BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

I made the same mistake, but I thought there was only one woman in the Pune 9. Is the person that is Roversmum in Pune too? Either way, the comments of the woman on the telly are going to reflect very badly on the rest of the Pune holidaymakers by association, and most neutrals who saw that will assume that is the opinion of them all. Who knows, maybe it is.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I'm not angry with Julie. She's a human being like the rest of us.

Say more tomorrow, gonna have a glass of red wine now.

Probably the best way to deal with this thread. *exits in direction of kitchen with corkscrew in hand*

I can't believe after laying out £40m they would allow the club to travel in this direction.

Someone is advising them badly. Who is it!!!

perhaps the real owner!

please step forward if you dare(the owner that is)

Is the person that is Roversmum in Pune too?

Yes she is at the personal invitation of the Rao family, along with her husband. They met Balaji in Hong Kong and were subsequently invited to Pune. They are not part of the FF trip.

Life does exist outside of this forum, people are entitled to hold different opinions than the majority of people on this site, so lets not hammer people for that.

I’ve been in the company of 2 Rovers fans over from Cyprus this evening, both want Kean out, but both have no issue with Venkys whatsoever and think they’re going to get things right.

Opinions eh, lets embrace them, not shout them down.

Maybe I'm just looking in the wrong places but far from this being a "PR dream" for Venky's all the media I have looked at seems to be focusing on the fact that despite being a historic trip to India Rovers fans want Kean out. An ideal opportunity I think for the fans out there to tell the owners exactly how it is

As someone who knows both roversmum and Julie, I find the mob mentality which appears to be creeping in quite worrying. I know that roversmum and roversdad are both genuine in their belief that Venky's are decent people who will be good for the club. Whilst I might disagree with that view, they are perfectly entitled to hold that opinion. Indeed, their opinion is every bit as valid as those organising demonstrations against the manager. It's time people accepted that not everybody has the same opinions on this matter. I know a number of Rovers supporters who don't frequent messageboards but who are prepared to give the manager more time. Others I know don't blame the manager as much as the owners.

The Pune9, as they have been called, are perfectly entitled to enjoy their trip to India without the barbed comments which seem to be coming their way. Ultimately, they did not go to India as representatives of the fans. They went as members of the Fans Forum which is not an elected body and in no way pretends to represent the views of supporters. It is a group of supporters who discuss non-footballing issues with the club and the club have often acted upon matters discussed at these meetings which has benefited fans in general. At the end of the day the nine people who have gone to Pune represent no opinions but their own. Just as the fanbase holds different opinions on the present situation, I suspect that those in Pune have different opinions - and nothing wrong in that as football is a game of opinions.

Personally, I find the vitriol that is being spewed out against fellow supporters, simply because they hold a different opinion to those organising protests, every bit as threatening to the future of the club as the mismanagement of Venky's and Steve Kean.

Personally, I find the vitriol that is being spewed out against fellow supporters, simply because they hold a different opinion to those organising protests, every bit as threatening to the future of the club as the mismanagement of Venky's and Steve Kean.

How is someone calling someone else for holding a different view on a message board as threatening as Steve Kean or Venky's roll in the club. I admit l hold my hands up l have inadvertently called some people (out of pure frustration) but l draw the line at being as bad as someone who is actually managing the team or the halfwits that own the club. We haven't made the decisions, we've put forward our opinion

As far as threats to the club go, l see myself well down the pecking order from Kean and Venky's :blink:

As someone who knows both roversmum and Julie, I find the mob mentality which appears to be creeping in quite worrying.

There are people on the MB who want the blood of fellow supporters (some who are pensioners, others who are children) who dare to make a mistake or risk misinterpretation of their comments, and any player that shows public support for his employer.

Trust me, the players know how we feel, the owners know how we feel, the media know how we feel.

The owners are deciding how they can react to all this whilst not looking like they will bow to the supporters whim on every occasion.

They will take action when they receive strong enough guidance from people they respect, in business and sport, in India and in the UK. Until then we must continue to show our dissent.

I do not agree that the abuse on the MB of fellow members will have a serious impact on the club but it is already turning the MB into a forum which eats itself after tearing itself to pieces in frustration at its inability to influence the club.

This has happened to many forums & messageboards and will happen to us.

The atmopshere around here does seem increasingly poisonous lately :( somewhat inevitable with the way the club is being destroyed though.

You are right.

Unfortunately, I believe that it is inevitable throughout the club.

IMO, I think we have disagreements within the owners, at least 2 and probably 3 different 'power bases' at Ewood with different 'personal' agendas, two camps within the players (pro / against Kean), supporters literally fighting each other.

We are in one helluva mess and I cannot recall such division across our football club before. I believe we are now so far removed from the friendly, family club of just 12 months ago.

How is someone calling someone else for holding a different view on a message board as threatening as Steve Kean or Venky's roll in the club. I admit l hold my hands up l have inadvertently called some people (out of pure frustration) but l draw the line at being as bad as someone who is actually managing the team or the halfwits that own the club. We haven't made the decisions, we've put forward our opinion

As far as threats to the club go, l see myself well down the pecking order from Kean and Venky's :blink:

The "halfwits" as you describe them do indeed own the club. That, sadly, is the bottom line. "Our" Rovers owned by local businessmen who were brought up supporting the club is not likely to come back anytime soon - unless you happen to know some local billionaire. Supporters need to be united in their approach but the rubbish that has been thrown at those who have gone to Pune would suggest that we are far from united. As I said before, the nine who have gone from the Fans Forum have gone to represent the Fans Forum and not the fanbase in general. Yet they are attacked as if they have somehow let people down. Once supporters start to turn on one another the cause is lost anyway - that is were the danger is.

As someone who knows both roversmum and Julie, I find the mob mentality which appears to be creeping in quite worrying. I know that roversmum and roversdad are both genuine in their belief that Venky's are decent people who will be good for the club. Whilst I might disagree with that view, they are perfectly entitled to hold that opinion. Indeed, their opinion is every bit as valid as those organising demonstrations against the manager. It's time people accepted that not everybody has the same opinions on this matter. I know a number of Rovers supporters who don't frequent messageboards but who are prepared to give the manager more time. Others I know don't blame the manager as much as the owners.

The Pune9, as they have been called, are perfectly entitled to enjoy their trip to India without the barbed comments which seem to be coming their way. Ultimately, they did not go to India as representatives of the fans. They went as members of the Fans Forum which is not an elected body and in no way pretends to represent the views of supporters. It is a group of supporters who discuss non-footballing issues with the club and the club have often acted upon matters discussed at these meetings which has benefited fans in general. At the end of the day the nine people who have gone to Pune represent no opinions but their own. Just as the fanbase holds different opinions on the present situation, I suspect that those in Pune have different opinions - and nothing wrong in that as football is a game of opinions.

Sorry, but I find accepting free hospitality and fraternising with people who are sending our club down the drain utterly inexcusable. And for Julie (who I gather is not the same person as roversmum) to come out with that bullshit about winning the PL is beyond comprehension.

It's not a point of view anymore as to whether Venky's are good for the club or not. It's not just an opinion. That stage has already passed. They ARE in the process of damaging our club beyond repair. To become neutral for the club, let alone good for the club, it will require a huge force akin to turning round a giant ocean liner. That force will not be generated by lapping up hospitality by Venky's. That will drive the Venky's PR machine, make things worse and make it appear like things are okay and that us fans are happy with the way things are going.

Accepting Venky's hospitality and consistently speaking out in favour of Venky's is IMO inexcusable at this stage (though maybe not say a month or two ago), as is going on television to claim we could win the PL under Venky's, something so outlandish and ridiculous it's impossible to imagine that Julie might genuinely believe that.

You make some excellent points and I agree that some comments have been vitriolic. There is no need.

The problem with the above bit about the 'Pune 9' is that we on this message board and perhaps a few others are aware of the Fans Forum, their role and independent views.

You can guarantee that when anything is shown on the media there will be no disclaimer, reference or clarification of the fans forum. It will simply show the comment and attribute it to MR X, member of BRFC fans forum.

To everyone in India and the majority of the UK, it sounds like an affiliated part of BRFC and reflective of 'fans' views.

They would be better saying nowt, enjoy the trip and share anything beneficial when they return.

There does appear to be a lot of hostility in the air, not surprising considering the trouble we are in as a club. When we were in serious trouble under Ince I remember seeing fans coming close to blows, friends who respected each other deeply falling out over the predicament we were in. So it's not the first time this has happened and won't be the last, though the grave situation feels worse this time around with Kean looking bulletproof and the owners making stupid decisions. You just get a feeling right now that there is no end to our torment in sight.

I don't think Roversmum and the Pune 9 deserve the vitriol they are getting their way. Of course I went on record that I thought the trip wasn't a good idea and was very sceptical that anything good would come from the trip, as it stands that looks like that has been proven to be the case.

But we must remember these are fans of the club just like the rest of us and they love Rovers as much as the rest of us. It doesn't matter if someone has a different viewpoint, they should be entitled to their views and that has to be respected.

I just hope and pray that one day we can all get back to enjoying football and following the club we all love, it's going to take some major changes for that to happen but I still live in hope.

The "halfwits" as you describe them do indeed own the club. That, sadly, is the bottom line. "Our" Rovers owned by local businessmen who were brought up supporting the club is not likely to come back anytime soon - unless you happen to know some local billionaire. Supporters need to be united in their approach but the rubbish that has been thrown at those who have gone to Pune would suggest that we are far from united. As I said before, the nine who have gone from the Fans Forum have gone to represent the Fans Forum and not the fanbase in general. Yet they are attacked as if they have somehow let people down. Once supporters start to turn on one another the cause is lost anyway - that is were the danger is.

Not having a go PB (at you or the FF) but surely being part of the FANS FORUM would, just in the name, mean you have some sort of association with the FANS and you are some sort of FORUM for all FANS. Blackburn Rovers Fans Forum in itself implies you are the forum for Blackburn Rovers fans. Speaking for the FANS of BRFC. When in fact no, these are 9 individuals who have taken an all expenses paid holiday to India and, can in no way whatsoever speak for anyone outside the 9. I'm sure they have made this point.

The problems arise when media interview them and everyone and his (TAXI FOR KEAN) dog put the point across they are in someway the voice of the fans when they are not. It's not the FF speaking it's the individual. They don't represent me or you, despite the name.

The atmopshere around here does seem increasingly poisonous lately :( somewhat inevitable with the way the club is being destroyed though.

Wait till next home game because i can see it being a lot worst than what it has already been because of the recent article by venkys

I totally forgot to add that i hope the fans forum loved being a PR stunt and being made idiots because thats how it feels to me so far. I hope i am proved wrong and you got a lot of information for us(fans). But i am also hoping you share this information instead of saying everything is good as no one will beleive you unless you release hard evidence of this

Archived