BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

The last line was unnecessary.

Also he should check his facts, Rovers have a history if legends playing for them.

Apart from that it's pretty much the way of it.

The situation is matter of fact.

The reality is the reality.

If you go down you will have a very big payroll...including players who went on new deals and don't have pay-cut clauses. There's nothing 'sensational' about that. It's just the way it is.

I think people get guilty of over-analysing stories.

It's like the Keith Andrews story a month ago. The story was right. The story was unusual which is why it was worth a place in the paper. Withing a couple of hours of it appearing there were about five or six conspiracy theories at work.

Bizarre.

[/quot

Don't give up the day job... muppet!

There's a transfer story breaking that needs some attention.

I won't make any comment on it as there is a day job to be looked after first.

It is bizarre in the extreme all the same.

Maradona in as player/Director of Football?

Alan Smith swapped for Phil Jones?

The last line was unnecessary.

Also he should check his facts, Rovers have a history if legends playing for them.

Apart from that it's pretty much the way of it.

I was nodding along all the way through, until that unecessary barb at the end.

Blackburn Rovers are a 'proper club' like your Wolves, West Brom, Forest, or perhaps we were...

I was furious reading that.

No one cares?

What an absolute muppet.

What has happened to our club, that we can be ridiculed by people such as that.

No one cares?

What an absolute muppet.

Putting Rovers down seems to be flavour of the week...

These fat lonely old journalists will get bored soon and start running another club down while sat behind their laptops in darkened rooms, wishing they had a better career!

There's a transfer story breaking that needs some attention.

I won't make any comment on it as there is a day job to be looked after first.

It is bizarre in the extreme all the same.

who Neymar?

Let's hope one of our new owners asked Neymar for an autograph and gave him a folded piece of paper, which happened to have a Rovers contract on the other side :D

No one cares?

What an absolute muppet.

I thought it was a pretty accurate assessment of the situation at this club. I saw Myles Anderson in a couple of pre-season reserve friendlies and the prospect of the careers of Jackson Ramm and Matty Pearson being held back because of Anderson's arrival is appalling. Ramm has looked a very good prospect for the day he arrived from Cambridge while Pearson is surely the most improved player for the Reserves this season.

I thought the article was spot on in describing Wolves as a proper club. We used to be a proper club that was widely acknowledged for the work of John Williams and the likes of Souness, Hughes and Allardyce. Now we have no chairman, a manager who most believe is only there because of his agent and an assistant who most believe is at Ewood for the same reason. Our January transfers have been very uninspiring. Rochina looks like he might make a player given time, Formica looks a million miles from being a Premier League player while Kean has admitted that both Roque and Jones are unlikely to be here next season - about the only decent bit of news coming out of Ewood these days - because of their fees.

The fact remains that if the Rovers perform in the next six games like they have done in the previous six games we will be relegated. Nobody is going to weep for a club that brought about its own downfall apart from those of us for whom the Rovers is a way of life. That, for me, is the saddest part of all this, the fact that we have done this to ourselves by the decisions made by people on the other side of the world. Venkys bought the club for marketing opportunites to promote their own business but failed to take the time to learn about the football business. If we are relegated it is going to prove a very costly lesson for them.

Well said Parsonblue, no one could argue with your assessment. I shall be at Wolves for the final game which may decide our future. I shall weep for Rovers if we go down. I will be at Ewood next season come what may.

The final irony for me is we play Manchester United on the 14th May, 16 years after being crowned Champions.

Perhaps we can win that one as a fitting celebration of all that is great about our football club.

I just have two words for the Rao family - I'll leave that to the imagination.

You would think that the Local Chairman will be Tom Finn! Knows the club inside out. massive rovers Oldham fan aswell and has the club at his club. Plus his appointment would go down with Fans aswell! This is crucial imo!!!

Corrected that for you Chaddy. He was an Oldham fan before he came to work for Rovers. To be fair though, he as big a fan now as any of us.

Corrected that for you Chaddy. He was an Oldham fan before he came to work for Rovers. To be fair though, he as big a fan now as any of us.

As good a man as Tom Finn is, and I have met him a few times golfing, will he just become a yes man like the owners want all their new employees to be or will he be strong enough to question their action!

Unfortunately, I feel that this article is pretty much spot on.

Sometimes the brutal truth hurts and the essence of this article very much covers lots of things that are now wrong with our club.

Sadly, we have fallen so far in such a short space of time.

I totally get where you are coming from Parson blue, and maybe I am so furious reading it because I am furious it has happened.

I object to the tone and the comment at the end in particular. Maybe the facts he presents are true but I think it is wrong to make out that it doesn't matter, that it isn't bad for football and nobody should care about it.

When the Portsmouth drama occurred, maybe I just didn't notice it, because I wasn't looking for it, but I don't remember the media taking whoops of delight at it, like they are now.

Time for the club's PR department to spring into action to counter it !

Just wait until the Chairman sees it Glenn, he'll go off his head. Oh hang on a minute... we've not had one since 4th February. Joke club.

Someone should fly this over to Pune at the first available opportunity. Then again I am assuming that they actually give a sh1t. To date I've seen nothing that suggests they do.

The irony being of course that this was written in The Mirror. Which is the one "our" nicko writes for. The tone is in stark contrast to his thoughts on here isn't it? You want to have a word with him nicko - put him straight.

I wouldn't trust Venky's to be able to run a bath let alone BRFC. The sooner they are gone the better. I just hope there's a football club left to support at the end of it.

I thought it was a pretty accurate assessment of the situation at this club. I saw Myles Anderson in a couple of pre-season reserve friendlies and the prospect of the careers of Jackson Ramm and Matty Pearson being held back because of Anderson's arrival is appalling. Ramm has looked a very good prospect for the day he arrived from Cambridge while Pearson is surely the most improved player for the Reserves this season.

I thought the article was spot on in describing Wolves as a proper club. We used to be a proper club that was widely acknowledged for the work of John Williams and the likes of Souness, Hughes and Allardyce. Now we have no chairman, a manager who most believe is only there because of his agent and an assistant who most believe is at Ewood for the same reason. Our January transfers have been very uninspiring. Rochina looks like he might make a player given time, Formica looks a million miles from being a Premier League player while Kean has admitted that both Roque and Jones are unlikely to be here next season - about the only decent bit of news coming out of Ewood these days - because of their fees.

The fact remains that if the Rovers perform in the next six games like they have done in the previous six games we will be relegated. Nobody is going to weep for a club that brought about its own downfall apart from those of us for whom the Rovers is a way of life. That, for me, is the saddest part of all this, the fact that we have done this to ourselves by the decisions made by people on the other side of the world. Venkys bought the club for marketing opportunites to promote their own business but failed to take the time to learn about the football business. If we are relegated it is going to prove a very costly lesson for them.

Sorry, but I saw it as an assessment made by someone who has already made his mind up about Rovers. The facts are there for all to see and I do have doubts about signing Anderson but he may be ok, lets wait and see.

As for the snotty, self-preening comment at the end about no-one shedding tears about us going down? No-one sheds tears for the teams you don't support when they go down, you either are cold towards them or revel in their demise. I give scant regard for the Journos who live off the backs of football as much as the Agents, pot, kettle, black. It is bitterly ironic when a journalist tries to grab the moral high ground.

The same press berated Rovers as being a set of animals under Hughes and a long-ball team under Allardyce. Occasionally there has been some praise for punching above our weight but we haven't had many friends in Fleet Street since Souness.

Archived