BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup

yes i remember now, i was at the rochdale game, didnt diawarra come on as a sub and then get subsstituted as he was that bad? we won 6-0 too if i remember correctly, being a rovers fan is so hard on the memory at times, i just couldnt remember.

That was the game that David Dunn scored a hat-trick of penalties. Not often that happens. Not jst DD BTW, by any player.

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Seen quite a few minutes of Sheff Wed since we got drawn against them.

My goodness Kean got lucky with this one- a team with very clear strengths and weaknesses.

Even Kean could make some adventurous selections and be 100% certain of going through.

My goodness Kean got lucky with this one- a team with very clear strengths and weaknesses.

Even Kean could make some adventurous selections and be 100% certain of going through.

Love this post, is there such a thing as 100% in life bar death?

Expect this to be a tough game with Rovers playing a weakened first 11 and Wednesday up for the game and trying to take a scalp of a bigger team.

If the V's are here tommorow could we see a Wigan/ince/players scenario tomorrow night?

Not if Jason "Arselicker" Roberts has anything to do with it.

In one way I hope that we lose, if it results in more pressure on Venkys to do something to get rid of Kean and install a manager with top flight experience.

If we win, what do we hope for? I think its better to lose, meaning less games (for us to lose), and so we can concentrate on staying in the premiership

I hope they batter us.

Really? We all might hate the manager but you want a league one team to batter us at ewood?

Would cause team morale to fall and we'd be out of the league cup which a run in could be a highlight of our season!

Can't believe some people would ever want us to lose no matter of the situation!

This game would serve as the perfect opportunity for the players to hold back, not put a shift in, if they don't support the manager or owners.

Be interesting to see this one unfold.

I can't wait for this game.

Premiership against little league.

Big crowd with the Blackburn Enders sucking the ball into the onion bag, exciting, flowing football.

Smell of the liniment.

Fans staying behind to applaud our heroes and manager.

Walking up Livesey Branch road feeling 10ft tall.

rave match reports on tv, radio and in the papers.

a smile around my face at work on Thursday morning.

I can't wait.............................damm dreaming about Rovers again rather than sex!

Really? We all might hate the manager but you want a league one team to batter us at ewood?

Would cause team morale to fall and we'd be out of the league cup which a run in could be a highlight of our season!

Can't believe some people would ever want us to lose no matter of the situation!

That's because you're thinking with your heart and not your head - an affliction suffered by many football fans.

If we can get Kean sacked without losing any more league points, as well as remove a potential fatal distraction from a likely season of struggle (see City, Birmingham) then I'm all for it.

Yer maybe so, but one win against league one opponents isn't going to save keans job is it?

I definetly want another decent run in the cup, was one of the hightlights of the year if not the highlight of the year when we beat chelsea and then lost to yet again villa lol

Or when we had the memorable league cup final win against spurs.

I'll settle for that please lol. Just because we win against sheff wed it doesn't mean kean will stay if we aren't playing well

• Backroom

Same could have been said both times we played Coventry

One of the few things a club like Rovers can hope for is a good cup run with maybe a trip to Wembley at the end of it FFS. And even with the current crop of players we still have a chance of that, there are worse sides than us have got to cup finals.

I've never wanted Rovers to lose a game in my life and I never will, regardless of the circumstances, and anyone who says they do want us to lose should find another club to support. Unbelievable!

One of the few things a club like Rovers can hope for is a good cup run with maybe a trip to Wembley at the end of it FFS. And even with the current crop of players we still have a chance of that, there are worse sides than us have got to cup finals.

I've never wanted Rovers to lose a game in my life and I never will, regardless of the circumstances, and anyone who says they do want us to lose should find another club to support. Unbelievable!

People like you who put blind faith above logic are the reason why football clubs in this country are able to make mugs out of their fans time and time again.

Archived