BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

We kept the slowly slowly approach that we said we would from the start. Every concern we had was raised in a professional manner. Tom M was a star..

I'm almost certain that the meeting Kamy has mentioned will happen as well.

I can confirm that Birdys bill has indeed been paid ! My head is banging. Will upload pics to Pune 9.com later.

Cheers Ste, we all did what we set out to do and I definitely feel every issue people wanted mentioned was discussed without holding back or sugarcoating but remaining civil and professional.

Good on you lads and a very nice gesture there from them by paying for Birdy' trip out to Pune, after your first meeting with the representative things def did not look that positive.

Sounds like a positive move in regards to the fans on the board, sounds like they have gone for people who would have a clue what their roles and responsibilities would be on the Blackburn board, would be interesting to see what level of board membership they get and to hear if they are paid members of the board.

Lets just hope that they take some action and quickly, for many of us Kean is a massive problem at the club at the moment he simply has to go. I don't think any Rovers fan would think anything against them for getting rid of him at this stage, like many managerial appointments some fail and some succeed even good managers struggle at certain clubs and to me it is pretty obvious Kean can't hack it.

They really need to understand British culture and football in the UK better, meeting the Pune 9 and Birdy will hopefully of given them a little more insight into what true fans are like, in the UK (and especially in football) unlike many countries saving face is not such a big thing culturally. In fact I could argue that here it is seen in the opposite light here as understanding when we have made a mistake, admitting it and acting on it quickly are inherintly British attributes, and one of the reasons that we still manage to compete to a certain level in the international business world despite one of the highest wage/tax/cost ratios in the world.

Ste or Tom.. might be an idea to post on here just who (or what even lol) Birdy is and what he is like *chuckle*

This may sound like I am forgiving Venkys for their many mistakes, which I am not at all (pretty much every decision outside of India has been near enough crazy by anyones standards), but the more I think on the culture differences the more I realise that there is a huge difference between our culture and theirs, a grand canyons worth of a gap, the more I realise that a different tact will be needed with these people. It should be pretty obvious to many now that Venkys have chosen poorly in regards to the advisors they have surrounded themselves with, they have pretty much admited that JA and Co took them for a ride, to me it is a little shocking they moved onto some even more unsavory chaps but how are they to know who does and does not have an agenda (although you would think a 2s google search and the fact they are yet more agents might of given them some clues).. hell at least the FF and the new board 2 obviously have less of an agenda than football agents.

One thing is certain throughout all this.. Venkys wanted to stamp their own style, tactics and approach onto Rovers and with the advise they have been given they have succeeded but only in scoring a massive own goal in the process.. They do have a chance to act now before it is to late, with us Rovers fans we only take so much crap and have notoriously long memories, we will not forgive Kean now even if he turns it around breifly the second he has a bad spell the fans will be out in force. So my advise as a hunble fan get shut now move on to new management and realistic ideas (unless you spend 100m plus, your not going to get the shiny football you crave for a long while, without killing the club), save the season and save face with the Rovers fan base.

By the way, I've just uploaded a couple of pics to Pune9.com

Hopefully Ste'll upload the pic of Balaji photographing Birdy's tats at his private party later (which was why Chris saying "crash one of the Venky's parties armed with birdy num num's" made me laugh last night).

Battersby was the bloke who gave Kean the easiest of rides on Radio Lancs.

Thanks fir the explanation on the other bloke Paul, however this doesn't sit well with me, where is the representation? Where is the vote?

Like the 9 to Pune says a lot about the way the Rao's go about things

Most people who have been involved in interviews with Kean have given him "an easy ride".

Ian Battersby was involved in Simon Garner's clothes shop in Cherry Tree-Rococco ?-and from what I can remember, he was a partner with Garner.

I haven't seen him for years, but he certainly was-and I guess still is-a really big Rovers fan.

By the way, I've just uploaded a couple of pics to Pune9.com

Hopefully Ste'll upload the pic of Balaji photographing Birdy's tats at his private party later (which was why Chris saying "crash one of the Venky's parties armed with birdy num num's" made me laugh last night).

Have you photoshoped yourself in? Looks very much like your twitter pic! ;)

Good on you lads and a very nice gesture there from them by paying for Birdy' trip out to Pune, after your first meeting with the representative things def did not look that positive.

We always knew that the outcome of every meeting influenced the likelihood of a further meeting.

Ste or Tom.. might be an idea to post on here just who (or what even lol) Birdy is and what he is like *chuckle*

I've been critical of Paul Agnew in the past, but I have to say his move of introducing Birdie to Balaji was brilliant PR.

Another nice touch was the Ewood Blues lads were invited to join the gala dinner, but Woody didn't have any shirts or trousers with him. So they whisked him off to the shop and bought him a full ensemble.

Wearing shorts to an evening function...... The ANIMAL!!!!!

Someone really should phone radio lancs about that type of behaviour ;)

BEST INJOKE EVER !

(To be fair to Martin, we found out about the meeting at very very short notice, it was pure fluke most of us happened to be already dressed for the evening event)

is that lad in the shorts who sorts the giant flag before the game?

Yep

I think that's more of a technology/patience issue. The internet here is almost unusable

From Pune9:

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings.

;) ;) :D

Best to use loads of smilies to avoid misinterpretation.

Glenn of interest is that the Pune9 website thanks Lynsey Talbot for her contribution. I understood Lynsey resigned and walked out some weeks ago. Has she returned or was the story never true?

My opinion before you guys went was that I hoped you'd speak about the concerns of fans if you got the chance, in a polite manner. Seems like that happened, so I'm really pleased...not that it matters lol.

Please listen to the fans venkys! We WILL support you, all you have to do is correct your mistakes.

As you haven't a clue who these people are you might try being respectful. Ian C is not a "fan" " and most definitely a true Blackburn Rovers supporter. I don't know the other person.

Personally I've been hoping Ian Currie's name would come up for months, there are several people on here who will confirm I've talked about this privately.

Ian is a successful stockbroker, lives locally, the whole family are die-hard Rovers fans, he has a background in finance. They can be found at every home game and frequently away.

For me this is the best news since the Rao family bought the club. Far, far more important than anything else we have heard. If the Raos couldn't meet the FF because they were busy talking to these guys I'm happy.

Paul,

My original post queried whether these were the 2 'fans' that were doing the Q&A with Kean on the radio. It appears that one of them is - the other one that you refer to clearly wasn't. My second post was aimed at Mr Battersby, who, as he's been on the radio several times before, does not seem as he would be representative of many other fans views.

Querying 'who they are' and the reason for their selection as fan representatives is entirely valid and IMO not disrespectful.

Lets not forget Venkys have disposed of several board members that had Rovers best interests at heart and wouldn't tow the line...now they want to add some 'fans' back to the board? Hard to believe they will be little else than puppets.

Glenn has also added that these were selected mainly because of their 'board room' background, not necessarily as a representative of the fans.

I hope your Mr Currie turns out to be a good appointment and as I know nothing about him, will defer to you.

So the Pune 9 were criticised for a) not meeting the owners, b ) not having the gumption to raise concerns of the vast majority of us, and c) being total stooges...

As soon as one confirms talks took place with the owners, the concerns were raised, and they did so professionally, the criticism turns to effectively they didn't secure Keans sacking?

How's that work then?

The flack generated on this and other boards about the trip is one major reason why the 9 (11) eventually got to meet one of the Raos, ( they allocate resources to monitor us lot!) what makes you think that the criticism has turned back to the Kean issue? the poll went to nearly 96% after the Rao shot himself in the foot and backed Kean. No one expected the 9 to get Kean sacked while they were in India. Lets hope the Raos take on board what has been said to them by the 3 and Blackburn Rovers can start to get some pride back and get to safety with a real manager on board

Looks like the Pune 9 did as well as any of us could have done out there. At least they got our concerns aired to one member of the owners. They could do no more.

Unfortunately I can see no way that the club can move forward whilst Kean is manager. He must be sacked or relegation is a certainty.

We must therefore continue with the demonstrations against the weasel at matches until he can no longer keep up the pretence.

Archived