BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Although I don't agree with what she said, she is, like everybody else, entitled to her opinion.

When that opinion is so ludicrous and out of touch with reality and broadcasting that opinion on television is potentially very damaging as a representation of what Rovers fans think, she would be well advised to think before she speaks next time.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

My main complaint under the Trust was that they didn't push the commercial side of things to increase revenue, we had William's son running the commercial side of things whereas clubs like Fulham, Everton etc had men in with international experience of running a brand.

In this aspect, I applaud Venkys in what they are doing with the trip to India and all the hype built up over there. Watching that news report it is good to see the local fans really getting excited about watching the Rovers. Whether or not it will be a profitable avenue to go down only time will tell -but at least we're giving it a go which is more than the Trust did.

That said, they are verging on negligence with the way they are supporting Kean. He is clearly out of his depth and a complete clown and needs to go. Get things right on the pitch and the club will look like its moving forwards.

When that opinion is so ludicrous and out of touch with reality and broadcasting that opinion on television is potentially very damaging as a representation of what Rovers fans think, she would be well advised to think before she speaks next time.

I agree. With all the constant mickey taking from the media her statement is ridiculous,which in turn ridicules the club even more. A very silly statement indeed.

My main complaint under the Trust was that they didn't push the commercial side of things to increase revenue, we had William's son running the commercial side of things whereas clubs like Fulham, Everton etc had men in with international experience of running a brand.

In this aspect, I applaud Venkys in what they are doing with the trip to India and all the hype built up over there. Watching that news report it is good to see the local fans really getting excited about watching the Rovers. Whether or not it will be a profitable avenue to go down only time will tell -but at least we're giving it a go which is more than the Trust did.

That said, they are verging on negligence with the way they are supporting Kean. He is clearly out of his depth and a complete clown and needs to go. Get things right on the pitch and the club will look like its moving forwards.

We're doing everything the wrong way round though. Had we been comfortably mid-table, with a competent manager in charge, I doubt many people would have much issue with the players/fans going to Pune to see what's happening over there and to meet the owners, trying to get more overseas fans etc.

However that isn't the situation we're in. Instead we've gone out there when the club is in such a mess, both on and off the field, but rather than accept any kind of responsibility for it Kean and the Venky's are just over the moon that we've beaten the equivalent of a division 8 side 3-0 in a meaningless game, coming out with ridiculous comments (for a change) about how everything is just down to bad luck and that he's a brilliant manager.

Gaining a few fans in India is going to be inconsequential when through their incompetence we're playing in the championship next season.

Update from Pune

Posted on October 8, 2011 by fansforum

This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.

This covered subjects both on and off the field and included sharing the outcome of recent online polls.

We also heard about exciting plans for the Rovers brand in India and look forward to these plans developing and coming to fruition.

We are confident that the content of this meeting and the opinions which were expressed will be relayed directly to the owners.

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings.

We will be travelling back to Blackburn tomorrow (arriving on Monday) and will provide any further update when we return.

Hmm I wouldnt say that's particularly good news at all.

One of the owners representatives? That could literally mean anyone. Why can't the owners devote a bit of their time into having a chat with the fans?

They follow online discussion? Then why do they tell us that only a minority want Kean to be removed? If they really do follow online discussion then I can't see that our members of the FF (or anyone else for that matter) could tell them anything they hadn't read already.

Also, a little sad they're being sucked in by the developing the BRFC brand in India rubbish that Venky's are peddling.

Success on the pitch needs to come before anything when it comes to developing the Rovers brand, be it in England, India or anywhere else.

Update from Pune

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings.

How does Balaji Rao think that thousands of emails are generated by a handful of fans then?

Sounds like more spin to me!

I've met 2 of those, and couldnt argue with that list at all.

All will put forward different points. Although it could be argued that somebody like Birdy who has been running a supporters club for years, puts in the miles and is actually here on his own expense should be considered.

Thats rubbish. Please Kamy if you have made inroads do not waste any opportunity. This is no time for jolly terracey chumming up. The pathetic Pune 9 debacle proves that beyond any shadow of a doubt. Under no circumstance should that fiasco be repeated! This issue is bigger than a footballing matter. Each of the 3 should be professional and experienced businessmen, accountants or corporate lawyers. They should be as fully briefed as possible and if there is any spare room around the table then PhilipL and Marple Leaf should go along too. I don't hesitate in suggesting that the FA and Prem should be kept fully informed too.

One thing that is important is to make the football and the choice of manager a side issue. It is a triviality in the gretaer scheme of things and is precisely the point where so many are going wrong. To use a football term it's time to think outside the box. Venkeys and Kentaro etc are not here for BRFC at all, lets forget that from here forward, they are here simply to make money and BRFC is simply the vehicle that they are using. They will bleed it dry and walk away leaving a car crash which is likley to prove terminal to the club itself.

btw I re-read the 1st 20 pages of this thread this morning and it's almost pitiful how gullible people are and how easily they can be misled. There should be many many red faces around right now. Credit to the likes of Jisty, mark1875, den, thenodrog SAR etc for seeing the wood and not the trees right from the start.

But choose to ignore it all and continue to back Kean anyway. Useful.

There is no way the owners themselves would meet with fans - they don't understand football and they wouldn't be able to answer, properly, any questions.

Some of the questions we are posing, they are simply no answers they could give without them looking/sounding completely stupid (again) - Venkys would not be able to debate any of the issues raised in detail.

But choose to ignore it all and continue to back Kean anyway. Useful.

"and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings"

This element [the internet fans] being the few fans who are generating emails and are generally causing problems. This is what they think Clare.

Also if I can get this meeting organised then the three fans I would like to nominate to attend this meeting would be Glen Mullan (simply because he deserves to after all the protests he has organised), Parsonblue and Paul. At a open and honest meeting then these three in my opinion would put across fans views in the best manner.

They are all staunchly anti-Venky if that's what you mean. They are less representative of the whole range of fans than the Pune 9 in my opinion.

Well it's something I suppose... but no, like we expected they never did get to spend even an hour in the company of the owners (apart from getting Venkatash's autograph, of course).

Patted on the head and sent on your way by a minion. If this was going to be the centrepeice of your triumphant return, then more fool you.

Also if I can get this meeting organised then the three fans I would like to nominate to attend this meeting would be Glen Mullan (simply because he deserves to after all the protests he has organised), Parsonblue and Paul. At a open and honest meeting then these three in my opinion would put across fans views in the best manner.

Or simply we can just send Abbey, he'll sort them out within 10 minutes!

Just a suggestion, you need some one like Jack Sraw there.

Update from Pune

Posted on October 8, 2011 by fansforum

This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.

This covered subjects both on and off the field and included sharing the outcome of recent online polls.

We also heard about exciting plans for the Rovers brand in India and look forward to these plans developing and coming to fruition.

We are confident that the content of this meeting and the opinions which were expressed will be relayed directly to the owners.

We will be travelling back to Blackburn tomorrow (arriving on Monday) and will provide any further update when we return.

Sorry to be cynical but the words that readily come to mind are 'paying lip service', 'spin' and 'mistruths'.

The fact that neither Rao brother nor Mrs D could find just one hour in almost a week to discuss fans' real concerns with the nine of you is, IMV, an absolute feckin disgrace.

It merely confirms, IMO, that Venky's don't give a sh1t about the supporters.

I hope that the Pune 9 are as quick to join the protests at the Tottenham match - at least that will give them a REAL opportunity to make their voices heard and perhaps make a difference.

Sorry to be cynical but the words that readily come to mind are 'paying lip service', 'spin' and 'mistruths'.

The fact that neither Rao brother nor Mrs D could find one hour in almost a week to discuss fans' real concerns with the nine of you is, IMV, an absolute feckin disgrace.

It merely confirms, IMO, that Venky's don't give a sh1t about the supporters.

I hope that the Pune 9 are as quick to join the protests at the Tottenham match - at least that will give you a REAL opportunity to make your voices heard and perhaps make a difference.

They may have already been blinded by the brand plans in India, after all some people will be needed to support it

Archived