BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

But choose to ignore it all and continue to back Kean anyway. Useful.

Venkys continue to make it clear that they are prepared to back their original judgement as far as the manager is concerned. They earned that right when they bought the club no matter what we think or say. They can't ignore results for ever though - if Kean doesn't turn it around in the next few games I think he will be gone.

Venkys continue to make it clear that they are prepared to back their original judgement as far as the manager is concerned. They earned that right when they bought the club no matter what we think or say.

No they didn't. When they bought the club they gave their pledge to run the club in a certain manner and to uphold the honour of Jack.

They are doing the exact opposite and so as it stands bought the club under false pretences.

They are all staunchly anti-Venky if that's what you mean. They are less representative of the whole range of fans than the Pune 9 in my opinion.

Have I missed something?? The meeting Kamy is trying to organise isn't supposed to be to tell the owners that we are happy with things. It is to sit down and talk about the concerns of the vast majority.

Imho Glen is the best person to be at any such meeting.

• Backroom

Can't believe not even one of the owners could find half an hour to spend with the FF discussing their views. Instead they send a "representative".

Says a lot about their perception of the fans. We don't matter.

Having now got a better understanding of how things work, I'd like to think the group actually spoke to the best possible person. There is a reasonable chance we'll meet Balaji this evening, but I think the real work has been done this afternoon. I suppose the analogy is, if your train is late, is Richard Branson really the bloke to fix it?

It's hard to elaborate, for fear of the Indian press twisting it, so it's probably best we don't for now.

I'm trying to sum up without using the word "Postive", but it certainly is.

No they didn't. When they bought the club they gave their pledge to run the club in a certain manner and to uphold the honour of Jack.

They are doing the exact opposite and so as it stands bought the club under false pretences.

The problem is that they think they are doing what they promised to do. We are all one big happy family don't you know? I'm sure if they had broken any of their contractual obligations someone would have taken them to court???

Can't believe not even one of the owners could find half an hour to spend with the FF discussing their views. Instead they send a "representative".

Says a lot about their perception of the fans. We don't matter.

Exactly DE4life, truly astounding in my book that they cannot find even 30 minutes to meet the people who have flown thousands of miles at their expense.

Sending an errand boy doesn’t cut it Venkys, and an errand boy that only represents one of the brothers, what a farce.

Someone give Abbey a ticket quick. Then if this meeting with Barry White happens, and it doesn't go well, we can open a door and let him loose after some duty free at the airport :D.

I really hope you guys get what you went for, and I for one won't give you abuse if nothing happens.

Having now got a better understanding of how things work, I'd like to think the group actually spoke to the best possible person. There is a reasonable chance we'll meet Balaji this evening, but I think the real work has been done this afternoon. I suppose the analogy is, if your train is late, is Richard Branson really the bloke to fix it?

It's hard to elaborate, for fear of the Indian press twisting it, so it's probably best we don't for now.

Anything that involves Steve Kean as manager isn't positive Glenn, and whilst Venkys may well have big plans, they could also be telling you the same lies they've told us all for the past 12 months.

You can't win on this one Glenn, dammed if you do, dammed if you don't.

The problem is that they think they are doing what they promised to do. We are all one big happy family don't you know? I'm sure if they had broken any of their contractual obligations someone would have taken them to court???

How could they think that when they gave a specific undertaking to maintain the conintuity of the management structure of the club, yet have binned anyone who isn't a nodding jack-ass?

'Positive' in that the FF (the sane ones) have finally got some things off their chest, lines of communications open and all that, but unless it leads to Kean's removal, it isn't positive for BRFC at all.

What do you think the percentages are Tony - and why?

Well according to the poll, 59.3% are anti-Venky. And this board attracts people who want to vent and repels people who want to debate hence the numbers are skewed. All in my humble opinion of course.

Just in case anyone has forgotten, this was brilliantly dug-out by American Rover from the Fans Forum constitution:

ROVERS' Fans Forum represents the interests of all Rovers' followers and is drawn from a wide spectrum of fans' organisations and backgrounds.

Please just think about this for a moment!

from Pugg ...

Oh dear. This thread is leaving a very bad taste in my mouth. Start a fight and run away? Did someone really post that? This isn't school. Kammy if you do go to India can you take parsonblue with you please!

Ps sentinent if I don't reply it's because I'm in London for the weekend not because I'm starting a fight and running away.

My post wasn't a request for people to "start a fight and run away" but rather an observation that many people seem to be good at pointing out faults but then reluctant to see things through. At the time I was (obviously not very clearly!) trying to say that now is not the time to get all empathetic (is that a real word?) - we need to show real resolve and demonstrate to Vs that we will do WHATEVER it takes to get our club back! We will not be taken for a ride any longer.

Bryan said the following with regards to the 9 ...

But I think they're getting tucked up rather nicely.

It was obvious really and plenty pointed it out very loudly well before they went. Sad times but the freebie holiday was obviously too much for some to turn down. Very sad times indeed.

Yoda ...

You underestimate ABBEY, I would give him 2 minutes and more power to him

I agree. He may be from the town that everyone just passes through but he has the sort of passion for BRFC that the Vs need to understand if they are ever to get a grip with football in england and blackburn (yeah right!). Kamy, sign him up!

from meeting with the Vs lackey ...

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings.

Was this the lackey's wording or the 9s? obviously the web forums are just another 1% of the supporter base - so they've got 98% who continue to be happy with our ongoing success. Now where is that lady luck ...?

Yoda ...

Just a suggestion, you need some one like Jack Sraw there.

nah, he'd probably just offer them asylum. I wish that they would put themselves into the asylum. They now own brockhall after all ... how's it go?

The pooooonatics have taaaken over the asylum!

Well there is one good thing to come out of this sorry debacle. At least now even the long-time waverers have had their eyes opened as to the true intent and motives of the Vs. The Vs must be targetted from this point forward. The only thing that could influence them is to massively embarass them with protests before during and after matches - expose their pathetic methods for what they are. Crass parsimonious fraudsters who have betrayed promise after promise. They are deserving of nothing but contempt. :angry2:

Well according to the poll, 59.3% are anti-Venky. And this board attracts people who want to vent and repels people who want to debate hence the numbers are skewed. All in my humble opinion of course.

Very true, you've got to keep at it though tonyoz :wacko:

How could they think that when they gave a specific undertaking to maintain the conintuity of the management structure of the club, yet have binned anyone who isn't a nodding jack-ass?

But what was the legal basis of that undertaking? If there wasn't one, it means jack. I really think that they think they are maintaining the chummy, family, Hovis character of the club.

This trip was flawed from the start because Venkys funded it. How can any of the 9 not feel somewhat beholden to Venkys after they laid on everything on for them? My idea would be to invite The Threesome to a Question and Answers session in the King Georges Hall -I'm sure we could all chip in to pay for the Flight over and a nights stay in The Islington. Even though we are only a tiny 1 % it would still be worth it...

This trip was flawed from the start because Venkys funded it. How can any of the 9 not feel somewhat beholden to Venkys after they laid on everything on for them? My idea would be to invite The Threesome to a Question and Answers session in the King Georges Hall -I'm sure we could all chip in to pay for the Flight over and a nights stay in The Islington. Even though we are only a tiny 1 % it would still be worth it...

I'd be too tempted to throw rocks at this stage.

But what was the legal basis of that undertaking? If there wasn't one, it means jack. I really think that they think they are maintaining the chummy, family, Hovis character of the club.

Wasn't the offer document to the minority shareholders a legal undertaking, or are they allowed to lie about their intentions in a share buy out offer - in order to persuade fans of their intentions?

It's like when Kean, back in January, said that players will want to stay/join the club when they are aware of these "exciting plans" for the club.

Venkys and Kean talk bull*hit.

And the employment of an assistant manager who would make the football world sit up and take notice, Jenson!!!!!

Wasn't the offer document to the minority shareholders a legal undertaking, or are they allowed to lie about their intentions in a share buy out offer - in order to persuade fans of their intentions?

Yes it was and that IMO is Fraud :angry:

I dunno den but if it was a legal undertaking that they have failed to uphold, then anyone on here can sue their asses. Any takers?

Jack Straw would be a decent shout. Has anyone contacted him about the current crisis?

I was going to see him last time in England, but some one did not give me the info I asked for, next time in England (probably January) I will go and see him anyway, unless some one wants to get there 1st.

Make no mistake if Jack Straw thinks there has been wrong done he will take up the case as it is in Blackburn.

If he had something to work on he would do it

Archived