BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Fans have flown over to India and Venky's have not found the time to meet and speak to these people?...what utter arrogance.

This does go to show for me what they really think of our fans back home in England.Jesus wept,did they not even have the common sense to realise that maybe agreeing to meet the fans may help to build bridges?....quite frankly,along with many on here, I dont think they give a damn what we do/say/think.

I will say this again,if your owners have simply not a clue what chance do we have here?....never known such a ridiculous situation like this before at a Football club,its totally ludicrous.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Well according to the poll, 59.3% are anti-Venky. And this board attracts people who want to vent and repels people who want to debate hence the numbers are skewed. All in my humble opinion of course.

and according to the poll 12% support Venky's, which, to my way of thinking, puts the three lads who Kamy wants to meet the owners, much nearer to representing the split of the fans, than the split of the Pune9.

I'm in danger of sounding anti Pune9 here- and I'm not!

As for the site, as you say, "attracting people who want to vent and repels people who want to debate hence the numbers are skewed" Tony, that just sounds bitter. Are the poll figures wanting Kean out skewed too - because I personally don't know one single person who doesn't think he's out of his depth.

There is an editing cut between where Julie says "we have won the Premier League and I don't see why we can't again" and "under the new owners".

There certainly is, it's quite obvious actually.

The actual sentence was probably more like:

"We have won the Premier League and I don't see why we can't win it again [but not] under the new owners [and certainly not with Steve Kean as manager]. Shows just how careful you have to be when speaking to the press I guess.

They met a venky lackey , pathetic owners and as for the element comment then they can kiss my arse if they think I'm giving them 20 quid for the toon game.

and as for exiting plans for India and rovers well I for one dont give a hoot .ITS WHAT HAPPENS IN BLACKBURN !!!!

I'm pleased the FF have set down with the owners advisors to discuss on and off the pitch thoughts and hopefully they did rely what fans think on here.

I really hope that this does happen "We are confident that the content of this meeting and the opinions which were expressed will be relayed directly to the owners."

Of course it would have been better if one of the Owners had met directly with the FF and allow them to talk directly to them their opinions.

will look forward to hear more when Glenn and Ste B get back.

and according to the poll 12% support Venky's, which, to my way of thinking, puts the three lads who Kamy wants to meet the owners, much nearer to representing the split of the fans, than the split of the Pune9.

I'm in danger of sounding anti Pune9 here- and I'm not!

As for the site, as you say, "attracting people who want to vent and repels people who want to debate hence the numbers are skewed" Tony, that just sounds bitter. Are the poll figures wanting Kean out skewed too - because I personally don't know one single person who doesn't think he's out of his depth.

1) I think they are 100% anti-Venky (I haven't checked their votes). If so that leaves 40.7% of board posters unrepresented.

2) Hmm, bitter is the wrong word, I just feel that the torrent of vitriol flowing over the board is counter-productive.

1) I think they are 100% anti-Venky (I haven't checked their votes). If so that leaves 40.7% of board posters unrepresented.

2) Hmm, bitter is the wrong word, I just feel that the torrent of vitriol flowing over the board is counter-productive.

you didn't do your research that well, Glen voted that he was not against Venkys only this week and would give them more time provided they make some good decisions, we are all a little annoyed with the "brilliant manager" comments.

Your 40% has just turned to 12%

Tonyoz,you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but just what the hell do you expect the fans reactions to be with comments from our owners like these:

"We do know a few people have been generating thousands of emails demanding the ousting of Steve Kean, who is a brilliant manager.''

"But we know the team is going in the right direction and we are very positive about the way the team is performing and the way it is going."

Our owners are not helping themselves by denying our present situation...ROVERS FANS ARE NOT STUPID! <_<

Still nearer than keans 1%

I'm trying to sum up without using the word "Postive", but it certainly is.

Here is someone who has experienced/is experiencing what you are all discussing. How is it then that Glenn is positive and the rest of you are clinically depressed and blind to what he's said? What's the point of reading this thread if you aren't going to read anything that differs with your view, when it's closest to the truth?

I've said it before and i'll say it again....bunch of morons.

Here is someone who has experienced/is experiencing what you are all discussing. How is it then that Glenn is positive and the rest of you are clinically depressed and blind to what he's said? What's the point of reading this thread if you aren't going to read anything that differs with your view, when it's closest to the truth?

in your opinion of course

my opinion is they have been worked over by very clever business people who look down on them as being in a lower caste hence no personal meetings

you didn't do your research that well, Glen voted that he was not against Venkys only this week and would give them more time provided they make some good decisions, we are all a little annoyed with the "brilliant manager" comments.

Your 40% has just turned to 12%

I'm sorry chris, I will have to correct you. Glen has changed his vote to "no confidence" in the owners and only 59.8% of board members are anti-Venky at the current state of the poll. My figures were entirely correct.

The information we've recieved so far is not positive.

Granted if some people want to see meeting some supposed "representative" of the board and having some pie in the sky idea of Rovers being big in India thrust in front of them as a positive thing then thats entirely upto them. But the rest of us have good valid reasons why we don't see that as being all that positive.

I'd imagine going on an all expenses paid luxury trip would change a lot of peoples viewpoints on the situation.

Tonyoz,you are perfectly entitled to your opinion but just what the hell do you expect the fans reactions to be with comments from our owners like these:

"We do know a few people have been generating thousands of emails demanding the ousting of Steve Kean, who is a brilliant manager.''

"But we know the team is going in the right direction and we are very positive about the way the team is performing and the way it is going."

Our owners are not helping themselves by denying our present situation...ROVERS FANS ARE NOT STUPID! <_<

Like I said elsewhere, the owners have invested their faith in Kean and whatever you say, you will not change their minds. Only results will affect their thinking. No matter what they say, they are hard-assed business people and they have shown that they are not afraid to sack people. Let's hope they don't wait too long!

Like I said elsewhere, the owners have invested their faith in Kean and whatever you say, you will not change their minds. Only results will affect their thinking. No matter what they say, they are hard-assed business people and they have shown that they are not afraid to sack people. Let's hope they don't wait too long!

Your attitude is a bit bewildering tony. So because they are intransigent we must all shut up and wait for them to come around to some sort of realisation that they got it wrong? Helping them get to that point a bit quicker might just be a good thing don't you think?

Being one of the people who has backed both Kean and Venkys I think I'm now entitled to be sceptical on what a Venkys representative says to the forum members. Lets not forget, the brothers themselves have told lies after lies direct to the fan base, so some representative has limited credibility in my eyes.

Only results will affect their thinking. No matter what they say, they are hard-assed business people and they have shown that they are not afraid to sack people. Let's hope they don't wait too long!

He should be out the door by now tony, his record is shocking and he'll NEVER manage to turn this around.

The meeting is about dissaffected fans wanting to meet the owners to air the concerns of the majority - who are very worried indeed about the direction the club is headed. Not to have a debate with the owners and fans with opposing views.

If a group of pro kean, pro venkys fans want representation, they could always organise their own meeting. I am sure that would be a whole lot easier to organise......

And any anti feelings towards venkys is completely irrelevant. The main issue is the current plight the club is in and the immediate concern is the football side of things and is most likely all that will be discussed..

They aren't selling up in a hurry but do have their faults, which at the moment are a secondary concern to the league position/form/performances/Keans stewardship etc.. imho.

People have got to stop saying things like that as if we can rest on our laurels and rely on Kean to get himself the sack based on results! If that was the case would the Walrus of Chicken really describe him as a "brilliant manager"?

Like I said elsewhere, the owners have invested their faith in Kean and whatever you say, you will not change their minds. Only results will affect their thinking.

Yes, it's called blind faith and,as demonstrated,can be a dangerous,reckless thing to pursue.

If he remains a 'brilliant manager' after the results to date,well,it doesn't really bode well Tony does it!!

:unsure:

Your attitude is a bit bewildering tony. So because they are intransigent we must all shut up and wait for them to come around to some sort of realisation that they got it wrong? Helping them get to that point a bit quicker might just be a good thing don't you think?

No - everyone is entitled to protest as much as they want. A fine British tradition. I just think that the performance on the pitch is obvious to everyone and the crowds reaction on match day says it all really. I think it was the Man U game that did for Sam in fact.

He should be out the door by now tony, his record is shocking and he'll NEVER manage to turn this around.

I don't disagree.

The meeting is about dissaffected fans wanting to meet the owners to air the concerns of the majority - who are very worried indeed about the direction the club is headed. Not to have a debate with the owners and fans with opposing views.

I didn't read this bit. Are you sure? Kamy is a board representative isn't he?

If he remains a 'brilliant manager' after the results to date,well,it doesn't really bode well Tony does it!!

:unsure:

Agreed.

Archived