BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Paul Hunt - New Deputy Chief Executive

'It's what happens after a takeover', is it? ALL senior staff members go within 6 months?

Maybe some corporate bod could enlighten us?

Matty, it happens a lot more than people think, and many times it's not because the people moved on are incompetent (or thought to be so).

It's because the new owners might think that loyalties might lie elsewhere. So the new owners bring in their own new bods and (hopefully) generate a sense of loyalty to them.

I've been through a few "mergers"/takeovers and have seen some very capable people shown the door. It's been a case of, "There's your severance cheque, empty your desk and leave." They would also have someone at their shoulder to ensure nothing else was taken other than personal stuff.

So, what has happened at Ewood appears to have been remarkably civil.

• Replies 119
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Brings in fresh ideas too.....too much negativity around about 'how it used to be' - it isnt that way anymore, so move on!

It's called having an opinion Hughesy. Personally, I can't find many positives in getting rid of Williams and Finn. However, if Kean and Jensen had been given the order of the boot I'd be brimming over with positivity! ;)

It's called having an opinion Hughesy. Personally, I can't find many positives in getting rid of Williams and Finn. However, if Kean and Jensen had been given the order of the boot I'd be brimming over with positivity! ;)

Getting rid of JW and TF to us may not make sense, but I can reassure all fans that whenever takeovers happen, majority of the boardroom is replaced. With our owners having a different outlay and plans for the future, they've replaced JW and TF with people whom they feel comfortable with. If I was to buy a new business I'd like my OWN team in place, and probably replace the old. Exactly what has happened at Ewood.

Although it was sad to see both men leave, it is not the end of the world and is very much the norm in the business world.

D'ya know folks. I couldn't care less whether other companies replace existing staff during a takeover. What's that got to do with Rovers? I'm more interested to know whether the current set up - or lack of it - is better than what we had. Because basically, I don't believe it is. In fact, I think we're a darned sight worse off than we were. Not only that, but I don't believe Venky's know what they've lost.

Brings in fresh ideas too.....too much negativity around about 'how it used to be' - it isnt that way anymore, so move on!

Reading Nicko on the transfer thread merely makes me realise just how much I miss "how it used to be" when the club had administrators who, despite not having much money to play with, knew how to run a football club.

Reading Nicko on the transfer thread merely makes me realise just how much I miss "how it used to be" when the club had administrators who, despite not having much money to play with, knew how to run a football club.

I felt, over the last few years, that there was staleness and whiff of decay around the club. The old regime had ceased to care and wanted rid, good riddance. However daft Venkys are they haven't yet done anything as heinous as the neglect of the old lot.

I felt, over the last few years, that there was staleness and whiff of decay around the club. The old regime had ceased to care and wanted rid, good riddance. However daft Venkys are they haven't yet done anything as heinous as the neglect of the old lot.

I was talking about John Williams and Tom Finn. To say they didn't care is rubbish. They were both hugely dedicated to Blackburn Rovers. As for all the flack that the Trust seem to pick up, the bottom line is that they kept us in the top flight for the longest period since 1936. That is a pretty significant achievement that often gets overlooked.

Forget Venkys/Keans talk of Champions League, if our present owners can have the same success as the Trust in keeping us in the top flight I'll be more than happy.

Hear, Hear Parson.

People seem to be constantly comparing The Trus with Venky's. WE KNOW that they wanted rid, WE KNOW they had pulled the plug, however we had a management structure that STILL got results on and off the pitch.

John Williams said 'the fact we do not have Chelsea's millions doesn't stop us from being ambitious'.

With money behind JW and TF we could have gone places, fast.

'They've gone, get over it, they wanted their own people in', fair enough, their pergoative and all that, but it was not down to JW and TF the club was 'stale', big losses for me.

D'ya know folks. I couldn't care less whether other companies replace existing staff during a takeover. What's that got to do with Rovers? I'm more interested to know whether the current set up - or lack of it - is better than what we had. Because basically, I don't believe it is. In fact, I think we're a darned sight worse off than we were. Not only that, but I don't believe Venky's know what they've lost.

Not trying to be funny Den but I'm sure John Williams considered himself a business man... he advocated the take over and still no doubt feels it was neccessary. In no way am I defending the approach Venky's took to dispensing with his services but JW would have expected as part of the takeover to be replaced - its very normal as the other poster said.

Although that said it is normal for the buyer to have a proven track record in the industry in normal takeovers, I doubt Paul Hunt was previously on the payroll at Venky's.

JW should will have seen his job as getting the best deal for the shareholders and that he did. Like it or loathe it (and I really loathe it) football is a business - just a daft one!

This wasn't simply a matter of Venky's wanting to bring their own man in Oscar. If that was the case, then they lied in their offer to shareholders.

No, IMO JW wasn't prepared to go along with the way they wanted to run the football club, so he got out. Shame they weren't prepared to listen to a man who could have put them on the right tracks.

This wasn't simply a matter of Venky's wanting to bring their own man in Oscar. If that was the case, then they lied in their offer to shareholders.

No, IMO JW wasn't prepared to go along with the way they wanted to run the football club, so he got out. Shame they weren't prepared to listen to a man who could have put them on the right tracks.

The irony is that at City he will have less of a say than at Rovers- out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The irony is that at City he will have less of a say than at Rovers- out of the frying pan and into the fire.

The only irony that I see is that some fans think that this was simply a matter of Venky's bringing in their own man. If they intended that, then they lied to the minority shareholders, - but they didn't intend that did they?

As for having less of a say at City, I'll bet on the one hand that he's very happy to be away from rovers at present, but on the other hand I imagine he would be dismayed at what's going on.

The only irony that I see is that some fans think that this was simply a matter of Venky's bringing in their own man. If they intended that, then they lied to the minority shareholders, - but they didn't intend that did they?

As for having less of a say at City, I'll bet on the one hand that he's very happy to be away from rovers at present, but on the other hand I imagine he would be dismayed at what's going on.

It clear JW's role became redundant here - he did not want Steve Kean to become manager (however Venky's still appointed him) and according to Mrs Desai did not like the influence of Jerome Anderson. The fact he has barely said a word since he left says it all really.

Bloody hell Hughesy you sound like the man who took over from my mother. Same staff, 2 years in to being headmaster and its all their fault the ofsted results are dropping never mind the fact he's a class A knob.

John JW doesn't need to say a single thing, actions speak louder than words.

The LT are reporting today that Anthony Bloch, who has been mentioned by Nicko, has been appointed to replace Andrew Pincher as the Club Secretary.

lad here at work says this is his mate and he's an Everton fan and that is where he has been working previously and held many positions (ie worked himself up through the ranks) - told me he was also flown out to India to meet the 'parents' so to speak.

Andrew Pincher was devastated at being dismissed by Venky's. His "crime" according to my friends at the Club was that Pincher told Venky's what the law is and that they should comply.

He was sacked and did not want to leave.

VENKY'S STINK

Andrew Pincher was devastated at being dismissed by Venky's. His "crime" according to my friends at the Club was that Pincher told Venky's what the law is and that they should comply.

Told them the law about what? The release clause??

If so - they did right to screw and extra £4m off the mancs.

Just been speaking to the lad who is mates with Anthony B- he has advised me he started in the role yesterday and has already expressed (what we know already) that Venkys know absolutely nothing about football.

Archived