BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

So a remarkable end to a remarkable season, mostly bad.

And to think we are only 1 place below Owen Coyle's team. I thought Owen Coyle was supposed to be the 2nd coming?

And it shows how BAD the league is when Sunderland can effectively go on Holiday at Christmas, get royally spanked at home regularly and still limp into 10th

Roll on the summer :brfc:

........or now we've stayed up Junior will commit himself to the club after impressing in the first team.

Let's hope so. But he was saying in the LET in Feb/March that he wanted to sign a new contract and stay, and Kean was saying he wanted to wait until the summer to get him signed up.

If he signs, then great - no harm done. I think his profile hasnt quite made it as far outside Ewood for us to be overly worried about the biggest teams coming in for him just yet. But if one of them comes knocking, then we will most likely lose him on the cheap, which would be criminal.

No. The Great Leader decided best wait till the close season, after he's played enough games to turn the heads of other clubs and when he can move for peanuts if he likes (with one year left on his contract)...rather than securing him in February/March.

You are pathetic.

Great game today. Couldn't have asked for much more. Can relax for a few months at least.

Credit to Kean. Didn't think he had it in him to turn around our form. He's proved some people wrong although I doubt any of them will admit it.

Let's hope so. But he was saying in the LET in Feb/March that he wanted to sign a new contract and stay, and Kean was saying he wanted to wait until the summer to get him signed up.

If he signs, then great - no harm done. I think his profile hasnt quite made it as far outside Ewood for us to be overly worried about the biggest teams coming in for him just yet. But if one of them comes knocking, then we will most likely lose him on the cheap, which would be criminal.

So you think it would have been a bright idea to sign him up to a new deal on premiership wages when we may well have been playing championship football? Switch your brain on before you reply next time.

Just got home - amazing day!! As IF we were 3-0 up at half time - what's that all about?! Got quite nervous towards the end of the game but it was fine!!!

Bring on Hong Kong!! :D

Evening chaps,

Long time regular lurker and semi frequent poster here.

Just sat watching the highlights of your game from today and thought I'd drop in and say well done on a huge win and thanks for not stuffing up our day!!!!

The decent non thug side of Birmingham had its collective heart in its mouth today as the first half hammering you gave Wolves looked like saving Small Heath from the drop.

I'm delighted you stayed up, delighted you helped send them lot down and delighted we will continue to play you 8 times a season.

Look forward to my annual trip to Ewood next season.

Enjoy the summer.

The point wasnt about our position but rather the quality of football in show. I attended a few away games with him in charge and I kid you not I have seen lower league teams play with more substance than the dross tactics he employed on our travels. Highest percentage of long balls attempted and lowest percentage of long balls sucessfully completed is what we had to put up with.

A few games? :rolleyes: Well lets all hail sloughrover the clubs No1 fan and supreme footballing authority all rolled into 1.

Some of the best football seen in the Prem this season was played by Blackpool..... fancy trading places with them slough?

Excellent performance today and rather out of the blue considering the past few months. I'm just thankful that we live to fight another day. I'm also thankful for Hoilett. Last time I saw somebody sell two dummies and leave four opponents on their arses in a few feet like he did today was over 45 years ago!

I have no idea how that's your conclusion.

It's black and white.... the transformation occurred HT v Blackpool.

May I remind you of Wolves at home this season, when if not for Robbo's heroics, it could have easily finished 3-3.

We weren't managed by a rookie then.

Indeed not.... btw was there any booing today in the last 5 minutes when we were trying to run the clock down? :rock:

Did anyone else notice how often the players celebrated with the manager after every goal? Respect is clearly there for him and now results seem to be following.

How many times?

They made it look like they were celebrating but they were actually shouting "backstabber" and "doughnut" at him and hitting him.

Obviously

You said we were down Jim. :blush:

Do I detect a note of triumphalism imy? Jims prophecy was very accurate..... and a lot more accurate than Mrs Desai's attempt thats for sure.

Kean is on less money than Sam.

Win-win

Surely you've heard about peanuts and monkeys Bucky?

A few games? :rolleyes: Well lets all hail sloughrover the clubs No1 fan and supreme footballing authority all rolled into 1.

Some of the best football seen in the Prem this season was played by Blackpool..... fancy trading places with them slough?

Excellent performance today and rather out of the blue considering the past few months. I'm just thankful that we live to fight another day. I'm also thankful for Hoilett. Last time I saw somebody sell two dummies and leave two opponents on their arses in a few feet like he did today was over 45 years ago!

It's black and white.... the transformation occurred HT v Blackpool.

Indeed not.... btw was there any booing today in the last 5 minutes when we were trying to run the clock down? :rock:

We all know you were secretly hoping we would go down so you could say I told you so. But guess what we didn't. Btw at what point did I claim to be a complete footballing authority? I wasn't alone in giving up away games under Sam and for a valid reason.

What a bloody brilliant last day. Congratulations TCO. Baby should be called Jason Brett Junior... lol My last game before we emigrate to Australia and what a game and what a day. Just fantastic. Me jumping up when we scored the third and landing on a copper was funny as... Copper just laughed! Now home, throat sore being soothed by a nice cold glass of Strongbow or three. MoTD on shorty :-)

Evening chaps,

Long time regular lurker and semi frequent poster here.

Just sat watching the highlights of your game from today and thought I'd drop in and say well done on a huge win and thanks for not stuffing up our day!!!!

The decent non thug side of Birmingham had its collective heart in its mouth today as the first half hammering you gave Wolves looked like saving Small Heath from the drop.

I'm delighted you stayed up, delighted you helped send them lot down and delighted we will continue to play you 8 times a season.

Look forward to my annual trip to Ewood next season.

Enjoy the summer.

Good final game for you too pal....dont think 'small Heath' will be missed!! ^_^

Extremely impressed with the performance today, for all the talk of Wolves improving form and good results at Molineux Rovers completely battered them in the first half today. For me the extra plaudits should go to Brett Emerton, he has lifted his game immensely in the season's twelfth hour to help us stay up with important goals and assists.

Now we can finally leave this chaotic mess of a season behind us and start focusing on rebuilding. Rovers squad has been held together with steel wire and duct tape for years and desperately needs an overhaul.

Amazing day out. Celebrations in the concourse at half time were great and it was even better that we both stayed up, as the Wolves fans celebrating with us after the whistle made it that much more fun.

Archived