BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

Yeah 2012 ticks all of the boxes that an 'end of the world' film should, but like RoyRover says it's full of dodgy dialogue, mediocre and cliches. It's not very good, but it's not terrible either.

It's possibly the worst film I've seen.........................no cinemas were flooded in the making of this movie

Sky movies is launching a christmas movies channel come december, as long as National Lampoons xmas vacation features then it's all good with me

Need Lethal Weapon and Die Hard, as well. My brothers and I used to watch them Christmas day because they took place at Christmas time (our excuse).

Men Who Stare at Goats........hmmm a strange film. Not a clue what it's about, other than the plot line, some very, very funny moments. Amazed by the queues for The Twilight Moon at the cinema tonight. I'd never heard of it till last week.

Harry Brown any good?

I went to see it the other night and it's yet another great effort from Michael Caine. From the very beginning when you see some louts anti-social activities recorded on their mobile phones, to the quiet, simplicity of Caine's life, you get a sense foreboding in how these two worlds will mix. It's a brilliant movie, which leaves you wondering about the way society has turned and the youth culture of today and makes you ask yourself if would really care if such pond life, was taught a lesson like Caine's?

Men Who Stare at Goats........hmmm a strange film. Not a clue what it's about, other than the plot line, some very, very funny moments. Amazed by the queues for The Twilight Moon at the cinema tonight. I'd never heard of it till last week.

I'm ashamed to say that I watched the first Twilight movie. My sister bought on DVD a couple of months ago, after seeing 2 or 3 times in the cinema. Even though she said it was cack, it was one of those guilty pleasure movies that everyone watches. She convinced me to watch it, warning me how bad it was and the ridiculous overacting that takes place. I have a very low tolerance for embarrassing or uncomfortable situations in real life or even watching stuff on TV or at the movies, so I wasn't hopeful about my ability to watch this movie. The first 20 minutes wasn't that bad, but by the end of it, I was watching it through me fingers, such were the cringing scenes and moments of dialogue. I can't imagine New Moon being much better.

We went to see 2012 recently and although the special effects are very special, the rest of it is absolute bo11ocks. As the credits rolled, Mrs Sidders sighed and said "I'm picking the next one"... which was Paranormal Activity. Having heard a rave review from a younger member of the Sidders clan I was really looking forward to it, but it's no great shakes. Yes, I jumped a couple of times but if you've seen Blair Witch Project, you have a good idea of what to expect. One bloke a few rows back was freaking out a bit though and his very vocal surprises at each thud and bump were very funny. I think the simple minded sod thought it was real. Mrs Sidders claimed not to be scared at all but she was very twitchy in her sleep and last night she woke me up at stupid o'clock with the immortal line "Did you hear that?". She wasn't scared though, oh no. Honest. Girls, eh! Going to see Harry Brown very soon and waiting for Gran Torino from Love Film... but they keep sending it to other buggers first!

Watched a few films lately:

Wanted:bending bullets in a complete circle? oh dear enough said....0/10

Don`t mess with the Zohan:one of those films that i had been meaning to watch for ages and never got around to.Absolutely hilarious....9/10

Christmas carol (Jim Carrey):ok,nothing spectacular but great animation and really puts you in the Christmas mood....6/10

Whilst watching Christmas Carol,they showed a 3D trailer for Avatar.It really does look very good indeed,fantastic effects and should be brilliant in 3D.Just hope the story matches the effects though as i get the feeling we`ve seen it all before.

The gf's choice of film next week: Xmas Carol.

Mine: Harry brown.

Who's gunna win that? her no doubt, but anybody know if Harry Brown is any good? I'm told it's Sir Michael Caine's greatest performance since the Italian Job! Hope that ain't an overstatement. I'd hate to be disappointed by a man I consider to be one of the most fascinating in the world. He's on for my fantasy dinner party for sure hahaha!

For sheer visceral thrills, little can beat the excellent Paranormal Activity - a short, sharp and ultimately very nasty shock.

Iv heard its poor.

Iv watched 2 DVD's this weekend - Orphan & Harry Brown....both good films

Harry brown 8.5/10

Orphan 7.5/10

Iv heard its poor.

Iv watched 2 DVD's this weekend - Orphan & Harry Brown....both good films

Harry brown 8.5/10

Orphan 7.5/10

Far from it. It's very good. It taps into the whole idea of primal fear. The last 20 minutes is particularly good.

Agree with you on Harry Brown though. I thought it was a fantastic movie.

• Backroom

I'm not watching Paranormal activity, I like my horrors but that doesn't look like my idea of fun.

Can't wait for the Princess and the Frog, proper Disney 2D animation.

The Nativity looks good for Xmas. Time to get the Xmas crackers out soon:

Muppets Xmas Carol

Home alone 1 and 2

Bad Santa

And of course National Lampoons Xmas Vacation