BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Blackburn Rovers' dealings with influential agent Jerome Anderson comes under scrutiny

Sorry, but I saw it as an assessment made by someone who has already made his mind up about Rovers. The facts are there for all to see and I do have doubts about signing Anderson but he may be ok, lets wait and see.

As for the snotty, self-preening comment at the end about no-one shedding tears about us going down? No-one sheds tears for the teams you don't support when they go down, you either are cold towards them or revel in their demise. I give scant regard for the Journos who live off the backs of football as much as the Agents, pot, kettle, black. It is bitterly ironic when a journalist tries to grab the moral high ground.

The same press berated Rovers as being a set of animals under Hughes and a long-ball team under Allardyce. Occasionally there has been some praise for punching above our weight but we haven't had many friends in Fleet Street since Souness.

Actually I think there will be plenty sorry to see us go because it just undermines how fragile any team's hold on the premier league can be. There'll be other teams wondering if they are next for the ownership merry go round which seems to be the problem. Liverpool have not done well since they were first sold; Portsmouth had several sets of owners; Other clubs are potentially sitting on huge debts that will cause enormous problems if they are the next to slide. They won't weep for us - I wouldn't for anyone else either just as nobody did for Portsmouth, but it will cause a ripple of anxiety to a large number of fans when you see how a previously well-run club can suffer if it goes into the wrong hands.

• Replies 805
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Just wait until the Chairman sees it Glenn, he'll go off his head. Oh hang on a minute... we've not had one since 4th February. Joke club.

Someone should fly this over to Pune at the first available opportunity. Then again I am assuming that they actually give a sh1t. To date I've seen nothing that suggests they do.

The irony being of course that this was written in The Mirror. Which is the one "our" nicko writes for. The tone is in stark contrast to his thoughts on here isn't it? You want to have a word with him nicko - put him straight.

I wouldn't trust Venky's to be able to run a bath let alone BRFC. The sooner they are gone the better. I just hope there's a football club left to support at the end of it.

I much prefer the happy Bob Fleming. I do know however, that you're one of the real rovers fans Bob - and it really hurts to see this lot doing what they're doing. I agree with you 100%.

I said in one of my earlier posts that Venky's could turn this around by appointing the right people and listening to them. That isn't to say that I think they will. I don't think they know how to.

The only problem with the Cryer article, will the Venky's read it and start running the club with respect?

Nicko's article which presumably is factual is also an absolute joke in foootballing terms. Why should anybody respect a club that does not respect itself?

For years, we were always little old Rovers and never got credit in the media despite being one of the best run, homely, and punch above its own weight clubs in the PL. We never got credit for winning the league, despite teams after us spending 10 times that amount to never reach that glory, and we never get recognition for winning a trophy inside the last 10 years.

Now, things are different. We actually are a joke. Bad timing for an offensive on the media from the Rovers end I think. No one takes us seriously.

Do we think Venky's actually care? Or care about what the majority of fans think?

Appointments like Kean/Jensen completely undermine the notion that we mean business or that we are genuinely ambitious.

TBF, John Jensen has a reputation around Europe, so I in theory his appointment as a number two cannot be compared to that of our manager.

But obviously they dont care about what the fans think. Although how many clubs can actually say that they actively listen to their fans?

TBF, John Jensen has a reputation around Europe, so I in theory his appointment as a number two cannot be compared to that of our manager.

But obviously they dont care about what the fans think. Although how many clubs can actually say that they actively listen to their fans?

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/John_Jensen

looks like John jensen can't do anything without laudrup ???

The only problem with the Cryer article, will the Venky's read it and start running the club with respect?Nicko's article which presumably is factual is also an absolute joke in foootballing terms. Why should anybody respect a club that does not respect itself?

I think we know the answer to that question. Same as the article in the mirror about nobody shedding a tear if Rovers go down. I have this horrible feeling that this bad publicity of the club is deliberate - it is like an invite for the prem to get involved, which could be an even worse result.

The situation is matter of fact.

The reality is the reality.

If you go down you will have a very big payroll...including players who went on new deals and don't have pay-cut clauses. There's nothing 'sensational' about that. It's just the way it is.

I think people get guilty of over-analysing stories.

It's like the Keith Andrews story a month ago. The story was right. The story was unusual which is why it was worth a place in the paper. Withing a couple of hours of it appearing there were about five or six conspiracy theories at work.

Bizarre.

Reality is reality, if the club goes down Rovers would be hurt financially - as would most other clubs.

Another reality is a question I ask is, "What good have venkys, anderson, and sem done for the club or for that matter themselves? What has been going on goes beyond bad pr. The more the club gets mocked for what has been going on for the past few months, the more damage venkys do for their current business. It is not the club that is a joke, but the owners. Rovers are the victims of venkys action and inactions.

That is a story in itself.

But instead there are those in the media who chose to mock the club, when it is the owners who deserve the mocking as Rovers are victims of their imcompentance.

Reality is reality, if the club goes down Rovers would be hurt financially - as would most other clubs.

Another reality is a question I ask is, "What good have venkys, anderson, and sem done for the club or for that matter themselves? What has been going on goes beyond bad pr. The more the club gets mocked for what has been going on for the past few months, the more damage venkys do for their current business. It is not the club that is a joke, but the owners. Rovers are the victims of venkys action and inactions.

That is a story in itself.

But instead there are those in the media who chose to mock the club, when it is the owners who deserve the mocking as Rovers are victims of their imcompentance.

This is so right.

Why are the media not sticking up for our long history? Why are they not attacking what these people are doing to our small town club, that the British media should have been proud of. (I know they weren't).

When things aren't right with media babes, United and Liverpool, the media do not attack United or Liverpool - they name and shame the people behind it - Glazer or Gilet/Hicks - the clubs are seen as a separate entity who deserve to be defended.

Guest linganzi

citation needed :P

hahaha tag you're it!!

ok

my girlfriend has worked as a media marketing manager for the dirty mail. curry, samuel.

Newcastle went down with a lot of terrible overpaid players with no wage drop clauses. They sucked it up, kept them all (or most of them) and came straight back up.

There's a lot of problems with this post...

We're a completely different proposition than Newcastle. They continue to draw in big crowds in the Championship (assuming they are winning - fickle fans). They will be seen as a big club poised to return to the prem and this will attract/retain players.

We cannot and should not follow a model set by such a badly run club as Newcastle.

Edit - typo

We cannot and should not follow a model set by such a badly run club as Newcastle.

Everyone laughed earlier this season when Newcastle dumped Hughton but Venky's have more than trumped that since with a series of stupid decisions.

Truth is we're more badly managed now than Newcastle ever were - an indication of low Rovers have sunk in 3 short months.

I'd gladly accept the Newcastle "model" though if we bounce straight back after the impending relegation.

Trouble is we're more likely to do a Charlton or Leeds and sink lower than come straight back.

Everyone laughed earlier this season when Newcastle dumped Hughton but Venky's have more than trumped that since with a series of stupid decisions.

Truth is we're more badly managed now than Newcastle ever were - an indication of low Rovers have sunk in 3 short months.

I'd gladly accept the Newcastle "model" though if we bounce straight back after the impending relegation.

Trouble is we're more likely to do a Charlton or Leeds and sink lower than come straight back.

Yes people laughed. But there wasn't a media campaign against the club as what I believe is happening with rovers. One thing I suggest is that I do not think it is possible to libel an instituion / football club. But you can a person or group of people.

The media know that venkys have screwed up massively - but because of fear of legal action are afraid to report what they know or believe. Or even being accused of having racial motives. For example Rovers and Ince the club received that allegation prior to his sacking.

Therefore they have ago at Rovers. For a long time now it has been open season for the media, from MOTD, Sky and various newspapers, to have ago at the club. I therefore cannot help consider that there is another agenda - what, who knows.

I believe Nicko said recently that Rovers have always been seen as a soft touch. But why is the club seen as a soft touch. What has the club done so bad that the media want to exploit that 'soft touch'.

Questions need to asked, not only of venkys / kentario etc, but of the media as well.

Seemingly stupid decisions - tick

Apparently more badly managed than Newcastle - tick

Accepting Newcastle model - Not applicable. We cannot do that. We don't get the crowds or have the mystique to pull it off. We struggled to bounce back last time, even with Jack's backing.

The trouble - Oh, so very true, and that is the nightmare of every Rovers fan at the moment.

This is so right.

Why are the media not sticking up for our long history? Why are they not attacking what these people are doing to our small town club, that the British media should have been proud of. (I know they weren't).

When things aren't right with media babes, United and Liverpool, the media do not attack United or Liverpool - they name and shame the people behind it - Glazer or Gilet/Hicks - the clubs are seen as a separate entity who deserve to be defended.

The way I read the article in the Mirror, it was an attack on Venky's and the way they are running the club. Unfortunately, we cannot divorce the club from the owners - no matter how much we might like or want to do so. The owners are now running - if that's the right word - Blackburn Rovers. The article in the Mirror, and the Press in general have been attacking how the club has been run since Venky's took over.

I know a good game, head - sand - stick, wanna play?

Fools abound in life. Idiots deny the obvious. Currently we look doomed whether we are relegated or not.

watch out ... it's the wooluff!

Ok. You have answered that you are not a rival journo. I then put it to you sir that you are either a Dingle in disguise or at the very least a gloom monger.

There is no time for negative thinking now, all should pull together for the common cause.

COYB

Calvin, who are you again? Nope, never heard of you no go away. Siege mentality called for now chaps, no negative outsiders, all for one and one for all.

Archived