BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Phil Jones

Jason Lowe turns down a £3m move to Birmingham out of his love for Rovers. Do the fans applaud him for his loyalty or will we find unsavoury comments about needing that money for someone better? Does the concept of loyalty only work if the player's highly rated?

You're talking about player-fan loyalty there though, my criticism of Jones is based on player-club loyalty. Rovers have treated Lowe well, he's responded in kind. Its nice when the fans join in the feelings of goodwill but we're also customers at the end of the day, I don't think our loyalty is a pre-requisite of the other 2 parties displaying it.

• Replies 2.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't understand why so many people are down on Jason Lowe. He's one of few Championship level players going with England to the U21 tournament. He's obviously rated outside of Blackburn.

Quite a lot of people last season were saying get some academy lads in to replace Murphy etc because at least they would get to see players playing for the shirt. Well we've got a young lad doing that already and he gets cut no slack whatsoever.

The stick is undeserved agreed as he always puts in 110%, but Le Chuck he is a terrible footballer WITH the ball.

The lad´s 21 years old. Let´s see how he does for a few years before writing him off. There are countless examples of players developing into far better players during the course of their careers. Lowe has shown a lot of potential and if, say by 25, he has not improved THEN one can start to fully judge him as a mature footballer.

Give a young lad a chance.

The player/fan loyalty thing works only 1 way because we have an emotional stake in the club which in most cases the players don't have, and why should they? For a player the club is an employer and if they get a better offer somewhere else why shouldn't they have the right to take it like any other employee? They may be highly paid but they do have the basic human right to work for who they want to.

Just watching the Brazil England match.

I think they're showing a replay from 1970 though!

What's with the orange ball?

A tribute to Paul Agnew's sun tan? probably a new Nike ball that needs advertising

Something vaguely nostalgic about a goal being scored by somebody called Fred

A tribute to Paul Agnew's sun tan? probably a new Nike ball that needs advertising

Something vaguely nostalgic about a goal being scored by somebody called Fred

Ah, yes, good old Frederico Chaves Guedes. I can just imagine him in his clogs and flat cap kicking a tin can down t'back alley. :D

Ah, yes, good old Frederico Chaves Guedes. I can just imagine him in his clogs and flat cap kicking a tin can down t'back alley. :D

Disappointing that the celebration wasn't a brisk handshake with his team mates instead of all that girly hugging

They don't have the world class attacking players that they used to. Oscar looks llike their biggest threat but he's not even one of Chelsea's best players. They used to have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo as their front 3 and they could have got in any team in the world. Now it's Fred, Neymar and Hulk. Nowhere near the same class.

They don't have the world class attacking players that they used to. Oscar looks llike their biggest threat but he's not even one of Chelsea's best players. They used to have Ronaldinho, Ronaldo and Rivaldo as their front 3 and they could have got in any team in the world. Now it's Fred, Neymar and Hulk. Nowhere near the same class.

I know it's a shame isn't it. Oscar did look their best threat tonight but like you say, not even one of Chelsea's best players, Lucas Moura looked like he had something about him when I watched them play Scotland at the Emirates, Neymar did as well tbh. My brother tells me that Bernard is really highly rated but the standard of defending in the Brazilian league is quite poor so you could never tell.

But the three you mentioned, plus Romario are some of the best players of the last generation. Now only Thiago Silva and Dani Alves would be considered for a World XI.

Archived