strongly on occasions and said why. So did loads of others, inadequate funding being the reason.

I would not have taken any buyer at any time but i think the Trust might have once they were sure they had the finances! I always made the point that I trusted the Trust to make the right decision. I admit to getting that wrong! I assumed they had our best interests at heart. Have you any criticism of them there? Although If we somehow stay up there's hope yet,Venkys seem to have enough dosh just no sense of direction.

I don't think I was the prime mover to shift the Trust in any respect---I think they were! They were desperate to sell. I have no influence in that area anyway. You seem to think that if it wasn't for people like me the Trust would have stayed. Touching, but sentimental nonsense.

And, if the JW Trust were still here, we'd be on the way down anyway sooner rather than later. If Allardyce were still here he'd have postponed that relegation for as long as anyone could but he would have had f-all support from you and a few others I won't name. I think he would have left anyway once his contract was up because he just wasn't getting the financial backing any manager needs at this level.

Tim Vickery- highly respected South American rates him highly, says he has a touch of Kaka about him... Can't trap a ball :) funniest thing I've read for a while.

When he said Kaka, was he referring to poo and not the Brazilian footballer ?

Two months on since the 22 year old Formica arrived at Ewood Park, fully fit with no injury worries, Kaka, in the same position, would have played every game since arriving.

Which asks just how good a friend of Jerome Anderson is this Tim Vickery ?

When he said Kaka, was he referring to poo and not the Brazilian footballer ?

Two months on since the 22 year old Formica arrived at Ewood Park, fully fit with no injury worries, Kaka, in the same position, would have played every game since arriving.

Which asks just how good a friend of Jerome Anderson is this Tim Vickery ?

When he arrived Formica had not played for two months, he is Argentinian and has never played abroad, he has been injured (check the Rovers website) too, which would explain why it is taking him a while to adjust. Vickery is a highly respected South American journalist who has seen the guy play regularly, can you say the same? Take a time out moment JAL and look at your comments again. :blush:

When he arrived Formica had not played for two months, he is Argentinian and has never played abroad, he has been injured (check the Rovers website) too, which would explain why it is taking him a while to adjust. Vickery is a highly respected South American journalist who has seen the guy play regularly, can you say the same? Take a time out moment JAL and look at your comments again. :blush:

This may well all be correct Imy but it means he wasn't the right buy for us at that time. We are in a relegation battle and we needed mid-fielders who could actually play for us and help us to get points NOW.

One for the future we may not have eh?

OK Imy9, wasnt aware that he was injured initially. As for Vickery hes not said anything bad, all positive, its just the feedback from not one but several sources saying Formica doesnt look good enough. I post this without having seen Formica myself, but its whats been said from totally different people who've reached the same conclusion on the young Argie after watching him which prompts me to post.

Suppose the retreat line for me should be, Formica obviously isnt ready just yet, and hold at that, for now but I cant ignore what others have said .

Its crystal clear that Venky's along with Jerome Anderson and his cronies, have significantly brought the standards of Blackburn Rovers football club down and thats just in the space of four months, so just what kind of unrepairable damage could they inflict on the club if they have another twelve months in charge.

Feedback of the Argentinian lad from last weeks reserve game was that hes nowhere near premiership standards, to repeat, no where near good enough, maybe their plan is to take us to the championship and run off with all the money.

Without wanting to read through 35 pages of drivel, why is Jerome Anderson such a hate figure for a few on this thread?

It’s a genuine question, I know nothing about the guy to hold such a view.

As for Formica, he was bought with a view to the future, and shouldn't be judged yet surely.

Formica won't be the first South American footballer to do well in his own country and come to grief in English football. Watching him at Leigh last week, I would say that he needs a pre-season and time to build up his physical strength and speed. If the game passes you by at Reserve level, which it did, it's not a good sign. I hope he can establish himself but I fear it's going to take time. Not speaking a word of English is not helping the lad and clearly he is going to take time to adjust to a different culture and climate, not to mention a totally different style of football. Hopefully, by the start of next season he will have found his feet and make an impact at the club.

Without wanting to read through 35 pages of drivel, why is Jerome Anderson such a hate figure for a few on this thread?

As for Formica, he was bought with a view to the future, and shouldn't be judged yet surely.

:rolleyes: , when should he be judged? when he leaves the club at the end of the season, because he doesnt want to play in the championship?

I think the fact Formica hasn't even come close to featuring in our side, despite the fact we're severely lacking in inspiration, would seem to support those reports.

I hope what I am hearing about Formica is totally wrong. But we have bought a dud if the rumours are true.

Formica won't be the first South American footballer to do well in his own country and come to grief in English football. Watching him at Leigh last week, I would say that he needs a pre-season and time to build up his physical strength and speed. If the game passes you by at Reserve level, which it did, it's not a good sign. I hope he can establish himself but I fear it's going to take time. Not speaking a word of English is not helping the lad and clearly he is going to take time to adjust to a different culture and climate, not to mention a totally different style of football. Hopefully, by the start of next season he will have found his feet and make an impact at the club.

I agree with all that, he disappointed me too. Some posters just won't have it though, a journo has said he looks like the new Messi, so that's the opinion they'll stick with.

Odd name for a South American.... :rolleyes:

Anyway, the Englishman (who lives in South America) actually said this...

I hope he comes off because he's a player I like a lot, although the doubt you raised about the pace and intensity of the Premier League is a legitimate concern. His natural position is behind the strikers - or lone striker - where he has something of the young Kaka about him - some thrust and an ability to shoot or set up the play off either foot. But he lacks Kaka's physique, so he might find his favourite spaces a bit congested in England, in which case it might be worthwhile shifting him wider. I think he could do well but he'll need time and patience.

Not quite the glowing report you made it out to be imy. He 'hopes' he comes off but lacks the physic to play in the middle and thus should be used as a winger.

We bought him to play in the middle no?

Absolutely agree.

It's quite depressing to think that a lot of people struggle to grasp the concept of buying potential, it's the cornerstone of most successful teams.

The huge mistake in January was Santa Cruz. He was the big signing that should have made an immediate impact. The likes of Bolton and West Ham got it spot on with their loan signings, we made a complete mess of it.

We also got Jones in as an immediate first teamer, he's done ok. No other PL team bought three or more players intended to go straight in the first team in January, so our 2 + 2 was well balanced in theory.

JA - seems to have been a central figure in things since our new owners took over and they are quoted as saying that they regarded him as family in addition to being an advisor to them. Well what's happened since:

Kean and Jensen (clients of his organisation) have replaced Sam & Macca in some would say dubious circumstances.

The highly respected JW has gone with Mrs D saying words to the effect that JW & JA didn't get on.

His son. Myles, has a 2 year contract with Rovers and dubbed by Kean as, possibly, the next Chris Smalling despite not cutting it @ Leyton Orient and managing just 3 minutes as a sub for Aberdeen in 3 months.

It is speculated that JA was a major player behind our transfer window. Supposedly, £90k pw on RSC struggling to play and struggling even more to get a goal, £80k pw on Jones who has only flickered occasionally and looks hit and miss at best, £500k on Rochina - jury will be out for a while and finally, £3.5m on Formica - enough has been written about him already. So, 4 players signed, 2 aren't ready with question marks against one of them who might never be ready and 2 who have made little or no impact. Add to these wages and transfer fees, agents fees rumoured to be in the millions.

Philipl has also mentioned in a thread a rumoured £3 million pay off to JA for what we don't know.

In conclusion, many not a few, have been less than impressed with JA's contribution and legacy.

It's quite depressing to think that a lot of people struggle to grasp the concept of buying potential, it's the cornerstone of most successful teams.

WTF, everyone agree's he was bought as potential, it's just that he's lacking in so many area's that it's concerning.

We've more pressing issues to get depressed about.

WTF, everyone agree's he was bought as potential, it's just that he's lacking in so many area's that it's concerning.

We've more pressing issues to get depressed about.

Quite right. We have a relegation battle ahead of us and Formica won't be part of it.

JA - seems to have been a central figure in things since our new owners took over and they are quoted as saying that they regarded him as family in addition to being an advisor to them. Well what's happened since:

Kean and Jensen (clients of his organisation) have replaced Sam & Macca in some would say dubious circumstances.

The highly respected JW has gone with Mrs D saying words to the effect that JW & JA didn't get on.

His son. Myles, has a 2 year contract with Rovers and dubbed by Kean as, possibly, the next Chris Smalling despite not cutting it @ Leyton Orient and managing just 3 minutes as a sub for Aberdeen in 3 months.

It is speculated that JA was a major player behind our transfer window. Supposedly, £90k pw on RSC struggling to play and struggling even more to get a goal, £80k pw on Jones who has only flickered occasionally and looks hit and miss at best, £500k on Rochina - jury will be out for a while and finally, £3.5m on Formica - enough has been written about him already. So, 4 players signed, 2 aren't ready with question marks against one of them who might never be ready and 2 who have made little or no impact. Add to these wages and transfer fees, agents fees rumoured to be in the millions.

Philipl has also mentioned in a thread a rumoured £3 million pay off to JA for what we don't know.

In conclusion, many not a few, have been less than impressed with JA's contribution and legacy.

This all sounds like a plan to force relegation. Pick up parachute payments, Sell the top earners, which brings in money, reduce wage bill, and start again with players that don't cost as much, don't get paid as much and hope for bouncing back up to the prem straight away, with mediocre players.

A totally pathetic plan.

This all sounds like a plan to force relegation. Pick up parachute payments, Sell the top earners, which brings in money, reduce wage bill, and start again with players that don't cost as much, don't get paid as much and hope for bouncing back up to the prem straight away, with mediocre players.

A totally pathetic plan.

And I might add total conjecture! We have enough REAL problems at the club without inventing scenarios with which to beat the owners/kean don't you think?

And I might add total conjecture! We have enough REAL problems at the club without inventing scenarios with which to beat the owners/kean don't you think?

Here's more conjecture: are the owners in fact Burnley supporters whose real agenda is to relegate Rovers, sell off all the assets and take the money and run to leave a shell of a bankrupt club in non-league football. ?

In view of their dealings so far it's a reasonable theory !

Looking back at the transfer window it seems to me in contrast to our relegation rivals none of our 4 signings have addressed any of the problems of the team.

More mismanagement.

Archived