BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Movie Discussion

I think Die Hard 2 was better, but Alan Rickman really made the character of Gruber.

Gruber "This time John Wayne does not walk into the sunset with Grace Kelly"

Mclane "That's Gary Cooper a$$hole"

You liked Die Hard 2 better? I'm amazed at that - great film but the weakest of the 4 in my opinion.

Die Hard's got to be in my top ten, god knows how many times I've watched it.

Ditto, I went out and found the "Quadrilogy" box set a while back, great purchase.

Big fan of the Die Hard series. The first is definitely in my top 10 films.

Personally i'd rank them:

Die Hard

Die Hard 2

Die Hard 4

Die Hard 3

Wasn't really a fan of three, i liked certain elements of it but overall it just didn't have that appeal that the others had.

I'm very surprised at this, Die Hard 3 is my favourite. Its just an excellent twist and Irons is good as Gruber's brother. Not as good as Hans, but Samuel L Jackson makes up for that. The opening "game" he has McClane play is real jaw-dropping stuff when the camera pans out and you see what he's wearing.

Definitely. Apparently that reaction was real - the director instructed the stuntman to drop Rickman early (on the count of two rather than three).

Good trivia!

I really like Die Hard but I can't help but be sceptical of anything Bruce Willis is in these days. Tough guy, he is not.

Get out. Anything with Bruce Willis in is awesome. Including Hudson Hawk.

I hated Die HArd 2, because it got so many things wrong that I couldnt get past those to enjoy the film.

Get a life cadet boy, its Die Hard!!

Looks like the movie of The A Team is finally being filmed, Liam Neeson as Hannibal Smith and they have kept van the same as the original.

Jessica Biel stars as the General who is persuing The A Team

For the MMA/UFC fans amongst us, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been cast to play B.A. Very charismatic guy who could just pull it off.

You liked Die Hard 2 better? I'm amazed at that - great film but the weakest of the 4 in my opinion.

Ditto, I went out and found the "Quadrilogy" box set a while back, great purchase.

I'm very surprised at this, Die Hard 3 is my favourite. Its just an excellent twist and Irons is good as Gruber's brother. Not as good as Hans, but Samuel L Jackson makes up for that. The opening "game" he has McClane play is real jaw-dropping stuff when the camera pans out and you see what he's wearing.

Good trivia!

Get out. Anything with Bruce Willis in is awesome. Including Hudson Hawk.

Get a life cadet boy, its Die Hard!!

For the MMA/UFC fans amongst us, Quinton "Rampage" Jackson has been cast to play B.A. Very charismatic guy who could just pull it off.

I waited until the 4th movie came out to get the box set. I do like 2 better than all but the first - thought 3 and 4 both dragged on about 15-20 minutes too long.

Do agree about Hudson Hawk - thought it was a good movie with weird humor that I like. Plus, any movie with David Caruso!

• Backroom

I gotta say Die Hard with a Vengeance has always been my fave, I saw it before I saw the other 2 though and I've always had a liking of anything New York

Edit: Rampage Jackson is to play BA is he? Wonder if he'll dry hump anything in it?

Edited by TCO

I am surprised people do not think the original Die Hard is the best. It has everything including one of the best villains in any action move. Great one-liners. The third is good as well and I liked the most recent one but it did not really feel like a Die Hard movie for some reason. Probably as Willis is so much older now. The second was the weakest I thought.

I am surprised people do not think the original Die Hard is the best. It has everything including one of the best villains in any action move. Great one-liners. The third is good as well and I liked the most recent one but it did not really feel like a Die Hard movie for some reason. Probably as Willis is so much older now. The second was the weakest I thought.

To be honest thats why I liked 4 - I didnt expect it to feel like a Die Hard movie, and at the start it didn't, but it doesnt take long for Willis to give you that feel. Probably the "you just killed a helicopter with a car" moment that seals it.

Die Hard 4 is a top movie. There's no earthly way they could top that. It's stupid, but it's good stuupid.

I really do like that ruck in the car park with the martial arts bitch. Classic stuff.

John McLane, one of the all-time great movie characters. Welcome to the party pal!

Number 1 was the best.

• Like 2

I watched Juno over the weekend, anyone seen it? I went out and bought the DVD on the strength of the title character featuring in the 100 Greatest Movie Characters list a few pages back. Ellen Page is absolutely superb, cutting, witty and absolutely hilarious. A rarity in thats its a film full of young persons vernacular that isn't solely aimed at young people.

Highly recommended.

EDIT: Just searched the thread and there's already a bit of dicussion about the film. Apologies, didn't check first.

Edited by Tugay4England

http://www.paranormalactivity-movie.com/trailer.html

This is supposedly the best indie-horror since Blair Witch.

I wanna see it.

Kinda of getting sick of jumpy hand held cam movies now though, Cloverfield, [rec] and recently District 9 now we get another one.

Too much reliance on the medium to create fear and the story generally suffers

Kinda of getting sick of jumpy hand held cam movies now though, Cloverfield, [rec] and recently District 9 now we get another one.

Too much reliance on the medium to create fear and the story generally suffers

Never watched one - it would annoy me no end and would probably make me feel queasy.

• 2 weeks later...

Watched 'Taken' for the second time as it was on Sky Anytime/Sky Movies this week. Not a bad film, a french action thriller starring Liam Neeson. Some of the acting is questionable but its decent paced with plenty of action.

Anyone else seen it?

Yeah saw it on Sky Movies last night. I really liked it, bar the annoying daughter he was trying to save.

Watched 'Taken' for the second time as it was on Sky Anytime/Sky Movies this week. Not a bad film, a french action thriller starring Liam Neeson. Some of the acting is questionable but its decent paced with plenty of action.

Anyone else seen it?

I watched it a while ago and was pleasantly surprised. I remembered Empire giving it 1 star and saying that it was the worst movie of the year. But it wasn't nearly as bad as I thought and actually thought parts of it were pretty good.

I watched Unforgiven for the first time the other night. What a great movie that is. It really captures the sense of a good old Western movie from the past, with the pace, tone and script.

Watched a couple of films this week:-

Pride and Glory - Ed Norton and Colin Farrell in what I can only describe as a bore fest. The Mrs fell asleep an hour from the end and the weird thing was that I don't think she mist anything.

Ghost Town - Lets get one thing straight from the off - I don't like Gervais however for some reason I didn't mind him so much in this. Not a bad film to watch on a Sunday with the other half.

I am just waiting for a decent super hero film to turn up. Would love a dark superman to come out.

Went to see The Imaginarium of Doctor Parnassus at the weekend - didn't really enjoy it as it lost me half way though and I started to get bored, it did get a bit better towards the end but frankly if I'd been on the sofa at home watching this, I'd have been off out for a beer as it was the mussus enjoyed it more so leaving the cinema was not an option.

Re: Taken - Who's driving the Boat !!!!!!