BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

As I’ve already mentioned I didn’t go today, the decision by the club to stop people bringing banners into the ground was the reason, pathetic, disgusting and out of order. I can understand the reasoning from the managers point of view, negativity and all that, but the fans have a right to voice opinions, we live in a democracy and Newsham, Kean and Agnew have removed that right which is again disgusting, and I for one am seriously considering not going again until the lot of them are removed.

I often harp on about the old days when you left the ground at the final whistle and marched down Nutall street to vent your frustrations, no organisation, no talking to the press or police just pure protest from the heart about the club you loved at that moment. Occasionally you got a kicking from the police, you smashed a couple of windows, but all in all your feelings were put forward and everyone went home with a feeling of satisfaction.

Now we’ve got a bunch of detracted fools telling us we have no right to protest, we have no right to raise banners in the ground and the local police are sticking cameras in peoples faces, treating them like criminals...

What has happened to our club? A working class club from a small mill town in Lancashire? Transformed by its number one son Jack Walker and torn down in 12 months by some idiots 4000 miles away, backed up by tea boy of a press officer and Mr Newsham who should resign for backing a plan to remove people and banners on the grounds of safety.

They've no sacked the manager, ok I accept that, but to silence the protest is nothing short of criminal, they'll regret their actions in years to come, I'm sure of that.

Bunch of complete and utter *******

Agnew was organising mascot pictures 2 seasons ago, now he thinks hes running the show.

Newsham has done a decent job in his current role over the years, but should hang his head in shame at the no banner rule.

Kean - well enough said.

No plus's left, but this would get loads from me, if i could give them

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And me, you are bang on Gav.

I've always had such pride in this football club, as much as I have been disillusioned with the wider game, I always felt the Rovers did things differently, that we were really part of something.

No more, now the fanbase is in pieces and drifting away in droves, we no longer do what football clubs exist to do- win matches, we have a master manipulator as manager who has succeeded in his plan to divide and conquer and owners rulng by diktat thousands of miles away.

Gutted.

Well that was a productive conversation with Rovers_78989765785577 or whatever his bloody name is. Called him out for the bull he's spouting and he goes off on one via PM (big man you are).

Let me guess, it was in perfectly good English, not the broken, pigeon English that he's using to disguise the fact he's talking bullocks. Now is not the time to be playing with people, emotions are running a bit high.

• Backroom

Genuinely good luck to whoever goes out there but having seen Balajis body guard and entourage if he doesn't want to talk to you then you wont be talking to them. Although I believe if you went out there he would want to listen to what you had to say.

I doubt it would change anything sadly as Glenn said earlier we have had that feeling but it's worth a go.

• Backroom

Why the hell does Balaji need a body guard?...makes you bloody wonder doesn't it :rock:

Because he's a millionaire and a bit of a celebrity type over there, most rich and 'famous' people have them I would think.

Because he's a millionaire and a bit of a celebrity type over there, most rich and 'famous' people have them I would think.

He'd need a squad of them outside Ewood if he shows his face anytime soon. Well he must have had a squad of them as Amit was present today wasn't he Rovers_789?

As I’ve already mentioned I didn’t go today, the decision by the club to stop people bringing banners into the ground was the reason, pathetic, disgusting and out of order. I can understand the reasoning from the managers point of view, negativity and all that, but the fans have a right to voice opinions, we live in a democracy and Newsham, Kean and Agnew have removed that right which is again disgusting, and I for one am seriously considering not going again until the lot of them are removed.

I often harp on about the old days when you left the ground at the final whistle and marched down Nutall street to vent your frustrations, no organisation, no talking to the press or police just pure protest from the heart about the club you loved at that moment. Occasionally you got a kicking from the police, you smashed a couple of windows, but all in all your feelings were put forward and everyone went home with a feeling of satisfaction.

Now we’ve got a bunch of detracted fools telling us we have no right to protest, we have no right to raise banners in the ground and the local police are sticking cameras in peoples faces, treating them like criminals...

What has happened to our club? A working class club from a small mill town in Lancashire? Transformed by its number one son Jack Walker and torn down in 12 months by some idiots 4000 miles away, backed up by tea boy of a press officer and Mr Newsham who should resign for backing a plan to remove people and banners on the grounds of safety.

They've not sacked the manager, ok I accept that, but to silence the protest is nothing short of criminal, they'll regret their actions in years to come, I'm sure of that.

Agnew was organising mascot pictures 2 seasons ago, now he thinks hes running the show.

Newsham has done a decent job in his current role over the years, but should hang his head in shame at the no banner rule.

Kean - well enough said.

Well said Gav--------and I don't say that often!

I agree and I'm with you on this, If I have to sell my car to get there so be it, if they won't come to us then we will go to them

You think Rovers need your car more than your wife and family do? Get a grip!

You can't sacrifice your life to keep Rovers up.

They've not sacked the manager, ok I accept that, but to silence the protest is nothing short of criminal, they'll regret their actions in years to come, I'm sure of that.

Kean - well enough said.

Best post you've ever written on here Gav, not that I've checked every one. Very sad opening sentences though that you feel you cannot go to see the team you've supported since you were a boy. Very sad indeed. Hold your head in shame Venkys.

• Backroom

Kean - well enough said.

It's disgusting GAV. I find it very difficult to support the club in its present condition. I will ALWAYS love Blackburn Rovers and everything the club used to represent - but right now the club represents something I really don't want to be a part of. It epitomises everything corrupt and nasty about modern football.

In short, Venky's have stolen our club from us... and it really doesn't seem like there's anything we can do to get it back.

I don't think any Rovers fan is happy at the current situation, whatever position they stand regarding the protests. One win in the first 11 games is obviously appalling, at any time.

However, Venky's own us and our only real hopes rely on them sorting us out and honouring their obligations, as well as their promises.

For those who wanted rid of the Walker Trust, as much as those who wanted rid of Allardyce, be careful what you wish for. Just because one thing happens that you might want, it does not necessarily follow that their replacement will be what you were hoping for. In fact, it could be a damn sight worse...

Luckily, Kean is so bloody sh!te that the rule doesn't apply to him...

Gav - I take my hat off to you for that superb post that encapsulates, I am sure, what the majority of true Rovers' supporters feel.

Venky's, Kean, Anderson, Newsham et al, hang your heads in shame for, IMO, you have destroyed an old and famous football club dating back to 1875 inside one horrible, horrible year.

I think a 4th protest in as many home games without Kean getting sacked has now just jaded a lot of people because Steve Kean is still in charge. While its heartbreaking that our club appears to be in the hands of clueless numpties who are not showing their faces at home games I have to admit that I didn't attend the sit in today because I had a bonfire and fireworks display to get to.

Unfortunately I wasn't really up for the whole protest thing anyway because I don't really know how I feel about the club anymore because I can't relate to the people who are running it. They don't come to the games, they seem to have no idea what a good premiership manager is made of, they put their faith in a football agent, and now amongst a host of other things we have loyal and hardworking fans (part of the family according to Vankatesh Rao) who are now banned from having the right to voice their opinions.

Is it so much to ask for that the brothers attend the majority of home games and Mrs D comes to one home game a month or something? It really saddens me to look to where the owners would be sitting and seeing a row of empty seats above the tunnel.

Its sad times for the club to witness the current events. Especially on its anniversary today.

I think a 4th protest in as many home games without Kean getting sacked has now just jaded a lot of people because Steve Kean is still in charge. While its heartbreaking that our club appears to be in the hands of clueless numpties who are not showing their faces at home games I have to admit that I didn't attend the sit in today because I had a bonfire and fireworks display to get to.

Unfortunately I wasn't really up for the whole protest thing anyway because I don't really know how I feel about the club anymore because I can't relate to the people who are running it. They don't come to the games, they seem to have no idea what a good premiership manager is made of, they put their faith in a football agent, and now amongst a host of other things we have loyal and hardworking fans (part of the family according to Vankatesh Rao) who are now banned from having the right to voice their opinions.

Is it so much to ask for that the brothers attend the majority of home games and Mrs D comes to one home game a month or something? It really saddens me to look to where the owners would be sitting and seeing a row of empty seats above the tunnel.

Its sad times for the club to witness the current events. Especially on its anniversary today.

Absolutely spot on :brfc:

Glen do yourself a favour and remove yourself from anything Rovers for the next few days.

BRFC is no longer the team I started supporting over 20 years ago. Ewood Park uses to be a heaven on earth for me and I cherished every second of every game I attended. These days despite having a season ticket I can't see bringing myself to attend another game under the current regime.

The whole club from top to bottom used to have a local, family type feel to it. Nowadays, it resembles a cold shell of it's former self with airport style security and a manager who is so far removed from the fans and the real world he might as well spend every weekend in Pune.

R.I.P. Blackburn Rovers F.C.

"Answer me, why won't you answer me?

I can't recall the day that I last heard from you

Well you don't get a town like this for nothing

So here's what you've got to do

You work your way to the top of the world

Then you break your life in two

Well what's the use in complaining

When you've got what you don't need

Anyone would think you were hard done to

What do you want me to believe?"

New Order

Gav - I take my hat off to you for that superb post that encapsulates, I am sure, what the majority of true Rovers' supporters feel.

Inspired by Gavs post.

http://www.brfcs.co.uk/mb/index.php/topic/25617-the-photoshop-thread-not-safe-for-work/page__view__findpost__p__1171242

Understandably a lot of concern here, but I'll forever be Blackburn Rovers. Venky's, Kean, Anderson, Agnew, Clement and whoever else are all temporary. Passing through.

The fight of people on here proves to me that we will come out of it the other side, even of that means startung again through the Championship.

I'm angry, but resilient.

Archived