BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Preview of Wolves vs. Rovers; 22 May 2011.

• Replies 815
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Could you put that quote in bold letters please Jim- he seems to think we were playing Sam hoofball football.

The BBC report sums up the first half perfectly, to be fair Jim probably hadn't seem the game yet, but first half was great football, pass and move, wonderful to see.

What a game - gets into my top 10 ever. Very reminiscent of Boxing Day '76 at the Turd. Good win on any day given what Wolves are capable of at home but with the pressure and intensity of the event I thought we were brilliant in the 1st half. 2nd half we were never going to close down, Wolves were in the bottom 3 ffs, and we got undone not by being over-run but by 2 set plays, which can happen.

There's no doubt that the latter part of the season has been very different from the Dec-March period. Key events for me were firstly J Jones finding his feet in this league and enabling us to play 4 across midfield, something the sages on here said was both impossible and a century out of date anyway. With a strong 4, Hoilett could have more of a floating role and his goals have been huge for us. The return of Jones Jnr into the back 4 also made us better. Lastly a word for the old warhorses, Bert and Jase. 4 goals between them in the last 3 games plus another 3 or 4 assists.

And we finished a massive 4 points behind last years 10th place in a much more competitive league this year when we signed only dross in the close season. History will hardly show this season as some kind of cataclysmic collapse, not matter how it felt at times.

Pretty good summary :tu:

Just got back now, what a cracking day out but my oh my being a Rovers fan is hard sometimes, we love to make hard work of things.

We could'nt find out the scores from around the grounds so we did'nt have a clue who needed what which made for a really twitchy last ten minutes, We realised Wolves were safe with a few minutes to go as we saw the old keep ball again, its a shame that Blackpool went down but it made for a great friendly atmosphere at the final whistle when the wolves fans stormed the pitch and came and applauded us.

I will remember this day for a long time to come but this season will be instantly forgot.

:brfcsmilie: :brfcsmilie: :brfcsmilie:

On the coach as we get past Haydock.

My issue was never with Kean personally, but that we AGAIN went for a total novice.

Venky's risked everything and thank feck it came off, but I make no apologies for my various rants.

As for today, it was an afternoon I'll never forget, people shouting 'Blackpool are winning' 'stays like this Wolves are down'

Football, bloody hell.

Delighted with the result, well done to the team and Kean.

Several players have raised their game in recent weeks Samba, Emerton, the two Jones have played a huge part in keeping us up. A special mention and praise has to go to Hoilett who really has added so much to our team since Sam has left. I just hope we can keep him however I have my doubts he will be here next season after several decent performances will have alerted a number of clubs and his contract situation will likely see him leave on the cheap.

Rovers have a huge amount of rebuilding to do in the summer. The striker stiuation needs sorting out and the midfield still is a problem especially if J.Jones returns to Schalke. But the first priority has to be the managerial situation, sack Kean carry out a proper search for a manager then give him some decent backing and Rovers should have a solid start going into next season.

I expect someone has already posted this but Wolves v Blackburn is the main match on Football First at 8.25pm. So you can re-watch it all again without any nerves!

Top man! I didn't know, but now I'm watching

Absolutely great day. Wolves staying up too made for a superb day for me as I was treated to hospitality for the day.

That's a good a half that I've seen us play for God knows how long. We were a threat going forward everytime and dealt with anything they threw our way with ease. Second half they were bound to come at us but we held on and can experience top flight football once again next season.

Special mentions to Phil Jones and Hoilett. These boys were terrific and we must do all we can to hold onto them. Let's enjoy tonight and celebrate the fact that we're a small Town club who are going to be rightly where we deserve to be once again come August.

How were the Wolves fans at the end with the pitch invasion,I hope both sets of fans got on well?

They were very good, they came and celebrated with the Rovers players and stood in front of our side and applauded us, Salgado was fantastic he was flying up and down in front of us jumping up and down like he had just won the league.

Did'nt see any bother at all apart from one of our little oiks throw a bottle at the end at a copper, to which he got caught by other Rovers fans that clipped him and rightly so.

• Backroom

Friday - My son is born

Sunday - Rovers win, we stay up and Brum go down

Perfect weekend?

I don't care how the second half went, fact is we went to a tough place and got a win when we needed it.

We have actually finished the season very strong.

A few things are vital now, first of all I think the manager needs to go still, Hoilett and J Jones need signing up now then lets build a future around those two plus P Jones, Olsson, Nzonzi and Maceo Rigters with Formica and Rochina hopefully coming on strong next season.

Looking forward to the Asia Trophy now :)

As an aside the co commentator on football first just said the reason Roberts celebrated his goal was because he never got a chance at wolves :wacko:

Well, what an aftrnoon, beter than going to Ewood. Got an inkling that the game was on at a pub i Bolton. Got over there to find that it wasn't. Back to Darwen to find it wasn't at a 'reliable' one. On to another. Again a no no. A couple of pints later and knowing that we were 1-0 up on to another 'reliable' one. Yes but the doors were locked. Heaving. Blagged our way in just as the second went in. The rest is history.

Well done Rovers! A new striker in the close season, plus another two here and there and we'll be ok. Well done Keano, got to give the guy credit. :brfc:

Has Hoilett signed a new deal? I'm having a memory lapse...

No. The Great Leader decided best wait till the close season, after he's played enough games to turn the heads of other clubs and when he can move for peanuts if he likes (with one year left on his contract)...rather than securing him in February/March.

Archived