BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

To put it simply it was put to representatives, and then followed up with a second meeting and then we met Balaji and put it to him.

I'm not going to go into massive detail yet, but the night ended with Balaji taking photographs of Birdys rovers tattoos, offering to go to Birdys House to look around all the Rovers memorabilia, and pay for his independent trip.

Sorry but these are simply more words from Belaji. Maybe it felt like a real bonding moment but unless they install an experienced manager, pronto, they continue to play roulette with our club.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

One Indian source revealed that Venkatesh Rao, brother Balaji Rao and sister Anuradha Desai, who co-own the club via Venky’s, are determined to back Kean because sacking him would show they made a mistake in dumping Sam Allardyce.

Read and weep.

Daft and cowardly really. All they had to say was "we tried and it hasn't worked out. We chose to give somebody a chance and he screwed it up. They could even look to the Paul Ince situation. "we are a club who like to give young and up and coming managers a chance". Many ways of rectifiying a mistake.

Mark Hughes had never managed a club before coming to Rovers.

Ince had not managed a prem club, neither had Kean.

We all make mistakes and often courage is needed to admit and correct the mistake. Well it appears venkys lack courage.

Assuming this isn't more BS, couldn't they have done both? Did they need to arrange meetings at the same time?

You also assume that the fan on the board idea is more than just another PR stunt, and they will actually have a say. Does this now mean the FF is no longer required?

I will start feeling hopeful when they start to follow through on their words. (That's hopeful rather than confident).

All I know about the "fan on the board" is what was in the papers and Glenn has posted on here. I'm not going into what I else I may or may not know for two reasons. Firstly I'm not prepared to discuss an individual on a public message board and secondly I got tired months ago of being slaughtered for posting what I could. Consequently any information I hear I keep to myself and I do NOT have any information about the "fan on the board" that Alan Nixon has written about.

All I will say is I have been hoping for months this person might become involved.

Sorry but these are simply more words from Belaji. Maybe it felt like a real bonding moment but unless they install an experienced manager, pronto, they continue to play roulette with our club.

I 100% agree with this comment.

I don't think people have a problem at all with the owners themselves, they do seem like nice people.

BUT they are clueless when it comes to running a football club.

So the Pune 9 were criticised for a) not meeting the owners, b ) not having the gumption to raise concerns of the vast majority of us, and c) being total stooges...

As soon as one confirms talks took place with the owners, the concerns were raised, and they did so professionally, the criticism turns to effectively they didn't secure Keans sacking?

How's that work then?

So, there it is then-the whole trip has been a farce. The only time to express our concerns would appear to have happened accidentally at an impromptu meeting with a representative of Venkys. I don't blame the FF for taking up the invite for a few days fun in the sun but it has obviously been complete and utter waste of time. I despise Venkys and Kean more now than ever.

You have obviously failed to follow this thread correctly. You have just assumed it was all a farce. Yet there has been some positive things mentioned by some of the Pune 9. At then end of the day they have done what could be done. They have mentioned they have been able to put the across the concerns that supporters have. What more could they have done? Hopefully there will be changes soon, in attitudes and personel.

• Backroom

We kept the slowly slowly approach that we said we would from the start. Every concern we had was raised in a professional manner. Tom M was a star..

I'm almost certain that the meeting Kamy has mentioned will happen as well.

Cheers Ste, we all did what we set out to do and I definitely feel every issue people wanted mentioned was discussed without holding back or sugarcoating but remaining civil and professional.

So the Pune 9 were criticised for a) not meeting the owners, b ) not having the gumption to raise concerns of the vast majority of us, and c) being total stooges...

As soon as one confirms talks took place with the owners, the concerns were raised, and they did so professionally, the criticism turns to effectively they didn't secure Keans sacking?

How's that work then?

I thnik he is criticising the owners if nothing gets done, not the 9.

How's that work then?

Surprised? That's exactly how this board works now

• Backroom

Can I just say thank you to the people that have stayed patient with us and understood we had to play a long game rather than steam and shout at the earliest chance.

The end result was what we had hoped for and what everyone had called upon us to do.

We kept the slowly slowly approach that we said we would from the start. Every concern we had was raised in a professional manner. Tom M was a star..

I'm almost certain that the meeting Kamy has mentioned will happen as well.

Well Done for raising all concerns to all memebers of Pune 9.

I am pleased that you got to meet Balaji Rao and talk to him.

I just hope that the owners now listen to us the fans about our concerns and now act on them.

Can anyone tell me when talking Balaji did you talk about Steve Kean and his future or was it more about Off the pitch concerns you talk about?

I can confirm that Birdys bill has indeed been paid ! My head is banging. Will upload pics to Pune 9.com later.

What a sell out! He should refused the rupee in protest! Why wasn't there a vote amongst all supporters to see if he should have been paid?

(And for those easily taken in by hoaxes such as the website "report", the above is not serious. But will Birdy face the same criticisms as the Pune9 and Roversmum?)

I think he says it's all words. Which is all that could have happened at this stage, but so many on here didn't even want words to take place.

Can I just say thank you to the people that have stayed patient with us and understood we had to play a long game rather than steam and shout at the earliest chance.

The end result was what we had hoped for and what everyone had called upon us to do.

Tom, nobody ever expected you to scream and shout.

Well Done for raising all concerns to all memebers of Pune 9.

I am pleased that you got to meet Balaji Rao and talk to him.

I just hope that the owners now listen to us the fans about our concerns and now act on them.

Can anyone tell me when talking Balaji did you talk about Steve Kean and his future or was it more about Off the pitch concerns you talk about?

I dont want to say much till we get back but we didnt hold back and I'm confident we raised everything.

Sounds good Tom, cant wait for further details when you all get back. Safe trip.

I dont want to say much till we get back but we didnt hold back and I'm confident we raised everything.

That's fine Ste.

At least we all know that you put the fans concerns over.

It has been a successful trip and looking forward to reading a report of the trip.

I'm not criticising or having a go at Ian Currie but as it seems that you know him can you explain the 'former Bolton director' quote in more detail please?

What does it matter if he was a former bolton director. No need for an explanation in my view. Business is business. We probable all work with people who support different football clubs, thats life. If I remember correctly John Williams was not a rovers supporter when he came to the club. But did good work at the club all the same.

Nice one. Look forward to hearing how things went.

I can confirm that Birdys bill has indeed been paid ! My head is banging.

Fantastic, another free trip to Pune, doesn't sit well with me one bit.

More importantly lets hope despite the 'sore head' and pictures, the brother has actually taken some of what you've said onboard, thats the major factor in all of this.

I think the trip in general was wrong, the forum members should have declined the offer IMO as I’ve said several times, but this meeting now goes some way to justify the trip in my eyes.

Look forward to hearing what was said.

What does it matter if he was a former bolton director. No need for an explanation in my view. Business is business. We probable all work with people who support different football clubs, thats life. If I remember correctly John Williams was not a rovers supporter when he came to the club. But did good work at the club all the same.

Nice one. Look forward to hearing how things went.

I didn't say it mattered, I was interested that's all. And from a business perspective I don't suppose he was in it to make money, normally it is quite the opposite.

• Backroom

Tom, nobody ever expected you to scream and shout.

Some did, a few even thought we should have pulled Venky up at his temple on a holy day

Thanks Matty. That's exactly what I was saying.

You have to consider, BRB, that all opinions are not coming from the same people. I have been quite consistent that the Pune9 have been put in a very difficult position - right from the moment the trip was mooted.

They have done extremely well to get to meet the owners - considering that this has (apparently) been not pre-agreed itinerary. Although why this shouldn't have automatically been part of the plan, I don't know.

I have stopped giving the Rao's the benefit of the doubt due to everything that has happened during the last 12 months. So until Venkys starting acting in the best interests of the club then it's all just a lot of words.

Of course I don't blame the Pune9 for not getting Kean removed but I do blame Venkys. I also blame Venkys for continuing to string fans along with their double-talk.

They are "listening to fans" therefore they know exactly how fans will react to Belaji's comments like "a few fans sending thousands of emails" and "Steve Kean is a brilliant manager". Yet they say these things anyway? Odd that.

But don't worry because he's taken a few snaps of some tattoos and paid a couple of grand for a fan's travel costs. There again, if are in touch with fans, they should have invited Birdy in the first place. Have they now turned fan's potential grievance into loyalty/respect/silence/backing by chucking a few quid at him?

The motives (on Venkys part) for the fan visit have been unpalatable from day one. Nothing that has happened since has made me revise that opinion.

Archived