BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

Always enjoy your posts Parson, but I can't agree with the above.

Rovers fans having blazing rows on messageboards is in no way comparable to the antics of Kean and the owners. We are in a position of weakness with seemingly no influence and much frustration is pouring out.

The fanbase is currently more united than it has been since the time of Mark Hughes, but arguments will occur.

Also, the FF IS supposed to represent the views of the fanbase- ie unreserved seating in the DE was a fan idea put forward via the FF.

Before they departed for Pune they made clear given the chance they would put our views across- I don't recall them saying 'I'm going as an individual and not a representative'.

And of course why would the media assume that the 'Blackburn Rovers Fans Forum' was not a forum for the fans?

The point I was try to make Mattyblue, and perhaps I didn't do it very well, is that by bickering amongst ourselves we will not achieve what I believe the majority want - a change of direction at the club. If we accept that a minority - and I believe it's a very small minority - are supportive of Venky's and accept the right of folk to hold a different view I believe it strengthens the argument of the majority. We don't come across as a mob trying to impose our views on everyone.

I would agree with you that the trip to India has highlighted a problem in the way in which the Fans Forum is being portrayed and if the club want to call it a body representing fans then they are going to have to introduce some form of electoral system for it. A Forum that seems to be membership by invitation if a spot is available is not a representative body.

While I firmly believe that Kean is not the man to take this club forward I think the more worrying aspect of the trip to Pune has been the remarks of the owners. Unfortunately, we are also dealing with cultural differences in this regard and I have my doubts about their willingness to change tack in the face of hostility.

Ultimately, while they are still supportive of Kean at the moment I believe that results will have the greatest bearing on the future of the manager. Venky's are supposedly business people and if gates and revenue streams continue to drop and if the prospect of losing Premier League revenues hits them then I suspect they will act. However, the greatest problem will be finding a replacement. Who in their right mind would want to work at this club?

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I don't think anyone was in any doubt that the forum members would be done up like kippers on the PR front.

The whole thing smells like a 5 day old kipper.

I don't question the motivations behind going out there, I don't believe it's a free jolly for them. The intentions are fine, I'm sure. But I think they're getting tucked up rather nicely.

Having that fat greaseball saying that it's just a few fans mailing in shows there's little to no hope of reasoning with these people. Especially if the hot news today is something of the ilk of Kean signing a new contract, Anderson back in the fold, etc.

I would say the most likely scenario for us at the moment is relegation (if you asked me for a final points total at this stage I would make a stab at 24). If we go down by a wide margin that would be crushing and we may well end up in League 1 in two years' time. At some point Venky's will have had their fun and they'll dispose of us for £1.

Certainly I would see that as being more likely that being champions again in 5 years (god, was that for real?) The only silver lining to that cloud would be the almost inevitable exit of the chicken nuggets. The decision making we've had to endure has been calamitous. It's almost like it's willful. I can only hope that the next owners are British and have the correct intentions.

Talking about the club owners, he said, “Initially, there was a feeling that the Ewood Park is chickened out. But that has become a history. Venkys have done a lot for the club and we are happy about them.”"

My link

How obvious is that? Either Glenn has lost the ability to speak his first language or it's all made up! Should sue them - preferably for about £100m - then buy the club back.

"However, ask them about the team’s performance and their manager, they seem a little angry.

“Yes, we were angry and wanted the manager to leave for the poor show against Manchester City,” was the only reaction one could get.

There are a few fans, who have been following the side for over decades and despite their outrage, they are confident about the team’s performance in upcoming matches. “This is just the beginning of the season and talking about relegation is too early. We are sure that our team will make a comeback,” Pegden said.

Talking about the club owners, he said, “Initially, there was a feeling that the Ewood Park is chickened out. But that has become a history. Venkys have done a lot for the club and we are happy about them.”"

My link

“For a lot of fans back home, a lot of the anger is caused by not knowing the intention of the owners. There hasn’t been a great deal of interaction between owners and the club. From our point of view, we hope to still have that dialogue,” Neil Duckworth, one of the fans who has been invited by Venkys to discuss the way forward for the club, was quoted as saying by a football website.

http://www.dnaindia.com/sport/report_blackburn-rovers-flying-on-chicken-wings_1596258

This is what I don't get. Click the second link and read the article and it seems to me even the Indian press are questioning Venkys. The first link doesn't look like the kind of language Glenn uses in his posts/tweets but if that's his opinion then that's his opinion I guess

The whole thing smells like a 5 day old kipper.

I don't question the motivations behind going out there, I don't believe it's a free jolly for them. The intentions are fine, I'm sure. But I think they're getting tucked up rather nicely.

Having that fat greaseball saying that it's just a few fans mailing in shows there's little to no hope of reasoning with these people. Especially if the hot news today is something of the ilk of Kean signing a new contract, Anderson back in the fold, etc.

I would say the most likely scenario for us at the moment is relegation (if you asked me for a final points total at this stage I would make a stab at 24). If we go down by a wide margin that would be crushing and we may well end up in League 1 in two years' time. At some point Venky's will have had their fun and they'll dispose of us for £1.

Certainly I would see that as being more likely that being champions again in 5 years (god, was that for real?) The only silver lining to that cloud would be the almost inevitable exit of the chicken nuggets. The decision making we've had to endure has been calamitous. It's almost like it's willful. I can only hope that the next owners are British and have the correct intentions.

its worse than what I highlighted in bold, its someone not signing a new contract, what message is that going to send out to the rest of the squad and any new potential tagets?

Indeed it's pure fabrication, I'm glad you all spotted that's not the way I speak. I've been steering clear of the press after seeing a few of our members stitched up, but did give my name as a reporter wanted to know who was in a picture he took.

Anyway, sorry for the lack of updates and us "setting the record straight", I'm sure that'll come with time. Despite us being stitched by the press, don't view the trip as a write-off just yet.

its worse than what I highlighted in bold, its someone not signing a new contract, what message is that going to send out to the rest of the squad and any new potential tagets?

Kean and Venkys are deadly serious about making Europe in 3-4 years - don't you believe them?

The Kamy meeting must happen and quickly, very quickly.

The good news is that I am very close to convincing them to have meeting here in Blackburn with 3 fans, again no PR, just three fans and the owners. I have gone direct (via their PR team in India) and that seems to be working, now as long as I can keep Mr PR who works at Ewood away from this then this could actually happen.

It's easy to sit back and criticise and even to be 'negative', however, many on here appealed to the Pune 9 not to go as the writing, for many of us, was very clearly on the wall.

Not to go to Pune without a commitment for a round the table meeting / discussion about Rovers' footballing matters was, IMV, farcical.

I really do hope that we see the Pune 9 equally as keen to go on the protests v Spurs and tell the media, both when they get back into the UK and at the protests, that the whole thing was the PR scam that it seems to be.

Well done Julie (whoever she is). Exactly what the Rao's wanted to hear. Deluded. Say what you like about being 'stitched up by the media' but you wouldn't get a true fan saying that,

We are well amd truly buggered.

Only lesson here, and I think Glenn has just admitted to, don't speak to the press, especially if you're someone who's honest... why do you think most politicians/celebrities are portrayed as permanent liars, because if you tell any bit of the truth the press will just cut you up to tell their story.

I mean, if the theoretical question was "Could Blackburn Rovers win the premier league again if Venky's pull their finger out and start ploughing their chicken "billions" into the club and buying up the Man City squad", then the response of a non-media trained person is either A. F*** off you git, stitching me up like that or B. Well, yes, when you put it that way.

Guess which on the hack will run?

Kean and Venkys are deadly serious about making Europe in 3-4 years - don't you believe them?

er let me think for a while

NO

If players like Junior don't want to play for us we are stuffed and it is all down to Venky's, Kean and the dark force Anderson

Also if I can get this meeting organised then the three fans I would like to nominate to attend this meeting would be Glen Mullan (simply because he deserves to after all the protests he has organised), Parsonblue and Paul. At a open and honest meeting then these three in my opinion would put across fans views in the best manner.

Or simply we can just send Abbey, he'll sort them out within 10 minutes!

Also if I can get this meeting organised then the three fans I would like to nominate to attend this meeting would be Glen Mullan (simply because he deserves to after all the protests he has organised), Parsonblue and Paul. At a open and honest meeting then these three in my opinion would put across fans views in the best manner.

You underestimate ABBEY, I would give him 2 minutes and more power to him

If these people are meant to represent all of us, there should be volunteers come forward and have a proper vote. At last, a worthwhile use for a poll!

I've met 2 of those, and couldnt argue with that list at all.

All will put forward different points. Although it could be argued that somebody like Birdy who has been running a supporters club for years, puts in the miles and is actually here on his own expense should be considered.

No - just your average fan who wants the best for my club. There's alot of sanctimonious rubbish being posted on here at present in defence of the Pune 9 but even you must be able to see they are being used by Venky's to project a false image of their disastrous tenure.

You know exactly what I referred to.

Bringing Roversmum's politics into the discussion is irrelevant.

"Some of the Pune 9 seem reasonably intelligent" - a direct dig at those who are not 'some' and saying those who are 'some' are only of moderate intellect.

And Roversmum isn't one of the 9 anyway.

As for "even you" ... !

The good news is that I am very close to convincing them to have meeting here in Blackburn with 3 fans, again no PR, just three fans and the owners. I have gone direct (via their PR team in India) and that seems to be working, now as long as I can keep Mr PR who works at Ewood away from this then this could actually happen.

I think that is vital for you Kamy, because if he gets anywhere near it, he will spin it and trun this into just a PR event.

I really hope you get your meeting with one of the owners Kamy, because you will be able to put the fans view over and correctly and NOT allow Kean and Mr PR to spin things and what the the Majority of rovers fans think about Kean and other things going on at the club!!!

Paul it's simple dunns a player and shouldn't have a dig at fans. The lady who said we can win the league is doolally and deserves whatever gets thrown at her.if you want to headline it abbey Slags fans then feel free to add loony before fans. Do you think she's done the fans cause or the venkys cause most good?

Kamy won't take ten mins , gimme 5 mins haha

You underestimate ABBEY, I would give him 2 minutes and more power to him

Ha I hadn't seen this

Let's have poll to see if we need a poll

I know passions are running high- we are passionate because we are Rovers fans and the club we love very dearly is being systematically destroyed.

Let's just stay calm until the Pune 9 are back and have had their say here where the club's heart and soul is- in Blackburn. And I'd urge everyone not to take anything coming out of India just now with any seriousness whatsoever.

Paul it's simple dunns a player and shouldn't have a dig at fans. The lady who said we can win the league is doolally and deserves whatever gets thrown at her.

No, she doesnt. What she doesnt deserve is you saying that you hope she chokes on a bhaji. That is unacceptable.

To the board in general.

Critisise her opinions, fine.

Personal insults and witchhunts, not fine.

Archived