BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

Glen-can you please use etc instead of ect? Not trying to be clever, just makes your great content read better! Ta.

ECT (Electroconvulsive therapy) is a very effective treatment against severe depression (amongst other things), something some of seem to be in need of. Or will be in need of come May. Perhaps it's intentional ;)

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

What is harsh in that? If you can't take some constructive comments on how to make the protests more effective and not alienate the undecided fans then so be it. The five minutes of fame comment was just to point out that all events are temporary, Glenn knows I respect his efforts even if I don't agree with them. Simon is someone I have never met.

The issue we have is that far too many Rovers' supporters go away, game after game, shaking their heads, making mutterings about Kean but are unprepared to do anything about it.

This is lack of passion and apathy.

If this was Newcastle, Liverpool and even Burnley, there would be huge vocal protests.

Unfortunately, if things don't change quickly, the silent apathetic few will get what they deserve as our club plummets downwards at a rapid rate of knots. They might be tempted to offer the odd shout then in a near empty stadium, however, it will be TOO LATE.

JUST DO SOMETHING AND THEN YOU CAN HAVE NO REGRETS LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

The issue we have is that far too many Rovers' supporters go away, game after game, shaking their heads, making mutterings about Kean but are unprepared to do anything about it.

This is lack of passion and apathy.

If this was Newcastle, Liverpool and even Burnley, there would be huge vocal protests.

Unfortunately, if things don't change quickly, the silent apathetic few will get what they deserve as our club plummets downwards at a rapid rate of knots. They might be tempted to offer the odd shout then in a near empty stadium, however, it will be TOO LATE.

JUST DO SOMETHING AND THEN YOU CAN HAVE NO REGRETS LATER !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Count the number of fans in the ground at the previous games and how many have demonstrated and I think you will see the balance in numbers. If you want to call anyone who has a different opinion apathetic then that is your right.

There's little I can do from this part of the world, other than to offer Glen and the rest of you moral support.

There was an omen in Sydney today...... on one of the tv channels they played a repeat of "The Dam Busters".

Guys go out there and take it to them. Let them know, when your voice is failing, think of those that can't be heard, and double your volume.

Count the number of fans in the ground at the previous games and how many have demonstrated and I think you will see the balance in numbers. If you want to call anyone who has a different opinion apathetic then that is your right.

That's the issue. Many folk I speak with each day in the course of my work make huge fun of Kean, including our own supporters. They despise him and want him out but aren't prepared to protest.

It's simply apathy and lack of passion.

Just a pity the Rovers haven't the courage to poll all its season ticket holders. The result would be 95% for his removal. Well Rovers will get what they deserve because if Kean stays, I'll make this prediction, season ticket sales will fall to 5,000 or less next season.

So with that in mind the Majority want Kean as Manager? or If we go down they are not bothered?

What is the alternative to protests?

If we had the old board and any other owners on the planet, We would never have had to protest as Steve Kean's results would have chosen his destiny. We are at that stage were points are not having an impact on the owners decision to keep the Manager, so therefore they seem to either not understand the reprecussions, or don't care.

People moan about the protests but have to date offered no alternative, apart from sit and pray cross everything you have and hope that the owners see sense, or Steve Kean manages to do something which he has not yet done in his previous 31 games.

1. How many changes will he make today, as he has not picked the same team twice since he got the job.

2. We have gone 16 matches without a clea sheet, will today be number 17? If it is will we be able to score 2 goals plus as a minimum to get a draw or win?

3. How far cut adrift will we be should we fail to win today, going into the international break?

4.With 6 on paper easier fixtures to come after this game, if Kean is still here and does not muster many points from them will anyone want the job at Rovers? and if they do will they be able to achieve another great escape?

I had a good chat with you the other day in person (Which is always nice) and you have some good balanced views, but one thing you have not offered or anyone else to that matter, is an alternative or a reason why Kean should be the Manager of Blackburn Rovers

What I do know is that posting anything on this message board that is not vehemently anti-Kean always collects a response that is frequently more emotion than logic.

If its logic that you require then look at Kean`s stats and look at the league table. Look at where Rovers were before Kean and look where we are now.

Actually, there is another choice Glenn, and that is to oppose the protest - by the way I am happy that there is an opportunity for any fans to vent their anger but there needs to be some thought about it. Just as Steve Kean is wrong to claim that silence indicates support for him the argument is equally applicable to the protestors. The one thing everyone has in common is supporting the Rovers.

The following comments relate to the protest as a whole and not to Glenn and his fellow organisers:

- Demonstrations before and during the game are not productive and the one result that is guaranteed is that it polarises the opinions of fans.

- Obscene and abusive language in the chants merely allows those against the protestors to portray you as a set of foul-mouthed football yobs.

- There needs to be a very clear view of what the protestors want and if that is only Kean out, then fine. Will the protests then change into Venkys out if he goes?

- There needs to be a positive set of targets that the owners and club can respond to, Kean out is simple, better communications may also be of help.

Finally, don't turn on other people because they don't share your single-minded, zealous view of the world and don't be seduced by your five minutes of fame. Managers come and go and so do protests. The club needs to continue for everyone who loves the Rovers.

did every libyan who was against gadaffi protest before the revolutiion?? i will ask you what all the anti protest folk wont answer ,what good have the venkys brought to our club??

if these peaceful protests dont work then they need turning up a notch or two!

I had a good chat with you the other day in person (Which is always nice) and you have some good balanced views, but one thing you have not offered or anyone else to that matter, is an alternative or a reason why Kean should be the Manager of Blackburn Rovers

At the moment the players do seem to be putting in the effort for Kean - and he would appear to still have the support of the players. There are rumours that players are scared to speak out about him - personally don't believe that - I think the Ince era showed it is relatively easy to get rumours into the press.

While Kean has the support of the players - I worry about who the owners would bring him to replace him (and how quickly) - and whether things would actually end up worse. At the moment, results wise, it can't get much worse - but the performances have improved, and for once Kean has been right - for a little luck we would now be outside the relegation zone.

Also - I have always felt that Kean's overly optimistic view on things actually helps the young players - giving them an environment where they feel more free to try things. I think the improvement in several young players can be attributed in part to Kean.

Does all this out weigh the negatives - of course not - at the moment, based on results, Kean should go.

As I don't think the owners will get rid anyway - my hope is that the best football management has historically been built around partnerships - lets hope that Kean/Clement is the new dynamic duo - and we start to pick up results to go with the improved performances.

At the moment the protesters have my respect - as they have always kept the protests seperate to the game (with possible exception of City - which was understandable given the performance). Lets all put our differences of opinion to one side for the match and cheer Rovers onto an unlikely victory.

I really don't understand this "The players are doing it for Kean" nonsense.... just because they appear to be putting a shift in recently why does that mean they're doing it for him?

Could it not be that they're doing it for the club they play for and that pays their wages.... or even the FANS!!

Not once when we've scored recently (or ever) have I seen any player run over to numbnuts (Kean) to celebrate... is this not a bit strange?

If they were fighting for him and scored surely he'd be the first port of call for any celebration?!?

Indeed last season at Wolves when emotions were running high for obvious reasons, the players all ran straight past Kean, totally ignoring him to celebrate with the rest of the bench.

I just don't buy it... I don't think any player except possibly Roberts is necessarily doing it for our deluded manager!

I really don't understand this "The players are doing it for Kean" nonsense.... just because they appear to be putting a shift in recently why does that mean they're doing it for him?

Could it not be that they're doing it for the club they play for and that plays their wages.... the FANS!!

Not once when we've scored recently (or ever) have I seen any player run over to numbnuts (Kean) to celebrate... is this not a bit strange?

If they were fighting for him and scored surely he'd be the first port of call for any celebration?!?

Indeed last season at Wolves when emotions were running high for obvious reasons, the players all ran straight past Kean, totally ignoring him to celebrate with the rest of the bench.

I just don't buy it... I don't think any player except possibly Roberts is doing anything for our deluded manager!

See Wigan away under Ince :rover:

Could it not be that they're doing it for the club they play for and that pays their wages.... or even the FANS!!

I just don't buy it... I don't think any player except possibly Roberts is doing anything for our deluded manager!

Also - if you believe this - I hope that next time the players don't appear to be putting the effort in - you don't blame Kean !

There's little I can do from this part of the world, other than to offer Glen and the rest of you moral support.

There was an omen in Sydney today...... on one of the tv channels they played a repeat of "The Dam Busters".

Guys go out there and take it to them. Let them know, when your voice is failing, think of those that can't be heard, and double your volume.

Donate.

Buy a man a banner and he can protest for one game.

Buy a man a pen and a supply of cardboard and he can protest for a life time.

All we are asking is for £5 a month, thats £5 that will go to purchases of planes, banners, balloon, pens.

Do what is right and donate today.

We are wanting for your donatation.

Please send donations to keanout@paypal.com/nationalbankofUganda.com

TBH, I don't see any lack of effort from the players, but that's hardly the be all, and end all, is it!

Are we all happy to see the club needlessly going down the pan, as long as the lads are trying?

Well, apparently some are.

TBH, I don't see any lack of effort from the players, but that's hardly the be all, and end all, is it!

Are we all happy to see the club needlessly going down the pan, as long as the lads are trying?

Well, apparently some are.

As has already been said before, if he has the support of the players and they're pulling out all the stops for him and he still can't get a result, that makes him an even worse manager than if he'd lost the dressing room!

Brings his many failings like transfers (in and out), fitness levels, selections, use of subs, tactics and, above all else, his utter inability to set up a side which can defend, into even sharper focus.

He might be mates with them or not but he cannot bring out the best in them. He must go.

Also - if you believe this - I hope that next time the players don't appear to be putting the effort in - you don't blame Kean !

I was just putting across a counter argument to the "the players are doing it for Kean" view, which I'm getting tired of hearing as I just don't see any evidence that this is the case.

When I put a decent shift in at work I'm not doing for my manager, I'm doing it because I've got pride in my work, want respect from colleagues and clients and I don't want any agro!

I agree that the players are putting a shift in recently I just don't understand why people/media automatically assume they're doing it for Kean?

I wasn't having a go at you in particular :rover:

Oh and in answer to your above question.... Yes I would... I blame him for everything :wacko:

Oh come on - if the players looked deflated and dejected you would blame Kean squarely for that. So equally you should give him some credit for the players pulling their weight and playing well. Doesn't mean you should change your mind about whether he should go or not, but lets try and keep a semblence of fairness about this.

That our performances have much improved in the last three games, and we actually look a very decent side at the moment, is just as much a fact as our atrocious results.

I still want Kean out, but as DMTP has said it really is contingent on who we get in. Because if whoever we get does not have the required quality we are even more f****** as they will need acclimatise, build their knowledge and get the most out of the squad. I want the situation at the club to improve and that is more about who we get in than who we throw out.

Archived