BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

People have got to stop saying things like that as if we can rest on our laurels and rely on Kean to get himself the sack based on results! If that was the case would the Walrus of Chicken really describe him as a "brilliant manager"?

He has to justify his actions. It's a bit like the Dunny and Nelsen comments - they all want to show a united front I guess.

Here is someone who has experienced/is experiencing what you are all discussing. How is it then that Glenn is positive and the rest of you are clinically depressed and blind to what he's said? What's the point of reading this thread if you aren't going to read anything that differs with your view, when it's closest to the truth?

I've said it before and i'll say it again....bunch of morons.

He's positive because he got a meeting with a Venky representative, not that we are on the right track. Doesn't particulary back up your point that everything in the garden is rosy, does it?

Morons indeed.

Update from Pune

Posted on October 8, 2011 by fansforum

This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.

This covered subjects both on and off the field and included sharing the outcome of recent online polls.

We also heard about exciting plans for the Rovers brand in India and look forward to these plans developing and coming to fruition.

We are confident that the content of this meeting and the opinions which were expressed will be relayed directly to the owners.

We were also pleased to have it confirmed that the owners dedicate specific resources to following all forms of comment and online discussion by Rovers fans, and are therefore always aware how this element of Rovers support are expressing their feelings.

We will be travelling back to Blackburn tomorrow (arriving on Monday) and will provide any further update when we return.

looks like a fob off to me

in your opinion of course

my opinion is they have been worked over by very clever business people who look down on them as being in a lower caste hence no personal meetings

Edited for you.

my opinion is they have been worked over by very clever business people who look down on them as being in a lower caste hence no personal meetings

Clever business people? That would be a good start. If we could even clarify that much i'd feel a little happier.

Like I said elsewhere, the owners have invested their faith in Kean and whatever you say, you will not change their minds. Only results will affect their thinking. No matter what they say, they are hard-assed thick business people and they have shown that they are not afraid to sack people when advised by others who have their snouts in the trough. Let's hope they don't wait too long!

Edited and IMO, of course.

Clever business people? That would be a good start. If we could even clarify that much i'd feel a little happier.

ok, glad you didn't question the rest

Edited for you.

snapback.pngyoda, on 08 October 2011 - 16:43 PM, said:

ok

ok, glad you didn't question the rest

My comment sounded overly negative. I meant, if we can at the very least put to bed the validity of these people's wealth and / or business accumen, it would go some way to ease some concerns. OK bad decisions are being made. But sometimes, it feels as if they are being made by a bunch of chancers. From day one nobody has been 100% certain of the Rao's credentials let alone their motives. At least i'd feel happier knowing decisions were being made by a competant group of people who might start to get things right with experience. At this stage i can't say i know that for sure.

Had a great time earlier, looking forward to talking about it tomorrow. Several good things to report when this storm passes (I.e tomorrow our tine)

They're thinking about removing Kean as manager after the idea that only "a few" fans are against him was corrected?

Anything else and I'm not sure people are going to be happy.

They're thinking about removing Kean as manager after the idea that only "a few" fans are against him was corrected?

Anything else and I'm not sure people are going to be happy.

LeChuck, you know as well as I do, Kean us going nowhere.

Having a great time doesn't seem a fitting description for a serious heart-to-heart discussion with the owners. More like visiting local attractions.

This trip seems to have been carried out like we are sat comfortably in mid-table, having taken the scalp of Arsenal along the way, riding a high. However the shameless PR-ing of 11 off our fans has only added to frustrations.

As far as I can see, as long as we are not mathematically relegated, Kean will be given the more time. I really don't think Venkys understand the football world... or the consequences of relegation.

Just to reiterate my plea to withhold judgements until the Pune 9 have had their chance to have their say when they are back.

Must admit, not meeting the Fans does seem like Venky's taking pot shots at their own feet for about the 300th time since they bought the club 300 days ago.

Also if I can get this meeting organised then the three fans I would like to nominate to attend this meeting would be Glen Mullan (simply because he deserves to after all the protests he has organised), Parsonblue and Paul. At a open and honest meeting then these three in my opinion would put across fans views in the best manner.

Or simply we can just send Abbey, he'll sort them out within 10 minutes!

The bloke quoted below should without doubt be asked. Glad this is looking like going a head, well done.

Just to reiterate my plea to withhold judgements until the Pune 9 have had their chance to have their say when they are back.

Must admit, not meeting the Fans does seem like Venky's taking pot shots at their own feet for about the 300th time since they bought the club 300 days ago.

I now believe the words I was told before the takeover and posted on here, we are Pompey MKII. Far too many supposed mistakes are being made for it not to be deliberate and part of the plan, I could have sworn I read headlines hear saying Roa's to meet disgruntled fans. And yet?

I guess it was just a yet another mistake.

From pune9.com

''This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.''

Why weren't all the FF members at the meeting as meetings with the Venkys seem so difficult to arrange?

OK it was 'impromtu' - did a few of you just meet the 'rep' by chance in the bar, by the pool or whatever and then spend around one and a half hours talking?

You obviously knew who he/she was?...............

From pune9.com

''This afternoon a group of the 9 fans in Pune spent around one and a half hours having an impromptu discussion with one of the owners close representatives.

Whilst it was an informal meeting, the concerns being expressed by many Rovers fans at the moment were aired.''

Why weren't all the FF members at the meeting as meetings with the Venkys seem so difficult to arrange?

OK it was 'impromtu' - did a few of you just meet the 'rep' by chance in the bar, by the pool or whatever and then spend around one and a half hours talking?

divide and conquer

Ive not been able to keep up with this thread at the moment, but I did get to read the pune9 website. From what I gathered... Did 9 people really go to india and not even get to meet the owners?

So the rumours were they are a bunch of asset strippers? I'd be apoplectic with rage if that was the plan all along. When a club goes under, so do so many other organisations and businesses, and many will lose their jobs. Just look at what happened in Leeds and Portsmouth. I'd happily cause criminal damage to any branch of Venkys I came across if such a thing happened.

From pune9.com

The other two are on a personal invite and are not with the pune9

If you Pune 9 had any brains you would do what Peter Sellers did and at night go under cover and crash one of the Venkyss parties armed with birdy num num's.

Infact I'm pretty close to doing this, I'm a good actor I've studied "The Party".

This could be the only way to get Kean out

If you Pune 9 had any brains you would do what Peter Sellers did and at night go under cover and crash one of the Venkyss parties armed with birdy num num's.

Somebody remind me of this tomorrow :)

Big steps forwards today

Archived