BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Its over the weekend Ralf. It's also the weekend the first team are flying over there I think so it's just a case of adding a couple more onto their existing booking.

You must have a great job if flying out on Tuesday evening is considered as over the weekend!

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I have been incredibly impressed with Venkys and Kean this week with regards communication- a MAJOR issue that has stemmed from day really.

We now have had:

1. Kean giving a 35 minute interview to Kamy with all questions asked.

2. The owners paying for 9 fans to visit Pune and interact with them.

3. Kean himself saying that he is willing to meet Glen and answer his questions.

I cannot think of a single club in the PL that would go to these lengths to communicate with the fans, a massive plus 1 to Kean and plus 10 to Venkys.

Hope to read some detailed feedback from fans... right two have come out of the closet, seven need to appear, it would hilarious to see Vinjay on the plane to Pune lol!

Yes an impressive PR display.

In chronological order item 2 should actually be listed as item 1 and reworded ''The owners making arrangements for and paying for 9 fans selected only from the Fans Forum etc......''

I think it is a good idea from the owners. Though why the need to go to India is baffling. They could have got you all together during one of their trips over to the UK.

But good idea all the same.

Because the team is India at the same time doing some PR work, so it would be good to have some our fans over.

Its over the weekend Ralf. It's also the weekend the first team are flying over there I think so it's just a case of adding a couple more onto their existing booking.

Its Tuesday to Monday.....Long weekend

Difference is with Chelsea is that the club is very much run in England, same with City and most other clubs.

Are Venky's going to get the right people in to do the same for Rovers? Micro maanging from Pune is no way to run a PL club.

Ah, I think there's some confusion here. The Chelsea fans were from England at the Asia Trophy and were referring to the fact that Rovers actually acknowledged us at that Trophy.

Your main point, though, is being addressed.

I have thought about this too much this morning. suffice to say "flying fans" to India alienates me more from Venkys,this is not in my "Lancashire World" and BRFCS is a Lancasire club, abit on the World Stage. This itrip is to communicate with the fans. Well the fans are here, not there! As someone pointed out Venkys have a base here now and were over for the Arsenal game, why not have the meeting then? Don't like this... This is BAD PR again. Will they learn?

Well, at our normal meetings, we discuss earth shattering topics like the temperature of the pies and the acceptability of electronic cigarettes, through to actually vaguely important stuff (the FF pushed hard for lower ST prices and unreserved seating in the DE). In fact http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum has the minutes going back to 2007 so people can see how we managed to spend so much time without talking about on-the-pitch stuff.

Pie temteratures :D

I think it's a good exercise and a chance of a lifetime for some hardworking fans who put more into the club than others. What I think these guys should do is get accross that other fans would like the opportunity to spend time with them to discuss issues once in a while too. This need not happen in India, it could be at Ewood, they could even charge for the privilege, An Audience With the Venkys, we get to ask questions and have a bevvy and they get to feel like Rockstars.

I have thought about this too much this morning. suffice to say "flying fans" to India alienates me more from Venkys,this is not in my "Lancashire World" and BRFCS is a Lancasire club, abit on the World Stage. This itrip is to communicate with the fans. Well the fans are here, not there! As someone pointed out Venkys have a base here now and were over for the Arsenal game, why not have the meeting then? Don't like this... This is BAD PR again. Will they learn?

Because the team is there, having local fans there is something no other club has done with something like this.

I think picking from the fans forum is probably the right thing to do, as they are very knowledgable and passionate fans.

Though the fans forum from what I know are all pretty similar people, I don't think it's a great cross section of our fanbase. (personal opinion)

I hope the nine that are going will report back on everything and not censor anything out.

Well, at our normal meetings, we discuss earth shattering topics like the temperature of the pies and the acceptability of electronic cigarettes, through to actually vaguely important stuff (the FF pushed hard for lower ST prices and unreserved seating in the DE). In fact http://www.rovers.co.uk/page/FansForum has the minutes going back to 2007 so people can see how we managed to spend so much time without talking about on-the-pitch stuff.

As far as I'm concerned, for these two reasons alone you all deserve the chance to go on this trip. Those two decisions have made it possible for me and my family to be season ticket holders again, and bring assorted people down from Glasgow with us at times, without having to sit separately.

Hope you can all convey just what the club means to us, and what we as supporters expect. Arte et Labore.

I'm very much in favour of discussion with the fans but this freebie trip seems to me very much like a bribe, particularly the elitist selection of the participants.

Is there anyone going on the trip who is going to express my views, and many others, on the suitability of the manager or why after the sale of £26mil of players we were not able to spend a similar amount on signings, particularly in view of the reduction in wages? Or is it going to be a pleasant chat over tea and cakes.

Sorry if I sound negative. I don't mean to be, but I would like to be sure that my views are represented as well as the pleasantries.

Also I have nothing against any of the people who have declared themselves to be going personally. Just the secretive way they were selected from amongst 'safe' fans already known by the club from discussions in the FF. No risks with anybody like Abbey who could be guaranteed not to keep his mouth shut.

Please represent my views, and those of many others as well as your own.

Glenn - maybe you can see if they have a few spare quid knocking about for a couple of nice shiny servers in time for the next transfer window ;) Seriously, to all going have a good trip but more importantly please come back with some answers for us little people :D

Glenn - maybe you can see if they have a few spare quid knocking about for a couple of nice shiny servers in time for the next transfer window ;) Seriously, to all going have a good trip but more importantly please come back with some answers for us little people :D

Guess I picked the wrong time to resign from the Fans Forum then?

Hey Ho, two weeks Gran Canaria will numb the pain B)

Good lucj to everyone going and enjoy.

• Backroom

I think something people need to consider that this is the first time the owners have met with the fans as any sort of body, we have to build a relationship with them and want them to come forward more.

If we go over there shouting and screaming I feel they wouldn't want to discuss anything further in the future.

..........and I'm sure they know that, hence being willing to do it on their patch but not so much over here.

I'm sorry, but to me this just appears as though the owners are trying to buy the affection of the people they consider to be the most influential amongst the fans. I really can't see much coming of this - we're lead to believe Venky's already read the messageboard, so they will already know about a lot of the concerns, and could address them if they so wished without giving 9 folk a free holiday.

I'm sure those going will enjoy themselves but to consider this as anything more than a PR stunt is wishful thinking in my view, and there's nothing written on this thread so far that suggests otherwise.

Aren't the guys and gals on the Fans Forum the people who bothered to put themselves forward in an attempt to get some constructive fan input into the club? The range of issues addressed may not have been rivetting sometimes (according to Glenn) but that is even more impressive in my book.

Making loud noises on this board or elsewhere is not in the same category in my opinion. There is a special occasion arranged in Pune and the Rovers will be there. How fitting that a bunch of real fans get the chance to enjoy it and still have the opportunity to let Venkys see and hear at first hand what we all want them to know.

That ain't gonna happen in 60 minutes on a cold miserable night in Blackburn Town Hall.

I think something people need to consider that this is the first time the owners have met with the fans as any sort of body, we have to build a relationship with them and want them to come forward more.

If we go over there shouting and screaming I feel they wouldn't want to discuss anything further in the future.

One day you will be as cynical as the older ones amongst us.

In the meantime please don't insult us with such comments.

Thanks Christ for that. We were fully expecting there to be a welter of negative posts when this was made public and I was beginning to believe you had all gone soft. <_<

To answer your points it is paid for, except that we are individually picking up the costs of visas, vaccinations and travel insurance (and beer money). We don't know the full detail of what we will be doing when we get there, beyond that we will be seeing the game with Pune FC and seeing the Roverstars programme and we may not know the detail of what is planned until we get there.

Have the posts hardened up now? <_<

How fitting that a bunch of real fans get the chance to enjoy it and still have the opportunity to let Venkys see and hear at first hand what we all want them to know.

Iv'e learned twice in the space of four days that I'm not a REAL fan, (firstly from our manager cause I didn't support him and now because I'm not currently a season Ticket holder based in the UK) phew glad that's cleared up all the games I went to from 1972 until 2008 must have just been for something to do when I was bored

One day you will be as cynical as the older ones amongst us.

In the meantime please don't insult us with such comments.

Have the posts hardened up now? <_<

Cynicism is not really something to aspire to though is it.

Pick several of the more cynical posters on here( and there are lots to choose from) to meet them and you can pretty much guarantee that the whole process would be spectacularly pointless.

As others have stated, PR exercise, we'll show you what we are doing over in Pune.

Quite frankly that is the least of my concerns, yes! it's good to see them following through with their vision for Venky's in Asia but my and pretty much every other fan wants to see them fulfil their promises to BRFC (UK).

I have the feeling that reading the press releases that this is nothing more than a hearts and minds exercise.

I doubt much time will be allocated for the Pune 9's audience, the type on questions that Hughsey posted, getting answers, are you serious, you really think they will discuss in detail their failings.

Hope I'm wrong but ............

Pick several of the more cynical posters on here( and there are lots to choose from) to meet them and you can pretty much guarantee that the whole process would be spectacularly pointless.

So the whole point of the exercise is to go there and lap it all up?

To say nothing except enjoy the trip and tow the line?

Btw I'd love to know if the local food is provided for the Pune 9...If it is I'm tempted to gatecrash the party!

Absolutely there are lots to choose from.

A large majority of fans from all walks of life are cynical about the whole charade since The Rao's took over. Unless someone takes them to task in Pune, there's absolutely no point in the trip - IMO.

I can assure you all that the owners are very keen to listen to input from the fans.

However, it has to be done in a reasoned, polite and dignified manner. Remember, these people are ready and willing (and already have) put a great deal of money into the club.

It's going to take a very long time before some fans accept them. They have to start somewhere.

Absolutely there are lots to choose from.

A large majority of fans from all walks of life are cynical about the whole charade since The Rao's took over. Unless someone takes them to task in Pune, there's absolutely no point in the trip - IMO.

Unfortunately,some on here are now so cynical that their fallback position is to query and discredit every idea which comes up.

I don't want 9 of those giving it large in Pune claiming to speak for all of us.

Of the people who've 'outed' themselves so far I'm pretty much happy with them representing us all rather than some of the complete tools on here.

Archived