BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not really visible from the Riverside. Hopefully picked up on the TV cameras.

My lad want down to the front to get a quick look at it and was told in no uncertain terms, by a steward, to get back to his seat!

Ironic that on a day when we honour our war dead who fought for our liberty and freedom of oppression, that we have a ban of the the written word and totalitarian stewarding at Ewood...

The plane fly for 25 mins great to see it guys.I got to say many thanks for Simon who did the planning and the fans backing him.I don't know how to load up the picture of the plane but later on someone will load it up cheers

Sad we losing 1 nil, I not seen the owners anywhere guys.

What are the odds that the match finishes 0-3 with large quantities of Rovers supporters leaving early, and with only a few hundred Rovers joining in on the post match sit-in?

HOPEFULLY the apathetic masses will wake up and take part in the sit-in/protest, but I'm not holding my breath.

How long are we going to let these - IMO - preposterous human beings (Venky's, Kean, Agnew, etc) ruin our club without voicing our utter discontent?

• Backroom

What are the odds that the match finishes 0-3 with large quantities of Rovers supporters leaving early, and with only a few hundred Rovers joining in on the post match sit-in?

HOPEFULLY the apathetic masses will wake up and take part in the sit-in/protest, but I'm not holding my breath.

How long are we going to let these - IMO - preposterous human beings (Venky's, Kean, Agnew, etc) ruin our club without voicing our utter discontent?

The majority of people won't do anything until it's too late.

1701: The majority of home fans at Ewood Park have remained behind, by the way, to launch a protest against both boss Steve Kean and owners Venky's, by the look of things. Hhmm.

Majority? Really? I hope so.

Anyone care to back it up?

1701: The majority of home fans at Ewood Park have remained behind, by the way, to launch a protest against both boss Steve Kean and owners Venky's, by the look of things. Hhmm.

But sadly we will be stuck with both

It's frustrating as the apathetic majority are turning slowly, but in the meantime we're losing more games and getting sucked further and further downwards.

By the time the majority make their voices heard, we'll be mathematically in the Championship.

Sad, but true.

50 people protesting according to the ever-enraging scouse fool on SS. According to him there are more stewards than fans...pathetic if true.

Phil Thompson saying Kean will be very happy as only a handful of protestors after the game....

:angry2:

Today has been a complete disaster, the plane aside.

I feel for Simon and Glen who have done everything in their power to facilitate the protest. How can you NOT protest after what's happened with Rovers the last 12 months? :angry:

Just got back - only saw about 10 balloons, and there were far less protestors than the Spurs game - 400 at best at 5.10 when I left.

Think we've got to accept that the majority of Rovers fans are apathetic and would rather wait for something to happen than try and force the issue. They either blindly support Kean or just don't care enough.

Personally I'm resigned to Kean staying and taking us down.

He will not be sacked while the players are playing for him and the same sentiment can be used for the fans that wont protest, as long as they see the players putting in a shift and trying they will not turn on the manager.

I said before the majority of fans do not follow twitter and messageboards they just go to the match, watch the team, if the team plays well they will cheer if they play bad they will boo and that is just how it is.

A lot of people haven't protested because of the Gestapo type tactics. Taking banners from people and forced to leave to pick then up later. Disgusting. I'm surprised every fan wasn't gagged by a steward on entry through the turnstiles.

Subduing the protests worked it seems. And now we know what kind of people we are dealing with, and it confirms what Steve Kean is.

I hate everything that the club has become since Venkys took over.

But Kean says it's okay because at some point we will go in an unbeaten run (Radio Rovers)..

Archived