BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton vs Rovers

From experience,I really wouldn't say they are any different from your lot!.

Everton 1 Rovers 1

I suppose you are right really. Just that in my own personal experience they seem worse. But it is all in your viewpoint isn't it? Never really like the fact that a certain manager of theirs refered to us as a 'small' and 'unsuccessful' club. That went below the belt a bit. Don't mind them claiming great things about themselves. (I can't deny their success and abilities) but casting aspersions about another club that is honestly doing it's best is not very nice in my own opinion. Generally I think there is some respect between the real supporters. But you do get bigots everywhere.

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Always had a soft spot for Everton too. Well run and respectful club, quite like how we used to be and will hopefully be again. Top manager as well. I'm hoping against all hope that we can somehow get 3 points from this though, and to echo what others have said, after a string of impressive performances in the reserves I believe Rochina needs to start this game. It will take something surprising to get a result and he might be able to provide that for us. I'd keep Santa on and play Rochina in the hole behind him. Santa Cruz has to come good, if he does he might well keep us up. But if he fails to produce again against Everton, then we should wash our hands of him. There is no room for passengers in a relegation battle and for me that means no Pedersen or Dunn in the starting line-up.

We have to keep P.Jones in midfield, especially against the packed midfield that Moyes deploys. If Nelsen isn't fit, then we have to play Givet if we can, if not, throw Hanley back in at centre back. For all of Evertons strengths, the strikeforce doesn't worry.

We need a similar performance to the Arsenal game, battling in the middle and hopefully with Givet ready to play we can have Olsson and Hoillet on the wings, bursting through to break on the counter.

I have a good feeling about this match for some reason, any point/s will be massive for us. The lads need to be as pumpped for this as they were at the Emirates. It's all down to Kean to get them prepared and put out the right team, then it's down to the players on the day.

Come on Rovers!

I suppose you are right really. Just that in my own personal experience they seem worse. But it is all in your viewpoint isn't it? Never really like the fact that a certain manager of theirs refered to us as a 'small' and 'unsuccessful' club. That went below the belt a bit. Don't mind them claiming great things about themselves. (I can't deny their success and abilities) but casting aspersions about another club that is honestly doing it's best is not very nice in my own opinion. Generally I think there is some respect between the real supporters. But you do get bigots everywhere.

Just a slight of arrogance over recent seasons from your supporters at Ewood changed my view of them but that's just in my opinion.

I'm well aware that Everton right up to the late 60's were probably the bigger club and certainly more successfull than the Reds from across Stanley Park..the name of Shankly must send shivers down the back of every bluenose ;)

I'm sure it will be a good game and day out at Goodison for those travelling.

I'm looking forward to my trip to Everton, always enjoy going there - except for that time Rocky was running towards me with his arms outstretched and a steward got in the way (pictured earlier in the thread) :(

Glad to have you aboard rubecula, can sympathise with your desire to get past Liverpool but we do rather need the points, I'd like to be back at Goodison next season.

I hope roberts starts :tu: i wish andrews and grella were fit, this is the perfect game for them to shine :tu: i hope givet still doesn't have his right and is dropped even though kean says he's fine then he's not :tu: but most of all I hope kean is there to manage the team, he knows what he's doing, and is doing a stellar job :tu:

:wstu:

I hope roberts starts :tu: i wish andrews and grella were fit, this is the perfect game for them to shine :tu: i hope givet still doesn't have his right and is dropped even though kean says he's fine then he's not :tu: but most of all I hope kean is there to manage the team, he knows what he's doing, and is doing a stellar job :tu:

bugger off dingle

unless I have missed the irony of course

I think our midfield is ok in 4-5-1 or 4-3-2-1 in attacking purposes.

Robinson

Salgado-Samba-Nelsen/Hanley-Givet

JJ - PJ -Pedersen/Dunn

Hoillett Olsson

Cruz

I think it will be difficult to replace Jones in midfield an so I have decided that if Nelsen is not fit Hanley should be centre half. Reason being I also think Olsson is very important on the left hand side (his pace is very useful for attacking purposes). Therefore if Olsson is at left wing Givet has to be at left back.

Bit worried about Hanley there though, whether he is quite ready is questionable, especially in a relegation battle. Has he played since his own goal against Villa?

Just had a revelation. Not sure why, but I'm 99% sure we'll win 3-1.

Leon Osmon after a Baines free kick, 38 mins.

Samba from a corner on 51'

Hoilett out pacing Phil Neville on a counter 73'

Olsson at the back post, from a hoilett run, 84'.

Worryingly, I'm suddenly extremely confident. Wins again Everton, West Ham and Wolves, draw against Bolton.

If Venkys read this they'll sack Kean.

And make you manager.

How can you be 99% sure of something that you're not sure of?

Not sure why the revelation happened, however I am now 99% sure that we will win 3-1. That was incidated by the comma.

bugger off dingle

unless I have missed the irony of course

Oh yes burnley, I've been so wrapped up with the pro-Allardyce alliance I forgot to laugh at them, and their march back to the premeirship :lol::lol:

Too tough to call really.

Everton I thought where the best team I saw visit Ewood last season and I thought they would kick on well this season ... :huh:

Can mix it with best on their day yet unfortunately for them also with the worse far too often.

Give or take - always seem to be decent games when we play at Goodison.

As has been mentioned it could be one of them where we quickly fall behind and then get hit again shortly afterwards and be out of sight before we know it, but also where we can actually probably take all the points.

I would start with Kalinic at Rochina - we need change and to freshen things up and maybe surprise.

Interestingly , even the Everton fans also comment on us not having anybody who can actually or appear to eb able to 'step it up' as we have been saying for a while.

Nelsen out will pose some serious problems for Kean when it comes to team selection and our aim to get points.

If we want the best defense in my opinion you now have to put put Phil back into central defense. It's the lad's best position and he is not far off being our best central defender anyway even at his young age. Problem is that would weaken our midfield...

We could with Givet but with his off the field issues can he handle playing with Samba in what could be a real battle, Kean has dropped him already because he clearly thinks his head isn't in it. If Givet moves from left back then that means Olsson is back there, which could hinder his attacking instincts.

Hanley could play there but it's a lot of pressure on the lad going into a really tough league situation. He's looked decent in some games but in others has looked poor.

My money is on Jones going back into defense and Kean either changing the shape of the midfield or playing the same system but with N'zonzi in Phil's place.

The lack of midfield quality bites us in the arse once again.

Nelsen out will pose some serious problems for Kean when it comes to team selection and our aim to get points.

If we want the best defense in my opinion you now have to put put Phil back into central defense. It's the lad's best position and he is not far off being our best central defender anyway even at his young age. Problem is that would weaken our midfield...

We could with Givet but with his off the field issues can he handle playing with Samba in what could be a real battle, Kean has dropped him already because he clearly thinks his head isn't in it. If Givet moves from left back then that means Olsson is back there, which could hinder his attacking instincts.

Hanley could play there but it's a lot of pressure on the lad going into a really tough league situation. He's looked decent in some games but in others has looked poor.

My money is on Jones going back into defense and Kean either changing the shape of the midfield or playing the same system but with N'zonzi in Phil's place.

The lack of midfield quality bites us in the arse once again.

The biggest issue is that Nzonzi is suspended for another 2 games, I would play Givet and centre half and the two Jones' in central midfield until Nzonzi is back.

The biggest issue is that Nzonzi is suspended for another 2 games, I would play Givet and centre half and the two Jones' in central midfield until Nzonzi is back.

Ah had completely forgotten about that.

Is Givet in the right frame of mind to play there? Kean said he was last week then changed his mind at the last minute.

We just lose, face it, 2-0 or 3-1. All attention on the home game vs. Bolton, our last chance to save the season. If we don't win it, we're out. And concerning the 2 points vs. Brum and Blackpool, we have a hell of a job on our hands.

• Backroom

Nelsen is out for the season following an operation this week.

Rochina should feature on Saturday according to Kean.

He also said that before the Dubai trip, he needs to keep his mouth shut about things like that.

Is Batistuta playing as well?

Would he dare line up with

Robinson

Salgado Hanley Samba Givet

Hoilett Jones Jones Olsson

Rochina Benjani or diouf

Is RSC a shoe in for the strikers role now that rochina is knocking on the door

If he makes changes for changes sake as it seems to me, isnt it time for benajnie or diouf to start ?

Archived