BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

get your arse down to vue and watch MR FOX!!!! the best film of the decade bar none ...AWSOME

I think the two Batmans, Curse of the WereRabbit, Up, Wall-E, The Incredibles, Star Trek and Serenity, to name but 8 are considerably better than a pretentious kids movie that's aimed squarely at adults. I enjoyed it but the kids in the cinema hated it

• Backroom

Met with Disney yesterday, this is their attempt to keep the Pirates franchise going (loveable rogue, damsel in distress etc).

Oh, err, there's another Pirates in 2011.

If you don't mind me asking what kind of job do you do if you get to meet Disney reps?

I can't wait for the return to hand drawn animation with Princess and the Frog

If you don't mind me asking what kind of job do you do if you get to meet Disney reps?

I can't wait for the return to hand drawn animation with Princess and the Frog

Involved in building and opening new cinemas. Getting ready for the conversion to Sony 4K digital and Real D. The exclusive deal with one of the biggest brands on the planet is a real coup, the only 4K chain in the country.(8 times the normal pixellation you get in digital theatres). :)

• Backroom

Any planned for round here?

Don't fancy opening one in Rishton do you?

I've actually been impressed with the new 3D films I've seen at Vue recently, Up was visually stunning

Watching Public Enemies on DVD and dissapointed really. The fact I'm on here says it all! Heat is still Michael Mann's best film! Btw, District 9 is superb if anyone hasnt seen it.

Rovers 3-0 Pompey!

Close with that prediction. Quite like Collateral, that's Michael Mann isn't it?

Edited by Jisty

I saw the Michael Jackson movie This Is It last night. Basically it's just recordings of him and the rest of the show rehearsing, with some brief interviews with the cast and crew. It's very enjoyable and show's that he wasn't completely crazy when in a 'normal' situation. He still had all the moves down, even if they weren't delivered with the same force as in the past. Some of his singing was fantastic too. The show itself would have been unreal, easily the biggest of all time.

Recent films:

Men who stare at goats - worth a watch. Nothing particularly special but its entertaining. Kevin Spacey probaby the pick of a high profile cast. Ewan McGregor's accent was shocking. Wanted to like it a lot more, but it wasnt too bad.

Zombieland - Reasonable, but just had the feeling that id seen it all before. Not a touch on Shaun of the dead. Amusing in places without really being hilarious

Recently watched on DVD:

Public Enemies - Really enjoyed it. Not for everyone but thought it kept the interest for the whole film.

21 - Rubbish

In the Loop - Great film. Still funny 3/4th time viewing.

No country for old men - Watched again for the first time since release and it was much better the second time of watching. Fully recommended.

I went to see 2012 last week. It's not too bad, but not great either. There are some very impressive pieces to the movie, with the scale of destruction covering the globe and the size of the arcs. There are some great bits of action as well. However, there is an awful lot of cliched nonsense, with some awful dialogue and dodgy CGI. The trailer is fantastic and this movie is better than say The Day The Earth Stood Still, which also had a great trailer, but was a complete pile of balls.

Yeah 2012 ticks all of the boxes that an 'end of the world' film should, but like RoyRover says it's full of dodgy dialogue, mediocre and cliches. It's not very good, but it's not terrible either.

I was with you until the bit in bold. It's bloody awful.

Real imaginative stuff. Ooooh, we're all doomed. Why is it so many films these days leave me cold?

Now if it'd been called 2010 it might've got people's attention, but 2012 is bloody years away!

Gran Torino arrived from love Film today, will watch it later, looking forward to a bit of the ol' Big Clint.

Real imaginative stuff. Ooooh, we're all doomed. Why is it so many films these days leave me cold?

Now if it'd been called 2010 it might've got people's attention, but 2012 is bloody years away!

Gran Torino arrived from love Film today, will watch it later, looking forward to a bit of the ol' Big Clint.

Have you noticed that in most 'end of the World' movies the President is black?

We are doomed.