BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Anyone had a chance to watch Law Abiding Citizen?

Trailer looks decent, haven't heard any reviews on it though.

Very very good. Best thriller I've seen in ages. Clever and witty with a very edgy dark side. I thoroughly enjoyed it.

Gerard Butler is fantastic. I had my doubts as to whether he'd be believable, but he really was. The line from the trailer when said in the context of the film is great -

"Here's the deal. Release me by 6am"

"Or what?"

"Or I kill EVERYONE"

Brilliant.

Young man, now listen to meee young man. I don't pay you to read this messageboard, I pay you to go and make me a cup of tea.

Saw the Damned United last night, great film.

Billy Bremner, what a marmalade ######. Hate him, and I hate Leeds.

Probably my favourite football photo ever:

article-1088232-0007DBD700000258-45_468x323_popup.jpg

Edited by Bryan

Watched paranormal activity today at the cinema. One of the scariest films ive seen for a while. I find the cheap home made style with little special effects more scary and believable than the big budget hollywood films. Im into my paranormal stuff, and the fact it starts slowly and builds to a head is what alot of real life reports are like rather than being all action from the start. Made me laugh when the psycic told them he cant help, then they called him again. He flew all the way accross america to knock on the door tell them he cant help and leave again within 30 seconds.

Apparently it only cost $11,000 to make and has made hundreds of millions of dollars so far.

Fully reccomended but dont watch it alone in a dark cinema!

anyone know anything about Avatar?

It's supposed to be unbelievable! I can't wait to see it myself. Other ones that I'm looking forward to seeing are The Road, Capitalism: a Love Story, The Blindside and Prophet. I read Cormac McCarthy's book The Road last week and loved it. The movie looks pretty good as well.

Made me laugh when the psycic told them he cant help, then they called him again. He flew all the way accross america to knock on the door tell them he cant help and leave again within 30 seconds.

I thought he drove up from San Diego and they were living in L.A?

Edited by RoyRover

Saw it the other night there, it absolutely unreal! Go and see it.

Me too - saw it last night - the clips on TV make it look like a cartoon - but it is amazing at the flicks, if you are going to see it make sure its at a cinema.

Watched District 9 on friday,personally couldn`t see what all the fuss was about.It was ok but nothing better than ok. 6/10

However today i went to see Avatar....wow absolutely stunning visually! plot was a bit same old same old but that wasn`t really the point of the film.Good characters and great action,but the best part for me is the fact you forgot that what you was seeing was mainly CGI (which i was a bit apprehensive about!).

It definitely raises the bar in how movies are made. :tu: 10/10

However today i went to see Avatar....wow absolutely stunning visually! plot was a bit same old same old but that wasn`t really the point of the film.Good characters and great action,but the best part for me is the fact you forgot that what you was seeing was mainly CGI (which i was a bit apprehensive about!).

It definitely raises the bar in how movies are made. :tu: 10/10

Pretty much what I thought when I went to see it on Sunday in 3D. Being a sci-fi and action fan i just had to see it, brilliant film that i really enjoyed despite some of the plot clichés and some of the political and racial undertones in the film.

The CGI and visuals are absolutely stunning, a gorgeous landscape of colors.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

Took my eldest to watch this today. For the first time in ages I actually felt that the overpriced cinema tickets were money well spent.

Fantastic film. Kept me and a 6 year old mesmerised for the full 2 hours and 41 minutes.

There is a definitely a political commentary but it does fit with the plot. There were also shades of Aliens and Matrix about it too.

Edited by Jisty

We went to see Avatar tonight partly out of interest and partly to get out of the house for a while. I hadn't expected a morality tale based around global warming and the destruction of the north American Indians. The film borrows heavily from Pocahontas, Little Big Man, bits of Platoon and Apocalypse Now, Lord of the Rings plus others I can't quite call to mind. Perhaps also Bury My Heart at Wounded Knee? I fully expected the Ents to save the day in the final battle scene. There was a department for just about everything but not plagiarism?

Having said that the visual effect was very impressive. The CGI parts in 3D were excellent and worked really well, the parts filmed with "real" actors didn't work so well for me, the immediate foreground and the background was often out of focus for my eyes. For example the two characters would be in 3D but the computer screens were just a blur. The first 10-15 minutes I felt quite nauseous, this may have been the 3D or could have been because we had to take seats three rows from the front?

Decent entertainment but about 30 minutes too long, weak and predictable storyline, very clever CGI and 3D, so overall good value for money but someway from stunning or brilliant. I have seen many far, far better films using real people to create the illusion need in the cinema.

Edited by Paul

Yep, agree with Paul on Avatar. It was certainly entertaining enough and with the 3-D novelty is worth going to the Cinema to see. Outstanding visuals and and the 3-D excitement enough to paper over the crappy plot. Starship Troopers meets Gorrillas in the Mist!

saw it in 2D, its awesome, dont see the need for watching it in 3D, if I wanted to be entertained in 3D, I'd go to the theatre

Find a site that has natural Real D with two dedicated lenses, not the crappy 'triple flash' you get at most multi's (the kind that will give you a headache).

The look and feel of Avatar under Real D conditions is gorgeous, not the 2D 'flat' experience.

Yes, the thing is too long and the plot is clunky but even Kermode said as he left the screening - "Wow"

Took my eldest to watch this today. For the first time in ages I actually felt that the overpriced cinema tickets were money well spent.

Fantastic film. Kept me and a 6 year old mesmerised for the full 2 hours and 41 minutes.

There is a definitely a political commentary but it does fit with the plot. There were also shades of Aliens and Matrix about it too.

Went to see it at the IMAX today in Manchester. All I can say is that Avatar in 3D at IMAX has ruined cinema for me. It is absolutely jaw-droppingly beautiful. The story is a bit like Dances with Wolves but ultimately you just get lost in the world. And is it wrong to find yourself fancying a 10ft blue female alien with a tail... :blush:

Edited by RovertheHill