BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I think next up will be Wall-E (because it's the only one left that I haven't seen, but I own).

Good luck. I really didn't get the overall interest in that film. I love Pixar but turned this one off after 20 minutes of nothing. I even got the blu-ray free with my player and it hasn't been out of the shrink wrap. Only kept it as I thought my daughter may enjoy it when shes old enough.

Can I tick it off my list as "tried to watch"?

Hans Gruber was great I just can't get over him being in the top 20 FFS. I know I sound like I am getting worked up over this a little too much but it just annoys me when fanboys flood the voting on these kinds of things.

He definitely made that movie stand out from all of the pretenders that followed.

"I'm an EXCEPTIONAL thief."

Good luck. I really didn't get the overall interest in that film. I love Pixar but turned this one off after 20 minutes of nothing. I even got the blu-ray free with my player and it hasn't been out of the shrink wrap. Only kept it as I thought my daughter may enjoy it when shes old enough.

Can I tick it off my list as "tried to watch"?

Thought Wall-E was brilliant. One of the top movies of this decade, IMHO.

As good as Wall-E is it isn't one of my faves, it doesn't touch Ratatouille or Nemo in my opinion, still a great film though

Thanks to some friends having a 2 year old, I've recently seen both Ratatouille or Nemo and thought they were both excellent (Nemo especially), however neither come close to Cars which I thought was possibly the best kids film I've seen (so good I bought it).

He definitely made that movie stand out from all of the pretenders that followed.

"I'm an EXCEPTIONAL thief."

"I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

Gruber was fantastic.

• Backroom

Thanks to some friends having a 2 year old, I've recently seen both Ratatouille or Nemo and thought they were both excellent (Nemo especially), however neither come close to Cars which I thought was possibly the best kids film I've seen (so good I bought it).

Cars takes a lot of flack but I thought it did an amazing job of giving inanimate objects personality and character.

Liked the underlying story of the demise of rural America as well

"I wanted this to be professional, efficient, adult, cooperative. Not a lot to ask. Alas, your Mr. Takagi did not see it that way... so he won't be joining us for the rest of his life."

Gruber was fantastic.

"Mr. Takagi, I could talk about industrialization and men's fashion all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude, and my associate, Theo, has some questions for you."

The whole film's absolutely wicked and #2 was pretty good as well.

apparently "Yippee-kay-ay" means "here, eat this" in Urdu. cool.

"Mr. Takagi, I could talk about industrialization and men's fashion all day, but I'm afraid work must intrude, and my associate, Theo, has some questions for you."

The whole film's absolutely wicked and #2 was pretty good as well.

apparently "Yippee-kay-ay" means "here, eat this" in Urdu. cool.

My favourite Die Hard is actually the 3rd one, with Jeremy Irons as Gruber's brother. Excellent plot-line that one. In honestly they're all great, harmless fun action flicks. Can't beat it.

I have a theory - if a woman will put up with you shouting out "Yippee-kay-ay" at the moment of climax, she's a keeper. So far I'm right ;)

• Like 1

My favourite Die Hard is actually the 3rd one, with Jeremy Irons as Gruber's brother. Excellent plot-line that one. In honestly they're all great, harmless fun action flicks. Can't beat it.

I have a theory - if a woman will put up with you shouting out "Yippee-kay-ay" at the moment of climax, she's a keeper. So far I'm right ;)

The 4th one's not half bad either.

My personal favourite Gruber quote is "You asked for miracles Theo, I give you the FBI."

With a nice lengthy pause between the F, B and the I.

The 4th one's not half bad either.

My personal favourite Gruber quote is "You asked for miracles Theo, I give you the FBI."

With a nice lengthy pause between the F, B and the I.

Yeah the 4th is great.

"You just killed a helicopter with a car!!"

"I was out of bullets"

To expand your Gruber quote slightly -

"The circuits that cannnot be cut are cut automatically in response to a terrorist incident. You asked for miracles, Theo, I give you the F....B...I..."

Brilliant.

Big fan of the Die Hard series. The first is definitely in my top 10 films.

Personally i'd rank them:

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Die Hard 4

Die Hard 3

Wasn't really a fan of three, i liked certain elements of it but overall it just didn't have that appeal that the others had.

Alan Rickman was superb as Hans Gruber. Another film where he plays a brilliant villain is Robin Hood the Prince of Thieves as the Sheriff of Nottingham.

Edited by RibbleValleyRover

The face as he plummets down the building is also priceless.

Wonder if he was actually going to try and take them with him, always wondered if he was about to shoot McClane or his wife before the watch, "Its a Rolex" was unfastened.

Definitely. Apparently that reaction was real - the director instructed the stuntman to drop Rickman early (on the count of two rather than three).

Die Hard 2 and 4.0 were pretty ordinary, the plot holes of 2 were a killer and 4 was just plain stupid. It was so over the top, and not over top good, over the top dumb.

*SPOILER*

There was not ANY reason to keep the girl alive other then to keep the plot going, just ###### kill her.

Worst.badguy.EVER.

*END SPOILER*