BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] BRFC vs. Chelsea Protest Details

Silittl

I feel venkys are now on the run big time, no media announcements.. Sadly I think it's all Anderson now.. I'm starting to feel venkys are wondering what the hell they have done and how they have found themselves in this situation..

The really sad thing is I have a feeling the kean contract is so juicy they can't afford to sack..

All the banner ban and the like I suspect had nothing to do with venkys, which made the plane so so perfect..

Funny how 7 players on the pitch today are under 23, Mr Jerome is looking to make millions selling..

Interesting month ahead, keep the faith I feel as this one is nearly won..

• Replies 1.3k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

A lot of beer behind that post.. Lol, but I do feel venkys will bite the bullet and do what they know they have too.. Cut there losses and start again.. It might be championship next year which I damn well hope not.. But I think we will be alright..

Kean out..

I think there's s few reasons why not many could be bothered protesting after the game. Firstly we played pretty well, I know that won't keep us up but had ee got battered 5-0 more people would have been in the mood to protest. Then there's the fact that the past few have just fallen on deaf ears, its boring and pointless just standing there chanting when only the stewards are taking note. Another small factor is people had bonfires to go to.

"Answer me, why won't you answer me?

I can't recall the day that I last heard from you

Well you don't get a town like this for nothing

So here's what you've got to do

You work your way to the top of the world

Then you break your life in two

Well what's the use in complaining

When you've got what you don't need

Anyone would think you were hard done to

What do you want me to believe?"

New Order

Your Silent Face - for Venky's

A thought that never changes

Remains a stupid lie

It's never been quite the same

No hearing or breathing

No movement, no colors

Just silence

Rise and fall of shame

A search that shall remain

We asked you what you'd seen

You said you didn't care

Sound formed in a vacuum

May seem a waste of time

It's always been just the same

No hearing or breathing

No movement no lyrics

Just nothing

The sign that leads the way

The path we can not take

You've caught me at a bad time

So why don't you pi$$ off

Do not be fooled by the "its only a minority" who are protesting crap!

There is somewhere in the region of 4-5000 Rovers supporters "protesting" with their feet every other week.

That is an alarming number and very worrying to say the least.

I'd like to know who ordered no banners to be brought into the stadium, I'd imagine Venkys had no idea about the directive. I'd also imagine they had no idea about the music being turned up to drown out the protests at the last home game either.

If someone could find out this information, and be happy to share it, I for one would appreciate it.

There is somewhere in the region of 4-5000 Rovers supporters "protesting" with their feet every other week.

Very true T, very true.

Can you imagine if things don't change come next summer? Last time we went down I couldn't wait to renew my season ticket, siege mentality and all that, but the way I feel now I'd not renew even if Premiership football was on offer.

As you say, very worrying and people are making a statement, they’ll make an even bigger one by not renewing season tickets I’m sure.

If protests aren't having the impact what else is there to do? If, as some have said, it's the players keeping the manager in a job, then perhaps it's time to try to get access to one or two of them and find out what's happening inside?

Hoilett apparently disinterested yesterday and looking for a move away? He'd be a great one to try to gain frank access to, it might be that he'd be willing to share some of the other players feelings on the manager?

Of course what we're being told might well be accurate, Kean is one of the boys and none of the players dislike him or his way of working?

Just a thought...

• Backroom

It's not the fact that protests aren't doing anything maybe more a point of pre mediated organised protests are turning people off.

These things need to be spontaneous to have real impact or verve to them.

The chants for Ince to be sacked at Wigan were far more damning than any of this stuff.

I personally think enough is enough and a new angle is needed as its dividing the fans more, against City many people around me agreed with the booing of Kean as he sat back and did nothing, yesterday those same people were furious at fans cheering the plane etc and heard a few people comment that we are playing into their hands (whoever they are) and contributing to the club being a laughing stock.

Glen and Simon have done a good job but I think it to be best for them and everyone if they were to sit back a bit now but it's almost like as figureheads they feel obliged to push it further, glen even mentioning he would sell his car to go to India.

I think many more only attend because they have a season ticket, myself included.

Easy to blame the Venky's or Kean. Numerous reasons - everyone wants to follow a successful team, economic times, general apathy towards football greed - and maybe for the odd few being put off by the protests themselves.

• Moderation Lead

Ditto. Although for some reason I happily handed over cash for my wigan ticket after the game, just can't stay away.

+1. I also plan to dish out cash for Cardiff away on a Tuesday night....

Personally I think Rovers fans are pretty realistic, and dont really to have expected us to get anything from home games against City, Spurs and Chelsea. As recent performances have been improved and we were very unlucky to win against Norwich, some are more willing to give the manager time.

The next 2-3 games I think will make the difference for these fans, as if we dont convert the decent performances into wins against the likes of Wigan and Swansea then the majority will turn away from Kean again.

Glen / Simon, I'd suggest leaving anymore protests for now, and lets see if more organic protests in the ground occur, as I think they will.

Ditto. Although for some reason I happily handed over cash for my wigan ticket after the game, just can't stay away.

Im the same. Wigan and Cardiff bought (and not yet paid for), after Norwich last week.

Still makes me angry going though. Its actually turning into an unpleasant experience in the BBE these days. Having to physically intervene at full time between two people could have been the final straw.

The main problem I can see with this attitude of "Give him another 3-6 games, we are turning the corner" is this:

1- I'm not buying into this 'We have turned the corner' at all when you look deep down at the overall performances. Rovers still look a shambles defensively and a "We know we can't defend but we will try and score more than you" mentality is futile. Has there been any sides flirting relegation with this mentality and have they managed to stay up? I don't think so.

2- We still aren't picking up points. When your in the ###### it's results that matter most.

3- Look at Kean's record overall and you must be insane to think he can turn it around. The most damning indication of that is in 32 league games under Kean Rovers have never won two league games in a row. There is nothing to suggest whatsoever that he can suddenly change this and let's face it we are going to have to win several games in a row to survive.

People need to stop coming out with this BS about we have turned the corner because we haven't and will not under Kean.

Easy to blame the Venky's or Kean. Numerous reasons - everyone wants to follow a successful team, economic times, general apathy towards football greed - and maybe for the odd few being put off by the protests themselves.

Could also be the fact that the club did everything in their power to stop them.

"You cannot march pre-match"

"You cannot chant anything derogatory about Kim Jong-Il... Sorry we mean Steve Kean. Or you will be ejected."

"You must hand your banners in, then after the game go out and collect them, then go back in."

Now be nice, sit quietly, and enjoy watching the nice men destroying your club.

• Backroom

Im the same. Wigan and Cardiff bought (and not yet paid for), after Norwich last week.

Still makes me angry going though. Its actually turning into an unpleasant experience in the BBE these days. Having to physically intervene at full time between two people could have been the final straw.

Your telling me! Imagine having a shouty angry bloke just behind you :P

It's pretty straightforward why more people aren't protesting. We are playing pretty well, better than we have done in quite a long time.

In the face of that it is hard to get people whipped up into protesting. You look at the performances against Norwich, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea and we have looked a very decent side.

The only way for the worm to turn is when we start playing badly. That's only logical to be honest.

A change in tactics is probably needed if the protests are to continue. The plane was a nice idea but I doubt it will have much effect in the end. Not sure what we could do as a group of fans to make a difference. We really do need Venky's to be at the home games to have any sort of impact.

I think the pre match marching and the sit ins should probably come to an end because they will never attract huge numbers and this seems to just result in the media joking about us. In an ideal World all Rovers fans would be united in wanting Kean out but its clear that based on the scuffles and the arguments ive witnessed in the last couple of home games its clear that the fans are divided, and then there are those fans that want Kean out but have their kids with them at the matches and don't want to get involved in any confrontational situations because of it.

Aside from kidnapping Steve Kean and locking him away the only thing I can think of that will make a difference is chanting for Keans head during a game if Rovers are getting beaten convincingly - Wigan away being the next game, I think if we come out of that with 0 points then I don't see how any Rovers fan can believe Kean will turn the corner.

It's pretty straightforward why more people aren't protesting. We are playing pretty well, better than we have done in quite a long time.

In the face of that it is hard to get people whipped up into protesting. You look at the performances against Norwich, Newcastle, Spurs and Chelsea and we have looked a very decent side.

The only way for the worm to turn is when we start playing badly. That's only logical to be honest.

So if we're rock bottom on the last day of the season, but we've put in decent performances all season long, it's illogical to be whipped up and protesting?

Up till yesterday the protests were getting bigger and bigger, then the club stopped the pre-match protest, banned banners inside the stadium and there were reports of people being kicked out for chanting things about the manager. Later on the fans who wanted to protest were further inconvenienced by having to go and retrieve their banners from a different area of the stadium.

The protest dwindles. Funny that.

But the reason is because we're playing well with only one win in eleven it seems.

The main problem I can see with this attitude of "Give him another 3-6 games, we are turning the corner" is this:

1- I'm not buying into this 'We have turned the corner' at all when you look deep down at the overall performances. Rovers still look a shambles defensively and a "We know we can't defend but we will try and score more than you" mentality is futile. Has there been any sides flirting relegation with this mentality and have they managed to stay up? I don't think so.

2- We still aren't picking up points. When your in the ###### it's results that matter most.

3- Look at Kean's record overall and you must be insane to think he can turn it around. The most damning indication of that is in 32 league games under Kean Rovers have never won two league games in a row. There is nothing to suggest whatsoever that he can suddenly change this and let's face it we are going to have to win several games in a row to survive.

People need to stop coming out with this BS about we have turned the corner because we haven't and will not under Kean.

1. Disagree - I think defensively we saw the midfield players - especially the wingers finally tracking back. I was particularly impressed by Formica and Rochina in this respect. Hoilett very much blotted an improved defensive performance by virtually allowing their right back to get in his cross - was far too easy for him. Against Norwich and Newcastle - we conceded either flukey goals or just excellent finishes.

2. Agree - this is my biggest fear.

3. I agree - but we now have a relatively new fitness coach as well as first team coach. Things have taken a marked improvement since Clement took over. I also think we have struggled to adapt to the loss of Jones - not just Phil but Jermaine. AT the moment Pedersen is filling the Jones role admirably and Nzonzi looks a better player as a result. If we could buy anyone in January it would be JJ.

I am the eternal optimist - and hope that we have turned the corner - but I wouldn't give him another 3-6 games. He has to start combining good performances with three points - or we will have to change. Lose at Wigan - and for me he would have to go - but I think the performances of late have given him (and the back room staff) the right to show against lower teams that we can pick up points.

Archived