BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt - New Deputy Chief Executive

Following TF's departure I think it is time to bring this thread back.

Paul Hunt seem like a stand out candidate to me.

Have been working in football and more importantly with clubs from the same area (Bolton and Wigan). Therefore most likely have a lot of business contacts and a network among companies in Lancashire.

I agree. I think Venkys made a good move with this one. Let's hope it pans out for all concerned.

Well, that's the Deputy Chief Executive and Club Mascot sorted. We're ready for the new season! :tu:

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When does Paul Hunt start and what will his responsiblities be?

this tuesday i think, not sure though. He will proberly dip his toes into alot of the aspects of the club, he will definatly have some role in marketing due to his background. But chief exec's usually have a say in most things.

this tuesday i think, not sure though. He will proberly dip his toes into alot of the aspects of the club, he will definatly have some role in marketing due to his background. But chief exec's usually have a say in most things.

Thanks. So his first job will be getting us a sponsor for the new season? Maybe we could forgo a sponsor for the season and promote a local charity.

• Backroom

Thanks. So his first job will be getting us a sponsor for the new season? Maybe we could forgo a sponsor for the season and promote a local charity.

Why would we do that?

The club needs any income we can get and would be stupid to miss out on a few million for the sake of a good gesture.

I get what you mean, but if we are going to have no sponsor then surely putting something there is better than nothing?

I'll give 'em a tenner OR we could all club in a tenner together and get BRFCS put on it?

:D

• Backroom

I get what you mean, but if we are going to have no sponsor then surely putting something there is better than nothing?

And for Venkys putting their own logo there (at least temporarily) is better than that, cheap advertising for them until something more permanent is sorted.

Would have thought sponsorship might be an ideal opportunity for the Walker trust to keep a 'connection'...

Surely this would be a good fit for one of their many businesses to promote themselves?

Or maybe they just don't care about Rovers anymore... :blush:

Has Paul Hunt started yet at Rovers.

Cannot see the Walkers Trust wanting to be business linked with venkys. It must be bad enough - in the light of the turmoil in the club -living with selling the club to venkys in the first place.

Has Paul Hunt started yet at Rovers.

Cannot see the Walkers Trust wanting to be business linked with venkys. It must be bad enough - in the light of the turmoil in the club -living with selling the club to venkys in the first place.

I doubt they are losing much sleep over the whole thing Pafell, I really doubt they are.

Though I agree, they are very unlikely to want to involve themselves with Venkys again any time soon.

give the guy a break for goodness sake. He's only just started, so you should wait before posting negative things about him

Do not know anything about Paul Hunt, good or bad. I am not prepared to say anything negative about him. Though what a start to rovers for him. "Welcome to Ewood Park and Blackurn Rovers Paul, just letting you know before you get your feet under the table, we are about to sell one of our best players"

If Phil Jones is about to move - I presume whilst Kean is in India, Paul Hunt will be doing the negotiating of the sale.

Do not know anything about Paul Hunt, good or bad. I am not prepared to say anything negative about him. Though what a start to rovers for him. "Welcome to Ewood Park and Blackurn Rovers Paul, just letting you know before you get your feet under the table, we are about to sell one of our best players"

If Phil Jones is about to move - I presume whilst Kean is in India, Paul Hunt will be doing the negotiating of the sale.

nothing negative about him? I think your implication was pretty clear!

yes venkys, no venkys, three bags full venkys.

• 3 weeks later...

Q&A with Paul, if anyone's interested:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9107609.Question_and_answer_session_with_Blackburn_Rovers__new_chief_executive

Not sure about this bit:

"We have a playing staff that has been carefully crafted with quality incoming players and youngsters developed through the Academy."

Q&A with Paul, if anyone's interested:

http://www.lancashiretelegraph.co.uk/sport/football/blackburnrovers/news/9107609.Question_and_answer_session_with_Blackburn_Rovers__new_chief_executive

Not sure about this bit:

"We have a playing staff that has been carefully crafted with quality incoming players and youngsters developed through the Academy."

I thought that bit was good too, Abbey should paste it in the Brighter Future thread.

The LT are reporting today that Anthony Bloch, who has been mentioned by Nicko, has been appointed to replace Andrew Pincher as the Club Secretary. Pincher it would seem is the third of the club's administrators to leave following John Williams and Tom Finn. It would seem the cull of anyone who had connections to the club prior to the takeover continues.

Archived