BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

A decent super hero movie like Batman Begins, The Dark Knight, Iron Man, Spider-man 1/2? You've been pretty spoiled the last few years.

Spider man 1 - 2002

Spider man 2 - 2004

Spider man 3 - 2007 (that one was awful)

Batman Begins - 2005

Ok Iron Man and Dark Knight were 2008 but we are at the end of 09 now and not much seems to be in the pipeline.

There dosent really seem to be much out or on the way of what I would call a big film.

I didn't expect Taken to be so good considering the septic reviews I read. If you can excuse the ignorant premise that sex traffickers lurk on every European corner, primed to carry off pretty young Americans, it's a rather enjoyable load of nonsense. I'd highly recommend it.

Yep taken is a very good film. Keeps you hooked too which is what you want from a film.

Im not really sure why it got slated by more or less every review!! :o

Have had this on sky plus for a couple of weeks but never got round to watching it because like the reviews I wasnt that fussed.

On reading the good reports on here I stuck it on last night and I have to agree that its a great film. Never really like Liam Neilson in much but he played this spot on - marched round the place just kicking ass.

The lass should have been given a clip round the ear for not doing as she was bloody told though.

Spider man 1 - 2002

Spider man 2 - 2004

Spider man 3 - 2007 (that one was awful)

Batman Begins - 2005

Ok Iron Man and Dark Knight were 2008 but we are at the end of 09 now and not much seems to be in the pipeline.

There dosent really seem to be much out or on the way of what I would call a big film.

Eh?

Iron Man 2 and 3, Jonah Hex, Green Lantern, The Green Hornet, Spiderman 4, Thor and Deadpool are all currently underway with a shedload more in 2012

and you've had Hancock, The Incredible Hulk, Watchmen, The Punisher in the last couple of years plus a couple more I know but can;t think of.

We are being very spoilt at the moment.

I watched Juno over the weekend, anyone seen it? I went out and bought the DVD on the strength of the title character featuring in the 100 Greatest Movie Characters list a few pages back. Ellen Page is absolutely superb, cutting, witty and absolutely hilarious. A rarity in thats its a film full of young persons vernacular that isn't solely aimed at young people.

Highly recommended.

EDIT: Just searched the thread and there's already a bit of dicussion about the film. Apologies, didn't check first.

If you like Juno, there's a chance you might like Nick and Norah's Infinite Playlist. Another quirky indie flick.

• Downvote 1

Went to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus at the weekend - didn't really enjoy it as it lost me half way though and I started to get bored, it did get a bit better towards the end but frankly if I'd been on the sofa at home watching this, I'd have been off out for a beer as it was the mussus enjoyed it more so leaving the cinema was not an option.

Re: Taken - Who's driving the Boat !!!!!!

A bloke smart enough to not get in the Liam Neeson's way!

Anybody seen Saw 6 yet?

It's better than the last few but they'll never top the original as it was such a unique idea at the time. (Well at least that's how it seemed, I'm sure there are similiar torture game type films from years ago)

Worth a watch and it's enjoyable but nothing to make you go Wow in my opinion.

Agreed with the others who are talking about 'Taken', very good film.

Watched 'The Invention of Lying' the other day with Ricky Gervais, funny in places and again I liked it but expected better to be honest, thought it was a great idea for a film but just felt like something was missing.