BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Wait till next home game because i can see it being a lot worst than what it has already been because of the recent article by venkys

There has got to be a huge demonstration (chanting) against Kean. The Venkys are taking the P1ss. If that does not work there has to be a boycott in spite of the fact that we have already paid for our season tickets.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There has got to be a huge demonstration (chanting) against Kean. The Venkys are taking the P1ss. If that does not work there has to be a boycott in spite of the fact that we have already paid for our season tickets.

worst thing is i hope things stay against kean at the moment because people will twist it tooooo much if half of people chanting venkys out and same for kean.

So we have to all say next home game will be against kean and that's it and not about venkys. leave that to get afterwards

As someone who knows both roversmum and Julie, I find the mob mentality which appears to be creeping in quite worrying. I know that roversmum and roversdad are both genuine in their belief that Venky's are decent people who will be good for the club. Whilst I might disagree with that view, they are perfectly entitled to hold that opinion. Indeed, their opinion is every bit as valid as those organising demonstrations against the manager. It's time people accepted that not everybody has the same opinions on this matter. I know a number of Rovers supporters who don't frequent messageboards but who are prepared to give the manager more time. Others I know don't blame the manager as much as the owners.

The Pune9, as they have been called, are perfectly entitled to enjoy their trip to India without the barbed comments which seem to be coming their way. Ultimately, they did not go to India as representatives of the fans. They went as members of the Fans Forum which is not an elected body and in no way pretends to represent the views of supporters. It is a group of supporters who discuss non-footballing issues with the club and the club have often acted upon matters discussed at these meetings which has benefited fans in general. At the end of the day the nine people who have gone to Pune represent no opinions but their own. Just as the fanbase holds different opinions on the present situation, I suspect that those in Pune have different opinions - and nothing wrong in that as football is a game of opinions.

Personally, I find the vitriol that is being spewed out against fellow supporters, simply because they hold a different opinion to those organising protests, every bit as threatening to the future of the club as the mismanagement of Venky's and Steve Kean.

Whilst I agree that each person is entitled to his and her opinion, and that the FF members in Pune represent no-one other than their own opinions (which I said before they went), I think the issue here is that what we are hearing here in the UK is nothing but the tiny majority of views.

Frankly, the manner in which Kean especially and Venkys in supporting him are lying to the fans (we never mentioned champions league) is an absolute embarassment to themselves, and contemptuous of the intelligence of the rest of us Rovers fans. The fact of being told to be patient, to keep faith, to say we are unlucky, then to claim we have a brilliant manager insults the intelligence of every single Rovers fan. Whilst that may work with employees who depend on them for their income, and therefore have to basically comply - it does not wash with the vast majority of Rovers fans.

The fact that fan is turning against fan is entirely down to Venkys.

Again the only think I ask of the Pune 9 is that they request that Venkys hold a open meeting with fans at Ewood, so we can ask questions and represent ourselves.

Roversmum is a Tory voter so her judgment was always questionable. If she is happy to doff her cap to her employer she must be kissing the feet of the Rovers owners. From what I hear and read this trip is turning out even worse than feared. It is strange that some of the Pune 9 seem reasonably intelligent yet have allowed themselves to be used as PR pawns by Venky's. That is, unless then can prove otherwise ...................

As someone who knows both roversmum and Julie, I find the mob mentality which appears to be creeping in quite worrying. I know that roversmum and roversdad are both genuine in their belief that Venky's are decent people who will be good for the club. Whilst I might disagree with that view, they are perfectly entitled to hold that opinion. Indeed, their opinion is every bit as valid as those organising demonstrations against the manager. It's time people accepted that not everybody has the same opinions on this matter. I know a number of Rovers supporters who don't frequent messageboards but who are prepared to give the manager more time. Others I know don't blame the manager as much as the owners.

The Pune9, as they have been called, are perfectly entitled to enjoy their trip to India without the barbed comments which seem to be coming their way. Ultimately, they did not go to India as representatives of the fans. They went as members of the Fans Forum which is not an elected body and in no way pretends to represent the views of supporters. It is a group of supporters who discuss non-footballing issues with the club and the club have often acted upon matters discussed at these meetings which has benefited fans in general. At the end of the day the nine people who have gone to Pune represent no opinions but their own. Just as the fanbase holds different opinions on the present situation, I suspect that those in Pune have different opinions - and nothing wrong in that as football is a game of opinions.

Personally, I find the vitriol that is being spewed out against fellow supporters, simply because they hold a different opinion to those organising protests, every bit as threatening to the future of the club as the mismanagement of Venky's and Steve Kean.

Just about the best post I've read in awhile. The last bit is spot on.

Sorry but the last bit was not spot on at all. It was total rubbish.

People (rightly IMO) criticising other fans for claiming on television Rovers can win the PL under Venky's (an UTTERLY ridiculous statement) and thus giving a false projection of fans' attitudes towards the current ownership is not anywhere near as damaging as the mismanagement of Venky's and Kean.

I agree that some of the more vitriolic comments shouldnt have been said, but I think some of the criticism is justified.

start a fight and run away eh?

I hope she chokes on a bhajji , stupid traitorous bint! There's no flaming hope is there ! We are shagged and that's that !

Let me get this straight Dunny gives his opinion on the fan protests and you plus many other fans are outrgaged because "Dunny Slags Fans ."

A fellow supporter holds a different point of view to you so we now have "ABBEY Slags Fans"

Can you explain what gives you the right to slag off your fellow supporters yet be outraged when Dunn does, in your view, exactly the same thing?

The attitude expressed towards their fellow supporters by a number of people on here is appalling.

Didn't you start another thread complaining about someone having a go at you in the BBE?

How does this work then?

Always enjoy your posts Parson, but I can't agree with the above.

Rovers fans having blazing rows on messageboards is in no way comparable to the antics of Kean and the owners. We are in a position of weakness with seemingly no influence and much frustration is pouring out.

The fanbase is currently more united than it has been since the time of Mark Hughes, but arguments will occur.

Also, the FF IS supposed to represent the views of the fanbase- ie unreserved seating in the DE was a fan idea put forward via the FF.

Before they departed for Pune they made clear given the chance they would put our views across- I don't recall them saying 'I'm going as an individual and not a representative'.

And of course why would the media assume that the 'Blackburn Rovers Fans Forum' was not a forum for the fans?

Roversmum is a Tory voter so her judgment was always questionable. If she is happy to doff her cap to her employer she must be kissing the feet of the Rovers owners. From what I hear and read this trip is turning out even worse than feared. It is strange that some of the Pune 9 seem reasonably intelligent yet have allowed themselves to be used as PR pawns by Venky's. That is, unless then can prove otherwise ...................

You really are a very unpleasant person aren't you?

Let me get this straight Dunny gives his opinion on the fan protests and you plus many other fans are outrgaged because "Dunny Slags Fans ."

A fellow supporter holds a different point of view to you so we now have "ABBEY Slags Fans"

Can you explain what gives you the right to slag off your fellow supporters yet be outraged when Dunn does, in your view, exactly the same thing?

The attitude expressed towards their fellow supporters by a number of people on here is appalling.

Didn't you start another thread complaining about someone having a go at you in the BBE?

How does this work then?

It's the new version of "I'm a better fan than you because".

Previously the basis has been topics such as money spent, matches attended, years following, proximity to Ewood, how loud you sing, how much you stand up, and even how many times you've been hit over the head by a brick.

Now the best fans are the ones who "HATE" Kean the most. If you can "HATE" Venkys its an added bonus.

Whilst most seem to agree that the views of the Pune 9 (or 10 or 11 or however many there are) are not representative, and they are not elected spokespeople, the Venkys most probably think they are, which will only reinforce their deluded views that all is well at Ewood.

To be fair Bill, Venkys have been given a bit of a free pass with a majority of fans for a long time, their stubborness with Kean gas tipped the balance.

I have no issue with fans having issues with manager or owners (although "HATE" is a horrid word and banded about too freely).

What I do have an issue with is fan slamming fan with a venom for having a different perspective to them. It's always been there, but it is now beyond belief.

Also, the FF IS supposed to represent the views of the fanbase- ie unreserved seating in the DE was a fan idea put forward via the FF.

Before they departed for Pune they made clear given the chance they would put our views across- I don't recall them saying 'I'm going as an individual and not a representative'.

And of course why would the media assume that the 'Blackburn Rovers Fans Forum' was not a forum for the fans?

Absolutely Matty.

To say they're over in Pune as individuals, having been selected because they sit on the group, it doesn't stack up for me.

I'm disappointed that not 1 of the members boycotted the trip, this seems a strange concept to many I agree, free trip to India and all that, but I can say with 100% certainty, I'd have declined the invite and in a very public way, maybe not right away, but after some thought and having talked to fans about the offer.

Its easy being wise after the fact, but to have boycotted the trip does now seem to have been the best option on the face of things.

It's the new version of "I'm a better fan than you because".

Previously the basis has been topics such as money spent, matches attended, years following, proximity to Ewood, how loud you sing, how much you stand up, and even how many times you've been hit over the head by a brick.

Now the best fans are the ones who "HATE" Kean the most. If you can "HATE" Venkys its an added bonus.

Ah yes I'd forgotten about that competition.

I'm off now I've had enough of reading the bile and vitriol directed at our friends and fellow fans who've gone to India.

They may have expected some criticism, even s bit of the name calling etc. but the level of abuse on here from some who claim to be fellow supporters us disgusting.

I've never believed the FF should have gone to India to represent us but I've supported the individuals for having the courage to do something while others stay at home doing nothing and accusing them of selling out.

They are all decent people trying to make a difference. While others rant away at their keyboards doing nothing but write abuse.

Finished with this for a while.

Absolutely Matty.

To say they're over in Pune as individuals, having been selected because they sit on the group doesn't stack up for me.

I'm disappointed that not 1 of the members boycotted the trip, this seems a strange concept to many I agree, free trip to India and all that, but I can say with 100% certainty, I'd have declined the invite and in a very public way, maybe not right away, but after some thought and having talked to fans about the offer.

Its easy being wise after the fact, but to have boycotted the trip does now seem to have been the best option on the face of things.

Well we all seem to be singing from the same hymn-sheet these days Gav! The media don't say "a group of Rovers fans who are members of the Fans Forum are in India at the invitation of the owners. They are not representing any other Rovers fans".

They say "a group of Rovers fans etc". They are chosen from Rovers fans because they are believed to be representative---otherwise it makes no sense.

So, cut the crap, get on with it and say what needs saying, on behalf of us all.

Oh dear. This thread is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Start a fight and run away? Did someone really post that? This isn't school. Kammy if you do go to India can you take parsonblue with you please!

Ps sentinent if I don't reply it's because I'm in London for the weekend not because I'm starting a fight and running away.

"However, ask them about the team’s performance and their manager, they seem a little angry.

“Yes, we were angry and wanted the manager to leave for the poor show against Manchester City,” was the only reaction one could get.

There are a few fans, who have been following the side for over decades and despite their outrage, they are confident about the team’s performance in upcoming matches. “This is just the beginning of the season and talking about relegation is too early. We are sure that our team will make a comeback,” Pegden said.

Talking about the club owners, he said, “Initially, there was a feeling that the Ewood Park is chickened out. But that has become a history. Venkys have done a lot for the club and we are happy about them.”"

My link

“For a lot of fans back home, a lot of the anger is caused by not knowing the intention of the owners. There hasn’t been a great deal of interaction between owners and the club. From our point of view, we hope to still have that dialogue,” Neil Duckworth, one of the fans who has been invited by Venkys to discuss the way forward for the club, was quoted as saying by a football website.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_blackburn-rovers-flying-on-chicken-wings_1596258

Sorry, but I find accepting free hospitality and fraternising with people who are sending our club down the drain utterly inexcusable. And for Julie (who I gather is not the same person as roversmum) to come out with that bullshit about winning the PL is beyond comprehension.

It's not a point of view anymore as to whether Venky's are good for the club or not. It's not just an opinion. That stage has already passed. They ARE in the process of damaging our club beyond repair. To become neutral for the club, let alone good for the club, it will require a huge force akin to turning round a giant ocean liner. That force will not be generated by lapping up hospitality by Venky's. That will drive the Venky's PR machine, make things worse and make it appear like things are okay and that us fans are happy with the way things are going.

Accepting Venky's hospitality and consistently speaking out in favour of Venky's is IMO inexcusable at this stage (though maybe not say a month or two ago), as is going on television to claim we could win the PL under Venky's, something so outlandish and ridiculous it's impossible to imagine that Julie might genuinely believe that.

Fair enough TGM that is your opinion and I respect all opinions. Now please tell me how we find new owners? The Trust took the best part of five years and all they could come up with is Venky's. I assume you have a masterplan for coming up with new owners who will maintain the sort of club that we all want to see.

You really are a very unpleasant person aren't you?

No - just your average fan who wants the best for my club. There's alot of sanctimonious rubbish being posted on here at present in defence of the Pune 9 but even you must be able to see they are being used by Venky's to project a false image of their disastrous tenure.

Archived