BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

My view remains the same, the next half dozen matches and then decide. My opinion only based on a view that we have performed well against some very good teams lately without getting the results. Norwich was a freak end to the game but we have some very winnable games coming up. I really don't think changing the management team at this point will help, I know that it upsets a few people that I think that way but don't read into that that I am a blind Kean supporter. But very pragmatic and hopeful.

So do you think that if the next 6 games were to go badly, the majority would turn against him?

We have some very winnable games coming up, but I believe we have a lame duck manager.

In any case all of this is very academic as I believe he'll stay, regardless of how bad things get. At least you've laid out your feelings and I do understand that you're not a deluded Keanite, but someone who reasons that there is no clear best situation from this point.

To be honest, I think we are already down unless we get a really good manager in and spend a lot of money in January.

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

There always seems to be a small contingent who don't know when to call it quits. The same happened with Paul Ince, people felt he deserved more time. If those people were in charge then, we would have been relegated.

So how ANYONE can still back Steve Kean and allow him more games to cut us adrift, I do not know. And don't use the 'Venky's won't sack him' argument. That's no excuse for your stance.

• Backroom

A sad, sad day for Rovers and their supporters.

We are going down and apart from two or three hundred at the end, the rest can't be @rsed.

Hats off to Glen & Simon for all their efforts.

I genuine rhink that, on the whole, Rovers' supporters do not deserve a PL team. Really devoid of passion as they allow our club to be, IMO, destryoed by Venky's & Kean.

We are going down with barely a whimper. BRFC RIP.

People care, a lot of people also think the protests to be pointless.

I haven't joined any of the protests, I appluad anyone that does as they feel they are doing what is right and I absolutley support them in that but my personal view is the owners wont be swayed by the fans so it may be a fruitless exercise. I absolutely agree that Glen and Simon deserve credit for doing their utmost with what they believe.

I just hate this current mindset of if a person doesn't do what others feel is right then they are made a target of.

I also think its unfair to imply that fans who don't protest don't deserve a PL team.

Playing Devils Advocate for a moment (not an opinion more a query) does anyone think the pre organised nature of the protests could have a negative impact? What I mean is because they have been a regualr occurance could it take away from more organic and freeform protests?

My view remains the same, the next half dozen matches and then decide. My opinion only based on a view that we have performed well against some very good teams lately without getting the results. Norwich was a freak end to the game but we have some very winnable games coming up. I really don't think changing the management team at this point will help, I know that it upsets a few people that I think that way but don't read into that that I am a blind Kean supporter. But very pragmatic and hopeful.

We had all this from you in the second half of last season and we escaped by the skin of our teeth.

6 wins in 32 PL games, 1 in 11 this season despite, playing well, you claim. Goodness knows what will happen if we hit a stick patch !!!!!

You just don't get it, leave it any longer and it will be too late.

Just like thousands of other Rovers' supporters need to do - WAKE-UP AND SMELL THE BLOODY COFFEE !!!

Playing Devils Advocate for a moment (not an opinion more a query) does anyone think the pre organised nature of the protests could have a negative impact? What I mean is because they have been a regualr occurance could it take away from more organic and freeform protests?

Yes, the vicious and spontaneous chanting at 3-0 down against City hit the spot more than anything before or since.

My lad wasn't allowed his banner back and the security staff were arrogant ! Not being allowed to the players entrance is more Gestapo tactics . Roverinsider I didn't mention aggro you did but peaceful protests are not working.

My Take on things:

1. We played one of the big 4 who brought around 5000 fans, which gave a total of just 21000, that is an awful attendance just 16000 home fans,

2. People started going with abour 15 minutes to go, come full time I would say half the home crowd had gone (Real fans? Going to beat the traffic? Can't be going cos they don't like the Manager because they didnt speak out.

3. I saw a few chat Kean out in second half, and was ejected for doing so, so firstly no banners followed by no freedom of speech. It was a discrace how the club by silencing people and imposing what you can and can't do against the human rights act, they have got fans turning on each other and fans being thrown out.

4. When the plane came it was a visual statement and we continued to support the team

5. The Balloon and T-shirts did not work in terms of protests as not enough brought balloons and they was being popped by stewards as qucik as they came out.

6. We have lost AGAIN, Chelsea played poorly and won, that is the sign of a well oiled machine.

7. 17 games without a clean sheet,

8. 1 win in 11 league games

9. lost 5 out of 6 at home

10. Spoke with Jack Straw at the game and he said he would be in contact this week

11. Numbers where much less at the sit in protests as people are losing interest in Rovers and bemused at the owners attitude towards fans

12. Had fans coming upto me giving me money I have never met in my life, A guy called Tom who was in his 50's came over and said he wishes to contribute towards campaign and just handed over £50, I gave this to simon to put in the remainder of the fund.

I will spend the next couple of days reflecting on todays events, Very low on morale by the constant excuses being made by Kean and fans, whilst the club has made it quite clear they don't care about their paying fans,

Been another sad day as a rover supporters

• Backroom

3. I saw a few chat Kean out in second half, and was ejected for doing so, so firstly no banners followed by no freedom of speech. It was a discrace how the club by silencing people and imposing what you can and can't do against the human rights act, they have got fans turning on each other and fans being thrown out.

That's shocking stuff!

People care, a lot of people also think the protests to be pointless.

I haven't joined any of the protests, I appluad anyone that does as they feel they are doing what is right and I absolutley support them in that but my personal view is the owners wont be swayed by the fans so it may be a fruitless exercise. I absolutely agree that Glen and Simon deserve credit for doing their utmost with what they believe.

I just hate this current mindset of if a person doesn't do what others feel is right then they are made a target of.

I also think its unfair to imply that fans who don't protest don't deserve a PL team.

Good points Tom. The trouble with organic protests is that people can get caught up in the emotion and it can lead to the lunatic element taking charge.

Ironic that the polite nature of the protests have been sensitive to the sensibilities of many of the hand-sitting fans yet those same fans are still criticising them as being mindless morons.

Ironic, eh?

Seems like it is time for the protests to stop for a while. They have run aground, and have lost direction. The simple reason for this is that Venky's just don't care. Fans are arguing amongst themselves. And.......NOTHING CHANGES! It needs a spontaneous uprising from the Rovers fans, as happened against Wigan all that time ago, as the organised nature of the protests is not getting enough numbers involved.

A plane has been hired, there have been marches, banners, after-game protests...and still they have not budged. With two away games coming up, time for the protestors to take a step back and rethink things thorugh, and their strategy.

My Take on things:

[/b]

5. The Balloon and T-shirts did not work in terms of protests as not enough brought balloons and they was being popped by stewards as qucik as they came out.

6. We have lost AGAIN, Chelsea played poorly and won, that is the sign of a well oiled machine.

10. Spoke with Jack Straw at the game and he said he would be in contact this week

12. Had fans coming upto me giving me money I have never met in my life, A guy called Tom who was in his 50's came over and said he wishes to contribute towards campaign and just handed over £50, I gave this to simon to put in the remainder of the fund.

I will spend the next couple of days reflecting on todays events, Very low on morale by the constant excuses being made by Kean and fans, whilst the club has made it quite clear they don't care about their paying fans,

If people were thrown out for shouting Kean out, that is against the law and one point we should play on, the country will not stand for peoples rights to shout opinions, the club, stewards and owners should be brought to task for this, both legally and morally, as for busting ballonns, stupid bloody Indian Prats!!

My Take on things:

1. We played one of the big 4 who brought around 5000 fans, which gave a total of just 21000, that is an awful attendance just 16000 home fans,

2. People started going with abour 15 minutes to go, come full time I would say half the home crowd had gone (Real fans? Going to beat the traffic? Can't be going cos they don't like the Manager because they didnt speak out.

4. When the plane came it was a visual statement and we continued to support the team

11. Numbers where much less at the sit in protests as people are losing interest in Rovers and bemused at the owners attitude towards fans

Watching on TV there were lots of empty seats around Ewood. Chelsea always have a good away following so Rovers fan base was down a lot today.

I have never understood how fans can leave so early especially when the score was still 0-1.

The appalling behaviour of the stewards is I think a sad indictment of the Owners and Kean - they will have been told to subdue all protests in the ground. As Kean runs the show he will have been behind that approach.

The plane idea worked well - it made worldwide press and was on the live Premier League TV game transmission that I saw here in Bangkok. I'm sure it will make all the UK Sunday press. Apparently Kean is the only person who didn't see it.

You are spot on - Chelsea were poor. Whilst Rovers played quite well we still lost to a poor Chelsea who should have scored a second but Torres wanted another contender in for Miss of the Season.

Where we the Raos? Were they meant to be at the game or was that just rumour? Or were they in the safety of a VIP box?

You and all the other organisers have done great.

The plane idea worked well - it made worldwide press and was on the live Premier League TV game transmission that I saw here in Bangkok. I'm sure it will make all the UK Sunday press. Apparently Kean is the only person who didn't see it.

in fairness, I think Wenger missed it too.

So do you think that if the next 6 games were to go badly, the majority would turn against him?

We have some very winnable games coming up, but I believe we have a lame duck manager.

In any case all of this is very academic as I believe he'll stay, regardless of how bad things get. At least you've laid out your feelings and I do understand that you're not a deluded Keanite, but someone who reasons that there is no clear best situation from this point.

To be honest, I think we are already down unless we get a really good manager in and spend a lot of money in January.

I do think that if the results are bad after the next six games even the Raos will turn against Kean. I couldn't see me supporting his retention then.

My hope is that Kean turns the corner and that the owners support a striker signing in January.

I got my phone out to take a picture of the plane. Within a few minutes I was confronted by a female steward telling me I couldn't. I explained that it's my right to document whatever I wish, I hadn't seen anything quite like what I was witnessing, and I wasn't filming the actual game. She said Sky pay good money for the rights to cover games. I explained politely that with all due respect, I don't think me pointing my phone at the clouds was going to put Sky out of business.

But she just wouldn't let it lie, trying to get me to argue with her. Some of the fans, even ones who were against the plane going over stuck up for me saying it should be everyone's right to use their phone to grab a picture, or film it. Then I could hear people from further back shouting quite angrily to leave me alone.

It was only then that she cleared off as she could see she was inciting the crowd. I've got a sinking feeling that had the other fans not taken offense on my behalf I would have been ejected. The way she stood in front of me obscuring my view of the game (NOT filming or taking pictures), repeating herself and pushing me to respond I do wonder what she was trying to achieve.

I later saw this woman picking fights with other people, at least it's not just me I thought!

I remember a time when going to games, the only trouble was from opposition fans and the stewards were there to be helpful and were friendly.

That's what our club has come to sadly :(

I got my phone out to take a picture of the plane. Within a few minutes I was confronted by a female steward telling me I couldn't. I explained that it's my right to document whatever I wish, I hadn't seen anything quite like what I was witnessing, and I wasn't filming the actual game. She said Sky pay good money for the rights to cover games. I explained politely that with all due respect, I don't think me pointing my phone at the clouds was going to put Sky out of business.

But she just wouldn't let it lie, trying to get me to argue with her. Some of the fans, even ones who were against the plane going over stuck up for me saying it should be everyone's right to use their phone to grab a picture, or film it. Then I could hear people from further back shouting quite angrily to leave me alone.

It was only then that she cleared off as she could see she was inciting the crowd. I've got a sinking feeling that had the other fans not taken offense on my behalf I would have been ejected. The way she stood in front of me obscuring my view of the game (NOT filming or taking pictures), repeating herself and pushing me to respond I do wonder what she was trying to achieve.

I later saw this woman picking fights with other people, at least it's not just me I thought!

I remember a time when going to games, the only trouble was from opposition fans and the stewards were there to be helpful and were friendly.

Did she have a woolly hat on?

I do think that if the results are bad after the next six games even the Raos will turn against Kean. I couldn't see me supporting his retention then. My hope is that Kean turns the corner and that the owners support a striker signing in January.

I hope ROVERS turn the corner and the next 6 games gives us a chance to do that. It realy is a major period for Rovers to try to salvage the season.

They are all actually winnable games and whilst that's hardly likely to happen the truth is we are playing ok and will be in with a shout in those upcoming games.

I digress but the only corner I want Kean to turn is into a brickwall when he gets his DL back. I know I shouldn't say it but it doesn't come close to the crap he spouts.

This and other incidents that have occurred today need to be sent as official complaints to the club , the Lancashire Football Association and the Premier League. They also need to be sent as letters to local papers and the nationals.

Unfortunately there is a disease spreading through every part of the club and its starting from the top down, this is not my Blackburn Rovers anymore but I'm hanging in there and feel it's a very step downward spiral.

i think if it was aimed more towards venkys they would get more support. i may be wrong but venkys need to answer a lot more than kean does imo. everything they have done since taking over has been a farce

I have been saying this for weeks, we need to focus on the spineless Venkys

pathetic post. of course people care.

people have different views on who is to blame

So who exactly is to blame then please?

The only effective protest appears to be to boycott.

The downside is that few will return.

This and other incidents that have occurred today need to be sent as official complaints to the club , the Lancashire Football Association and the Premier League. They also need to be sent as letters to local papers and the nationals.

Unfortunately there is a disease spreading through every part of the club and its starting from the top down, this is not my Blackburn Rovers anymore but I'm hanging in there and feel is a very step downward spiral.

I suspect a lot of very paranoid memo's are being shifted around leading to over the top stewarding.

Let's face it what happened to me wasn't that much of a big deal, just completely unnecessary (though it would have been if I'd been ejected). But if I had been the reactionary type it could easily have turned nasty due to the fact she wouldn't go away, and I didn't know what she wanted me to do. Apologize? Hand over my phone? Ask her out to dinner? Leave?

I even heard someone behind me saying... "He's not one of them bloody protestors is he?" When all I was doing was trying to grab a snap of one of the strangest things I've ever witnessed at a football match. So thanks to that lady I was singled out, well done to that lady. I'm sure my seat number was noted.

It was more the feeling she was TRYING to make more of it and draw me into a full on argument that was the worrying aspect. The fact that a member of staff came over causing trouble, bothers me immensely. In all the years I've been a season ticket holder it's never happened before.

And yes she was wearing a woolly hat.

I love Venkys and Steve Kean, they make my visits to BRFC that much more pleasurable.

I have been saying this for weeks, we need to focus on the spineless Venkys

So who exactly is to blame then please?

The only effective protest appears to be to boycott.

The downside is that few will return.

ALL attention has to go on the owners, and very quickly, they can run and hide, but if it means me cancelling xmas to get on a plane, to go and get the answers we seek, then so be it.

Things are desperate at the moment and as each day goes by things get worse

My Take on things:

Its sad to read Glen,I saw you from my seat in N04 and you looked very dejected tbh.Sadly, despite your efforts and of others it does appear the protests are dying a death,have the Venky's even bothered to acknowledge this is happening at Ewood?...they quite frankly dont give a ######.

The lunatics have well and truly taken over the Ewood Park circus.I mentioned how there was a bit of a set to in N04 at the Spurs game...had the misfortune to overhear one of the p1llocks involved bragging how he had written to the club to have those anti-Kean protesters removed....those blokes were not in their usual seats today.

:angry:

ALL attention has to go on the owners, and very quickly, they can run and hide, but if it means me cancelling xmas to get on a plane, to go and get the answers we seek, then so be it.

Things are desperate at the moment and as each day goes by things get worse

Glen, more than happy to travel to Pune to challenge the Rao's to a discussion about Rovers.......and pay for my own airfare and hotel.

Archived