BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] League Cup

People like you who put blind faith above logic are the reason why football clubs in this country are able to make mugs out of their fans time and time again.

What a load of old ######!

What is the point in 'supporting' a team if you actively want them to lose? Anyone who was at Cardiff in 2002 will never forget that day I'm sure, and I'm sure that if we somehow managed to stumble our way to Wembley we'd all turn up for a party again wouldn't we?

Since when was football logical anyway?

I'll criticise Kean all the way with the best of them, and call for his sacking, but no way will I ever actively want Rovers to lose, just so that he (or anyone else) gets sacked or even worse, just to prove a point (the number of people on here who seem to be revelling in being 'proved right' about Kean is sickening).

Incidentally 'people like me' travel a 450 mile round trip to go to Ewood every week, why on earth would I want to see them lose? So that I could have a good moan for 4 hours on the way home?

• Replies 366
  • Created
  • Last Reply

More fool you then. Like I said, if getting a humping off a League One side and going out of the League Cup gets us rid of Kean then that's the least collateral damage I can forsee us having to suffer before he gets the boot.

Yes, I would very much enjoy another cup final, and yes I would be there as I was in 2002, but if you ask a Birmingham fan if they'd swap their trophy last season for our Premier League status, I think we both know what they'd say.

• Backroom

Think Ramm is playing tomorrow, he mentioned it on twitter - be good to see him get a chance

I'd rather Henley played before him or is Henley left footed?

Think Ramm is playing tomorrow, he mentioned it on twitter - be good to see him get a chance

If kean had a brain cell he would put a full strength team out and get them some confidence and momementum going into the weekend, he won't tho because they've played two matches and are tired bless em.

First game of the season for me, so I'm looking forward to it.

Kean has to be very careful here. He has to pick the right team, otherwise rovers and him could be made to look quite ridiculous. In previous seasons we could make eleven changes and still coast through these kind of games. Now, I'm not too sure. My advice to SK would be don't underestimate Wednesday and don't overestimate our second eleven.

He reckons that we can win a cup, so this should be a shoe in. We better had win, because the fans that do turn up, would no doubt let him know their feelings otherwise.

Rovers to win 3-1.

Glad we are not Norwich.

really? They've looked a lot better than us in the first two league games. They got spanked tonight that's for sure but it's possibily a blessing in disguise that will allow them to focus on league survival. All three promoted teams tonight proved their squads don't have much depth, which may be telling in a 38 game season and will hopefully work in our favour.

More fool you then. Like I said, if getting a humping off a League One side and going out of the League Cup gets us rid of Kean then that's the least collateral damage I can forsee us having to suffer before he gets the boot.

Yes, I would very much enjoy another cup final, and yes I would be there as I was in 2002, but if you ask a Birmingham fan if they'd swap their trophy last season for our Premier League status, I think we both know what they'd say.

You're not a true Rovers fan, end of.....

First game of the season for me, so I'm looking forward to it.

Kean has to be very careful here. He has to pick the right team, otherwise rovers and him could be made to look quite ridiculous. In previous seasons we could make eleven changes and still coast through these kind of games. Now, I'm not too sure. My advice to SK would be don't underestimate Wednesday and don't overestimate our second eleven.

He reckons that we can win a cup, so this should be a shoe in. We better had win, because the fans that do turn up, would no doubt let him know their feelings otherwise.

Rovers to win 3-1.

I think you'll have plenty of space to spread out in Den! I think Kean should play the majority of the first team because some of them didn't look that fit or sharp in what I've seen so far.

You're not a true Rovers fan, end of.....

I really hate when people post that about other members. It's so ignorant.

T4E is simply looking at the bigger picture. Do you really think he WANTS Rovers to lose? Ever?

I see QPR, Norwich and Swansea have all shown where their priorities lie this season!

IMO Keans in a no win situation with his team selection for tomorrow night. If he plays a "full strength" team and somebody gets injured, he'll be critised. If he try's to put out a team of younsters and the new players, He'll be critised!

• Backroom

I see QPR, Norwich and Swansea have all shown where their priorities lie this season!

IMO Keans in a no win situation with his team selection for tomorrow night. If he plays a "full strength" team and somebody gets injured, he'll be critised. If he try's to put out a team of younsters and the new players, He'll be critised!

Fully agree there, I think either way he's on to a loser.

Keans had all summer to plan for these early games, by assembling his squad getting deals done early etc.,

So now the games have begun, can he say that his team are not ready for them.

I really hate when people post that about other members. It's so ignorant.

T4E is simply looking at the bigger picture. Do you really think he WANTS Rovers to lose? Ever?

Well er yeah actually, given that he stated so in the first place which is what provoked the reaction! In fact, if I remember correctly he/she didn't just want Rovers to lose, they wanted us to get thumped (or words to that effect). And if you actually read what he/she wrote they were having a bit of a dig at the poster who couldn't understand why anyone would want Rovers to lose in the first place, ("People like you" I think it said). I'm sure he/she is big enough to take it as well as give it out.

I hope Rovers put 7 past Wednesday tonight, gain loads of confidence and improve the league form and results on the back of it - but if others want us to 'get thumped' then we really are in a mess.

On the first point, yes he would be, on the second, no he would be doing what every Rovers manager has done in the early rounds for years.

Archived