BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Everton vs Rovers

• Replies 700
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Can't believe anybody wants to start Benjani. In my eyes he is our WORST striker.

RSC->Niko->Rochina->Roberts->Benjani

Each to their own but I think Benjani has done well when called upon, works hard for the team has scored a few goals and made a few as well.

Each to their own but I think Benjani has done well when called upon, works hard for the team has scored a few goals and made a few as well.

I think it is fair to say that when called upon he has done ok.

Agreed

He looked far more likely to score against Brum than Roberts did, thats for sure. He is also one of the main reasons why we took 3 points off Liverpool at home.

Agreed

He looked far more likely to score against Brum than Roberts did, thats for sure. He is also one of the main reasons why we took 3 points off Liverpool at home.

He was brilliant against Liverpool. I don't think he's had a chance since that game for some reason.

When he's on form he can be brilliant. Of course the opposite side is that when he's bad he is atrocious. That's what subs are for though.

I'd like to see him given a start in this game. I think Roque will play if fit though.

Agreed

He is the ONLY STRIKER at our club who has actually "controlled a game" - i just knew he was going to score against Liverpool. He surely had his weetabix that morning! In addition, he has done pretty well when called upon after recovering from injury. I would start him as a mentioned previously.

Our opposition defenders get a far too easy ride when playing against us. They can push up and drop off as much as they like. Most of them leave the pitch with a gleaming kit. On the otherhand Nelsen and our rear guard leave as though they have been in battle.

Says something really doesn't it!!

Can we all please forget Liverpool - they didn't want to play, they didn't want to win, and they didn't want Woy there anymore!

We didn't play them off the park - they just didnt play, at all!

-------------------Benjani

-------------------Rochina

Pedersen--Jones----Jones----Hoilett

Olsson-------Givet---Samba----Salgado

-------------------Robinson

Team I would go for with Nelsen out and Benjani apparent doing better in training (Cruz has been so disappointing). Pedersen makes it just for the set pieces, although I hope he can turn out something better than his recent performances!

If Hoilett plays I anticipate a win or draw. If not I think we will really struggle.

From Kean's comments it sounds like Kalinic will play.

• Backroom

Can we all please forget Liverpool - they didn't want to play, they didn't want to win, and they didn't want Woy there anymore!

We didn't play them off the park - they just didnt play, at all!

Irrelevent, we played well and Benjani bossed their defenders, the talk of them trying to lose is absurd.

For the record Benjani was just as good against Chelsea at home, I think we would have won had he not got injured, he was tormenting their centre halves.

For the record Benjani was just as good against Chelsea at home, I think we would have won had he not got injured, he was tormenting their centre halves.

Spot on, although I'm not sure i've ever seen a worse display by a striker than his at Wigan

I don't know what my best XI is, but I'd use a back four of Salgado, Samba, Givet, Olsson. When N'Zonzi returns I'd move PJ back into defense with Olsson moving forward, but for now I think we need PJ in midfield.

Really not sure who I'd play upfront tho... I haven't seen enough of Rochina to judge, and haven't seen Kalinic in a long time. Not an easy selection this week...

A goal from a striker would be a good starting point!

A draw is more than possible but I think we'll need a bit of luck to come away with three points.

Penalty decision in our favour has to be coming soon...

If not, we've still got Formica to save us from relegation.

Well, it will be a bloody shock if we win. But let's not write off our chances already, we have to win sometime. We'll miss Hoillet if he fails to recover, who gets picked up front will be pivotal, and re-organising in the face of Nelsen being out, the conundrum of whether to bring back Givet ... there are important decisions to be made.

I think it's impossible to confidently predict this game, and the league's so tight this year, nothing's nailed-on at all. All we can do is keep the faith.

I think the pressure maybe got to us a bit against Birmingham. Being the underdog again may serve us well here. If we want to win I think we will win. It depends on how much desire is shown. Out fight Everton and we could pick up 3 huge points and rectify our season to a certain extent.

I think it's impossible to confidently predict this game, and the league's so tight this year, nothing's nailed-on at all. All we can do is keep the faith.

Well I can confidently predict we will lose this game by one goal on the back of a ludicrous refereeing decision. Easy see. :D

Really feeling the nerves for tomorrow, will be VERY happy with a point and ecstatic if we get a scrappy win (although I can't see it).

The ref is Kevin Friend and I just had a look at our scores where he has refereed us, and we have a 100% victory record, so I'm going to bed and clinging onto that, since the refs have all been giving me nightmares over the last few weeks!

I really like the preview and wish I could be joining those travelling tomorrow. COYB

Just been chatting to an Everton fan who is a really old mate. He said not to be too concerned about tomorrow as up until recently he's been worried for Everton's safety. And now they have mid table security some of their players will be taking it easy, with their mind on the beach already. On top of that they are really struggling with injuries.

He said not to expect a mauling by any means. It's difficult to be optimistic but at least that gives me some hope we can get something from it.

How I'd love to be singing The Great Escape at the end of the Bolton match.

Archived