BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt - New Deputy Chief Executive

Some fans might be that shallow, but not many.

I know. The point I am trying to make is that Venky's don't really have to do much in order to bring the fans onside again. They've invested within the club, offered contracts to our key players. Looking for sponsors in India, something that would give us a lot of publicity around the world. They have had a few dodgy interviews and a few hiccups, but it's nothing major.

The mistake they have made is not getting rid of Allardyce, but replacing him with Kean. Something they can rectify once the season has finished.

The loss of JW was huge, however, the new owners would rather their own men at the helm. Like with any other business.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Some fans might be that shallow, but not many.

There is a flip side to that coin though den. If they ever do get things right then a lot of us (myself included) will be eating humble pie. Despite their failings its very obvious many people were never willing to give them a chance. I'm not inferring that you are in this bracket by the way.

Sacking Sam WAS a mistake, how can anyone suggest diffrently? There was noone lined up, ergo BIG mistake.

I can be won round, because I want BRFC to remain at the top, there are however a lot of long standing fans who have been disgusted with Venky's/SEM behaviour and need convincing- it will take more than signing more Formica's in the summer.

I guess the proof will be in the ST sales figures.

Sacking Sam WAS a mistake, how can anyone suggest diffrently? There was noone lined up, ergo BIG mistake.

I can be won round, because I want BRFC to remain at the top, there are however a lot of long standing fans who have been disgusted with Venky's/SEM behaviour and need convincing- it will take more than signing more Formica's in the summer.

I guess the proof will be in the ST sales figures.

What behaviour exactly?

In my opinion sacking Sam was not a mistake, but replacing him with Kean was the mistake. Let's not get into that debate. I respect your choice as you will mine, I'm sure.

If there was noone lined up it was a mistake, would you not agree?

mmm do we really know no one was lined up though? :huh:

was discussing this at the weekend and although it may just be idle gossip amongst Rovers fans (so no insider info or rumour etc) it is worth considering, although the action evidence thus far from our imperial Chicken masters would suggest not.

Absolutely Drog! A majority of the long term season ticket holders I know can't see themselves renewing if the numpties are still in charge. I don't think the world's best 'marketeers' could bring them around.

If we stay up I'm praying the Raos' sell my club to someone who knows a little about the football business.

If they stay I'm just expecting more heaps of bullsh1t.

All three of them appear to be intellectual derelicts.

Don't understand that line of thinking at all.

Probably need a different manager at the helm but with any sort of investment in the squad the future will be a lot brighter than it has looked for many years under the Walker Trust. Nothing is guaranteed in football but at least we will have a chance of competing in the medium to long term, under them we had none.

I mean Benjani, C'mon.

'This line of thinking' has come about because of the palava of the last few months.

If they had come in quietly, let things tick over till the summer whilst they got to grips with English football and then purchased some top players- who would have moaned?

Or, if they had sacked Allardyce and actually brought in a top replacement- even many of Sam's supporters could have supported it.

But no, they have stormed in and took a side looking at a decent season to relegation candidates in months.

They have only got themselves to blame.

Don't understand that line of thinking at all.

Probably need a different manager at the helm but with any sort of investment in the squad the future will be a lot brighter than it has looked for many years under the Walker Trust. Nothing is guaranteed in football but at least we will have a chance of competing in the medium to long term, under them we had none.

I mean Benjani, C'mon.

Last season, under the Trust, we finished tenth and reached a semi-final of a major cup competition. This season, under new management, we are hoping against hope that we can drag ourselves to finish fourth from bottom. With regard to Benjani, I notice that Kean didn't replace him in January when he had the untold wealth of the Rao family at his disposal and still has him as his first choice striker at the moment. ;)

How we did last season is fairly irrelevant in the context of this and future seasons.

We nearly got relegated two seasons after winning the Premiership.

I accept we would probably have done slightly better with Sam in charge for the remainder of the season but I still think we'd have limped over the finishing line with this squad.

Kean did obviously attempt to replace Benjani for the remainder of the season with RSC, unfortunately, he has proved just as disappointing. That's one of those things, but it's not like Benjani has proved good enough or anything, our four so called strikers probably haven't scored more than about ten Premier League goals between them this season.

Last season, under the Trust, we finished tenth and reached a semi-final of a major cup competition. This season, under new management, we are hoping against hope that we can drag ourselves to finish fourth from bottom. With regard to Benjani, I notice that Kean didn't replace him in January when he had the untold wealth of the Rao family at his disposal and still has him as his first choice striker at the moment. ;)

Are you for real?

Hopeing against hope, so by that I presume I have been dreaming all along that we are 5th bottom on 38pts and in with a decent chance of securing our status this weekend?

No, by hopeing against hope we must now be in the bottom three with a terrible goal difference and absolutly no chance of securing a point in any of our last three games. Is this where we are now?

Your posts are often well thought out and great to read but that one comment there is laughable. And before anyone gets theirs out and starts lauding it up, no I do not think 5th bottom is a fantastic position, but it aint hopeing against hope by a long shot.

I accept we would probably have done slightly better with Sam in charge for the remainder of the season but I still think we'd have limped over the finishing line with this squad.

Honestly Rev ;)

Are you for real?

Hopeing against hope, so by that I presume I have been dreaming all along that we are 5th bottom on 38pts and in with a decent chance of securing our status this weekend?

No, by hopeing against hope we must now be in the bottom three with a terrible goal difference and absolutly no chance of securing a point in any of our last three games. Is this where we are now?

Your posts are often well thought out and great to read but that one comment there is laughable. And before anyone gets theirs out and starts lauding it up, no I do not think 5th bottom is a fantastic position, but it aint hopeing against hope by a long shot.

Personally, I'm going to be travelling to West Ham on Saturday prepared to snatch anyone's hand off if they were to offer me a fourth from bottom finish. Defeat in the next two games, which is not beyond the bounds of possibility, would leave us going to Wolverhampton in need of a point, or if results went against us a win. With all due respect I find nothing laughable about the position we are in. We are in a relegation battle and, on paper at least, we would appear to have a very tough run-in. Indeed, I think only Blackpool have a more difficult final three fixtures.

Are you for real?

After the turmoil of this season and two away games and Man Yoo to come, 17th will be such a relief, suprised anyone is bothered about anything else with two weeks to go.

Personally, I'm going to be travelling to West Ham on Saturday prepared to snatch anyone's hand off if they were to offer me a fourth from bottom finish. Defeat in the next two games, which is not beyond the bounds of possibility, would leave us going to Wolverhampton in need of a point, or if results went against us a win. With all due respect I find nothing laughable about the position we are in. We are in a relegation battle and, on paper at least, we would appear to have a very tough run-in. Indeed, I think only Blackpool have a more difficult final three fixtures.

At the start of the season i often tremble at the thought of playing bottom and second from bottom respectively.

• 4 weeks later...

Following TF's departure I think it is time to bring this thread back.

Paul Hunt seem like a stand out candidate to me.

Have been working in football and more importantly with clubs from the same area (Bolton and Wigan). Therefore most likely have a lot of business contacts and a network among companies in Lancashire.

No idea who this bloke is but hope he's good because I think his job description will read something like:-

- Run club

- Sign players

- Sort out contracts

- Do all commercial stuff

- Do all media stuff

- Make tea

- Drive bus

- Play football

- Do anything not mentioned above

Does he know what he's letting himself in for I wonder?

No idea who this bloke is but hope he's good because I think his job description will read something like:-

- Run club

- Sign players

- Sort out contracts

- Do all commercial stuff

- Do all media stuff

- Make tea

- Drive bus

- Play football

- Do anything not mentioned above

Does he know what he's letting himself in for I wonder?

You missed out " choke a few chickens ".

Hughesy you took the words right out of my mouth when I read that article it made me wonder whether they are on there way over here seeing as Tom Finn has left today & as Paul Hunt is on his way over the whole timing of it TF's resignation & these 2 leaving Leicester suggests it could possibly be on & seeing as though we have not yet replaced JW they might both be on there way over.

Looking forward, as I have said previously, Hunt has good pedigree – he has good (commercial) experience and seems a logical appointment. It will be interesting to see exactly what his role entails.

Archived