BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Backroom

I'm also one of the 9.

I appreciate it's a fantastic opportunity and I feel very fortunate to have the chance to go.

To further what John said (and I hope I'm not speaking out of line) when the new owners took charge of the club John penned a letter to them with input from the rest of us welcoming them to the club and introducing ourselves as a fans forum, Simon on his trip further talked about what we do and I think it was seen as a possible gateway to talk to fans.

I read about the fans forum on the official site and wrote to John expressing an interest in joining, he then contacted me maybe 6 months later when a vancancy arose, I don't think anyone ever expected anything like this to come about though.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There's something very unsettling about all of this, and the way it is coming out.

I'll get pelters, no doubt, but it honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach. Never felt like this about any posts before.

Would be interested to know whats unsettling about it and why it makes you feel sick in your stomach?

There's something very unsettling about all of this, and the way it is coming out.

I'll get pelters, no doubt, but it honestly makes me feel sick to my stomach. Never felt like this about any posts before.

Which bit is unsettling? After months of complaining about no communication it now appears that they have taken it onboard. Can they do anything right?

Well done to the "Pune 9". Really happy that you all are going to get this unique opportunity and fully deserved for all the hardwork that you put in on Rovers fan behalf. Hopefully you get to spend sometime with the owners and can put across to them the feelings of the fans.

Well done and enjoy the trip, India is an amazing country!

Great gesture by the owners, another step in the right direction.

I'm not sure the fans forum members actually speak for the vast majority of fans, in fact I'd go as far as to say most fans have no idea we have a fans forum. That said they're a good bunch from my experience, so they'll represent the views of a section of the support very well indeed.

That's fair enough Glen, I only joined the forum recently but it's something I am proud to be a part of. I'm still finding my feet so to speak and learning how it all works but it's certainly something BRFC should be proud of to allow every day fans to attend regular meetings with them.

As for the trip, a great gesture and an excellent opportunity for both fans and owners. I'm not one of the nine who are going but can confirm it was all above board and done correctly. Hopefully fellow fans will see it for what it is and not try and find faults where non exist.

Sorry couldn't disagree more.

For the first time since last October I am actually starting to feel settled about who owns the club. In fact to use one of Steve Keans favourite words I am feeling "positive"

I can't think of any negatives whatsoever about this, it is what it is, Venkys are opening up to Rovers fans and it is a fantastic gesture.

Well done to the guys that are going, you all deserve it (I am very jealous !!).

Well done to the "Pune 9". Really happy that you all are going to get this unique opportunity and fully deserved for all the hardwork that you put in on Rovers fan behalf. Hopefully you get to spend sometime with the owners and can put across to them the feelings of the fans.

Well done and enjoy the trip, India is an amazing country!

been there worked there(Pune, Nashik, Mumbia) got the t shirt, if any body wants any info/tips just pm me

Thanks for the offers (RovertheHill and Yoda) ... on a practical level we have shared useful information around with each other - eg on what immunisations are needed and whether or not to take anti-malarial drugs.

We're going to get together again before leaving to discuss cultural dos and don'ts and other such things, so any hints and tips you can share will be appreciated.

I can't think what to say (although I'll work with Kam & Wen on a news story on how this amazing offer came about) but I can confirm, I'm one of the nine.

There's a shock - I sent you a tweet today! :lol:

Gutted I couldnt get on the trip, I wont deny that!! But it was strictly Fans Forum members only!! :(

• Backroom

I had a cracking time when I was there with work the other month. You will meet some lovely people

Having never been to that part of the world personally I expect a bit of a culture shock

I'm delighted with both the idea and the names chosen.

Of the names that have come out so far, it appears to be our more level headed and well reasoned posters. I'm a little worried about the 'Lost-esq' undertones of you being the 'Pune-9' though, particularly as you will be getting there by plane.

Congratulations, do us proud.

Having never been to that part of the world personally I expect a bit of a culture shock

I had never been further than Spain before. I started a new job and after a week they told me I was going to India in four weeks. It was quite a shock.

Had a great time though. You will see some interesting things. Cows wandering the city streets, five people on motorbike on the freeway (driver, mum and 3 kids (no helmets obviously). Kids with no shoes. Etc

It's a different world

Ha Ha I think you know the answer....I tried to get on the trip today but no doing....Gutted

I'm surprised you didn't ask your mate Kean

:)

• Backroom

Another point worth noting is that being on the FF doesn't mean we are all happy clappy cheerleaders of Kean and the owners, we all have different views on them, some with full unwaivering support, some not so much.

The Kean stuff is irrelevent though as we don't discuss footballing matters at the meetings.

Archived