BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Pune trip

only2garners

To retain any credibility at all the pune 9 need to feed back on this site asap their experiences and opinions as to the motives and intentions of

the venkys. If they dont then the trip will inevitably be viewed as a free jolly and more importantly a waste of time.

Ste b etc where are you ?

After a week away, its called family and work ;) ... but to be serious, O2G has summed it up perfectly.

• Replies 2.5k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Thought we would have seen this by now. Nearly half a day in the air should have provided plenty of opportunity or perhaps it needs to be cleared by the owners first !?!?!?!

We just want to hear something !!!!!!!!!!!!!

From our owners of almost a year and from you guys who went on the trip. Unfortunately, I think you are in danger of alienating yourselves unless you quickly share in full with the wider support what was discussed.

To retain any credibility at all the pune 9 need to feed back on this site asap their experiences and opinions as to the motives and intentions of

the venkys. If they dont then the trip will inevitably be viewed as a free jolly and more importantly a waste of time.

Ste b etc where are you ?

After over 24hrs travelling, I went straight into work from the station, did half a days work then got around 30 mins with my wife before I spent the majority of the evening trying to fix my broadband at home. So hardly "plenty of opportunity"

I'm here. What is happening is that the fans on the Forum are meeting tonight. This is to feedback to the Forum members who were not on the trip so that they hear first and also so that we all agree the statement we want to make. That should be public tomorrow and hopefully we will be recording a podcast as well on Wednesday night but that's not definite yet. If we do it should be out sometime on Thursday. We only got back yesterday, all of us jetlagged and many of us have come back to lots of work after a few days off. Just give us a bit of time.

in other words..make sure weve got our stories right!" :rolleyes::rolleyes::lol::P

I'm here. What is happening is that the fans on the Forum are meeting tonight. This is to feedback to the Forum members who were not on the trip so that they hear first and also so that we all agree the statement we want to make. That should be public tomorrow and hopefully we will be recording a podcast as well on Wednesday night but that's not definite yet. If we do it should be out sometime on Thursday. We only got back yesterday, all of us jetlagged and many of us have come back to lots of work after a few days off. Just give us a bit of time.

I think that's fair and reasonable.

You are a clever man o2g's, so you really don't need me to tell you that your statement needs to be very carefully worded. Leaning too far one way will lead to an even greater backlash against the owners, while leaning too far the other way will lead to a backlash against the people who went on the trip [something roversmum is currently in danger of doing, although I appreciate she means nothing but good].

You've got to balance this out, while at the same time being completely open and honest. Good luck!

It seems that there is no viable alternative to Venkys as owners. We can chant "Venkys out" every week and question their intelligence and motives all day long but I don't feel that is very constructive.

If we want them to empathise with the fans we have to interact with them. The Pune 9+2 seem to be intelligent and committed Rovers fans - I'm sure they did a good job.

Tony, at this stage, I've got no problems with Venkys apart from some loose talk, broken promises and a crap appointment; and I gave them time to prove themselves.

They have to empathise with the fans, not the other way around, they have to interact with the fans, the majority of which live in and around Blackburn, not in Pune.

Blackburn is where the empathising and interacting should be, not just with 9 + 2 in Pune.

They'd have gained much more doing this in the teams town in front of many more fans.

After over 24hrs travelling, I went straight into work from the station, did half a days work then got around 30 mins with my wife before I spent the majority of the evening trying to fix my broadband at home. So hardly "plenty of opportunity"

That's a ###### poor excuse Glenn. I'd have bragged and said I'd spent 60 minutes with my wife...

Glenn - appreciate that you and the rest have not had a lot of time since arriving back.

Our owners get slated for lack of communication as do some leaders in organisations that I have worked for but surely a dozen bullet points or so (which could have been crafted on the plane), to give everyone a flavour, prior to issuing a full report would have met supporters' needs (and I don't differentiate between Forum members and non forum members as, IMV, there is no hierarchy as you guys were supposed to be representing the 'whole support') and saved some 'aggravation'.

Again, please give people a chance. Those who went as Fans Forum representatives need to meet before they can issue any information. I do appreciate that patience, although a virtue, is not one that most on here seem prepared to adopt.

All in good time, my friends.

In the meantime, the future is blue and white.

I'm sure you don't mean to be but that sounds very patronising. Actually most people on here have been very patient.

I can't think of any other club that would have given Kean more time than BRFC.

Open discontent only broke out at the City game------ after 28 games and 26 points! Miracle really.

a dozen bullet points or so (which could have been crafted on the plane)

Flight took off from Mumbai at 2.30am local time and landed at Heathrow at 7.30am UK time. Sorry we had a kip instead of organising the bullet points.

Flight took off from Mumbai at 2.30am local time and landed at Heathrow at 7.30am UK time. Sorry we had a kip instead of organising the bullet points.

We did actually put together the start of something in Mumbai, but it wasn't finished in time.

Again, please give people a chance. Those who went as Fans Forum representatives need to meet before they can issue any information. I do appreciate that patience, although a virtue, is not one that most on here seem prepared to adopt.

All in good time, my friends.

In the meantime, the future is blue and white.

RM, better put this post down to jet lag, as you come across rather condescending.

• Backroom

You are so in danger of alienating many of the members here.. Surely ALL Rovers fans have a right to know what went on - at the same time (after all you did go on this trip supposedly representing ALL Rovers fans).. and as for 'agreeing a statement we want to make' that really does smack of 'what should we tell them and what should we keep to ourselves'

You are so in danger of alienating many of the members here.. Surely ALL Rovers fans have a right to know what went on - at the same time (after all you did go on this trip supposedly representing ALL Rovers fans).. and as for 'agreeing a statement we want to make' that really does smack of 'what should we tell them and what should we keep to ourselves'

First and foremost it was an invitation to the FF, as all representatives couldn't go, we are reporting back to them first.

Whoa, whoa, whoa...................

You've taken O2G's words out of context. What he said was "so that we all agree the statement we want to make." which means everyone can back the statement and feel happy with what is said. It does not mean a statement will be cooked up to satisfy the fans, though the words you selected - 'agreeing a statement we want to make' - can be interpreted that way.

I would interpret o2g's remark to indicate the statement will be one everyone can support and must therefore include all views on what took place. So if eight are convinced by Venky's and one dissents from that view it would be stated.

Drop me a pm with details and I will

Everyone else manages to work out what to do. I'm sure someone with your connections at Ewood should be able to work it out.

And all Rovers fans will get to know. We went as representatives of the Fans Forum so our first duty is to report back to them. We were a representative group of fans but at no time have I, and I'm fairly sure the other 8 of us, claimed to be representing all fans. Paul has eloquently answered your second point.

• Backroom

You've taken O2G's words out of context. What he said was "so that we all agree the statement we want to make." which means everyone can back the statement and feel happy with what is said. It does not mean a statement will be cooked up to satisfy the fans, though the words you selected - 'agreeing a statement we want to make' - can be interpreted that way.

I would interpret o2g's remark to indicate the statement will be one everyone can support and must therefore include all views on what took place. So if eight are convinced by Venky's and one dissents from that view it would be stated.

Sorry Paul, it's down to perception.. and my comments reflect how I perceive O2G's statement.

Give the guys a chance, no point in going to Pune for the guys to come back with differing opinions, for me a collective response to us is far better than 9 different ones, and anyway I am sure the guys are wholeheartedly 110% behind getting rid of Kean from our club, so yes a bit of patience and I am sure we will get the answers whether we like them or not. :brfc: :brfc:

Archived