SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Who on earth are these 2 from Nicko's article

"Meanwhile, Rovers are ready to put a couple of ‘fans’ on the board. Ian Currie and Ian Battersby were flown out to meet chicken magnates Venky’s in Pune to discuss the plan."

Please don't tell me they were the 'fans' doing the radio Q&A with Kean a couple of months ago...

Rovers fans revolt but Kean gets backing of staff and players

http://www.people.co...02039-23475561/

One Indian source revealed that Venkatesh Rao, brother Balaji Rao and sister Anuradha Desai, who co-own the club via Venky’s, are determined to back Kean because sacking him would show they made a mistake in dumping Sam Allardyce.

Read and weep.

One Indian source revealed that Venkatesh Rao, brother Balaji Rao and sister Anuradha Desai, who co-own the club via Venky’s, are determined to back Kean because sacking him would show they made a mistake in dumping Sam Allardyce.

All it takes is appointing mark Hughes.

I'm sure majority of fans will give a lot more time and respite.

Read and weep.

Read and weep.

well if that is the reason they won't sack him they are nothing short of an absolute disgrace!!!!

however i do acknowledge this is probably only the opinion of the writer

"Meanwhile, Rovers are ready to put a couple of ‘fans’ on the board. Ian Currie and Ian Battersby were flown out to meet chicken magnates Venky’s in Pune to discuss the plan."

Please don't tell me they were the 'fans' doing the radio Q&A with Kean a couple of months ago...

he was Radio Lancashire a couple of times when kean has been in the studio answering questions.

The truth is it was a MASSIVE MISTAKE sacking Sam Allardyce and replacing him with Kean!!!

You don't replace an experience manager with a novice manager. just doesn't make any sense at all!!!

Message to the owners is:- Just correct your mistake in appointing Kean, sack him now and repalce him with a Proven PL experience manager!!!

For me the Venkys sending a representatibe is just another way of avoiding and denying reality.

Maybe the Rao's and Mrs D are too embarrassed to face reality and be proven wrong.

Bottom line you got it wrong, you ###### up, you ###### in the conflakes.

Venkys will learn football is cruel, we know we have seen it.

"One Indian source revealed that Venkatesh Rao, brother Balaji Rao and sister Anuradha Desai, who co-own the club via Venky’s, are determined to back Kean because sacking him would show they made a mistake in dumping Sam Allardyce"

We can take a positive from this lol. According to the source they are aware that appointing Steve Kean hasn't worked out (very much a positive), but are prepared to take a huge gamble in a futile attempt to save face (much like Steve Kean they aren't learning from a positive)

Continuing to back him is, in my book, worse than the decision to sack Sam and the only result will be them losing face with us - the fans (as has started already). Kean has had long enough to justify being made manager and that decision has not worked, plain and simple.

• Backroom

Read and weep.

Hmmm... for me it's less logical for them to keep Kean in place than sack him, even in terms of reputation. Anybody remotely interested in football knows sacking Allardyce and appointing Kean was a shocking mistake. If anything Venky's look more stupid for being so stubborn and refusing to admit their mistake. It could be a cultural thing, and they're not used to ever holding up their hands and saying "well, we got this one wrong"... but at the end of the day those judging them will be based over here, and they'd gain a lot more respect from both the fanbase and the wider footballing community of they got rid of the wide-eyed, nonsense-talking yes-man and hired a real manager.

he was Radio Lancashire a couple of times when kean has been in the studio answering questions.

In that case Venkys are putting another puppet on the board as his questioning of Kean/Venkys at the time was weak beyond belief.

A 'fan on the board' should be elected by the fans - perhaps via the soon to be official trust.

:rover: well i,ve tried to make sense of this trip,the ff members did not meet any of the venksters,just had a chat to a guy who cleans the cars of barry white.many posters were against the ff members going saying it was a publicity stunt for venkys,well you have been sewn up like kippers, i hope you enjoyed your few days in pune and the trip has made you realise what venkys are really all about.CHEEP CHEEP CHEEP :rolleyes::brfcsmilie:

As you haven't a clue who these people are you might try being respectful. Ian C is not a "fan" " and most definitely a true Blackburn Rovers supporter. I don't know the other person.

Personally I've been hoping Ian Currie's name would come up for months, there are several people on here who will confirm I've talked about this privately.

Ian is a successful stockbroker, lives locally, the whole family are die-hard Rovers fans, he has a background in finance. They can be found at every home game and frequently away.

For me this is the best news since the Rao family bought the club. Far, far more important than anything else we have heard. If the Raos couldn't meet the FF because they were busy talking to these guys I'm happy.

"Meanwhile, Rovers are ready to put a couple of 'fans' on the board. Ian Currie and Ian Battersby were flown out to meet chicken magnates Venky's in Pune to discuss the plan."

We had those two names given to us by a business contact of mine before I came out to Pune (and a couple of people confirmed they'd heard the same) and they were indeed in Pune (I believe they travelled independently), in fact we've chatted with them a couple of times.

If the place on the board rumour is true (and I have no clue at all if it is) then these are very much board members that happen to fans rather than a Man City style "token fan on the board". That's not to say they're not fans, they most definitely are, long term and dedicated, but make no mistake, if true, they are board member material first and foremost.

Anyway, I suppose I/we should get around to writing up yesterday's events.

Battersby was the bloke who gave Kean the easiest of rides on Radio Lancs.

Thanks fir the explanation on the other bloke Paul, however this doesn't sit well with me, where is the representation? Where is the vote?

Like the 9 to Pune says a lot about the way the Rao's go about things

was this said directly to the owners or via their representatives?

and if you have done this Tom, then you have done all you can. however i expect Venky's to refuse to listen and continue to allow us to steamroll out of control but then that is their fault and the responsibility should not lie at the door of the people who travelled and made the points which was asked of them.

have a safe journey home, all of you

To put it simply it was put to representatives, and then followed up with a second meeting and then we met Balaji and put it to him.

I'm not going to go into massive detail yet, but the night ended with Balaji taking photographs of Birdys rovers tattoos, offering to go to Birdys House to look around all the Rovers memorabilia, and pay for his independent trip.

As you haven't a clue who these people are you might try being respectful. Ian C is not a "fan" " and most definitely a true Blackburn Rovers supporter. I don't know the other person.

Personally I've been hoping Ian Currie's name would come up for months, there are several people on here who will confirm I've talked about this privately.

Ian is a successful stockbroker, lives locally, the whole family are die-hard Rovers fans, he has a background in finance. They can be found at every home game and frequently away.

For me this is the best news since the Rao family bought the club. Far, far more important than anything else we have heard. If the Raos couldn't meet the FF because they were busy talking to these guys I'm happy.

I for one can confirm this. Early this year if my memory serves me correctly. Ian Currie would be good to have at Rovers. I do not know anything about the other bloke.

Assuming this isn't more BS, couldn't they have done both? Did they need to arrange meetings at the same time?

You also assume that the fan on the board idea is more than just another PR stunt, and they will actually have a say. Does this now mean the FF is no longer required?

I will start feeling hopeful when they start to follow through on their words. (That's hopeful rather than confident).

I'm not criticising or having a go at Ian Currie but as it seems that you know him can you explain the 'former Bolton director' quote in more detail please?

UNDER-FIRE Blackburn boss Steve Kean has been given a vote of confidence by the club’s owners and senior players – despite open revolt among the fans. Kean’s days looked numbered after the supporters turned on him in ugly scenes before, during and after the 4-0 home drubbing by Manchester City. But Rovers insiders on the club’s ‘bonding’ trip to India reveal that senior stars have decided to back the boss and owners Venky’s.

A long arranged visit to Pune has now become titled a 'bonding' trip between Owners, Managment and Players. Kean will be be calling it 'Positive bondng'. I suggest that some points quickly would help with 'bonding' with the supporters.

The siege mentality will be tested in the coming weeks, with a protest being planned for the next home game against Tottenham.

Correct - the spirit of the supporters will not be broken by more false promises by Venkys

Typical - Rovers are made to suffer by the Asian 'Loss of Face' syndrome

Yet within the Rovers set-up there have been dissenting voices and names such as Martin O’Neill, Mark Hughes, Dave Jones and Ole Gunnar Solskjaer have been discussed.

Some reasonably POSITIVE news if all in the Rovers party are not simple Venky serfs.

Meanwhile, Rovers are ready to put a couple of ‘fans’ on the board. Ian Currie and Ian Battersby were flown out to meet chicken magnates Venky’s in Pune to discuss the plan.

I do not know anything about these gentleman but if they are successful businessmen and also Rovers fans it looks like a POSITIVE thing. The papers will have a field day with the names..................

Matty representation and a vote is unlikely, IMV, to happen in the sense you mean. Representing the fans is actually the FF's job, electing a board member is only likely to happen if a trust or ISA gets off the ground. Having seen and experienced the level of support given to either idea I think that route is some way off, if it ever happens.

The reality is a fan on the board, someone voted for out of the crowd, is not what we need or the club is likely to do. If it did happen the fan would not privy to the real business. If either of the people mentioned above became directors I imagine it would be in the true sense.

That's all we wanted to hear Ste!

Hope you (politely of course) didn't hold back.

We kept the slowly slowly approach that we said we would from the start. Every concern we had was raised in a professional manner. Tom M was a star..

I'm almost certain that the meeting Kamy has mentioned will happen as well.

Archived