BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

i don't think this will be straightforward at all. They've got some very good players but also some very clumsy players. They are the veterans at being at the bottom but remaining calm to get out of the mess or at least remain in control of their position throughout the season. I can easily see a 2-0 victory but can also see an outfought and outplayed 2-0 defeat.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

lowe is suspended

We need to go all out for the win here with attack!

With a few players out such as Samba and Lowe suspended, id like to see us line up something like this...

...........Robinson

..Salgado Dann Givet Olsson

Rochina Nzonzi Pedersen Hoillet

.......Roberts Yakubu

yes Roberts to start, he's got a good record against his old team and along with Yak up front with Rochina and Hoillet either side, that should cause them so problems... i hope

Dunn & Formica can make an impact in the 2nd half...

3-1 win, but if we dont beat Wigan then i'd love to see Kean get sacked.

Robinson

Salgado Dann Givet Olsson

Pedersen NZonzi

Simon Formica Junior

Rochina

For me.

The key bits are:

Junior cant play RM/RW/RF, because Salgado is at RB.

Pedersen must start over Petrovic.

Roberts can't have any role.

Hopefully I have somewhere to watch this game in Italy. Anyone know if it would be shown on TV over there??

I am really confident that we can notch up a win here. DW hasn't been kind to us over the years, but I think we can get a result here.

Huge shame we're missing Samba, he would tear Wigan's prissy defence apart.

Just got my ticket in the post. I am travelling to this game in hope (the result ensures Kean is sacked) rather than expectation (the result ensures that Keans is given a new contract and relegation looms).

I expect a draw and in view of what has happened this week I would not be surprised if a new deal for Kean is announced next week.

Going on the train for this one, anybody care to enlighten me as to the closeness of the train station to the ground (red robin pub first obv!) :D

From Wigan Wallgate the ground is about a mile walk. There's various ways to go but not easy to show on google because its down footpaths and that. Anyway this is probably the easiest way.

http://g.co/maps/fwmxd

Once you've followed the road round, turn right at the derelict pub and then it will turn into the canal footpath. Just keep following it all the way to the ground.

The red robin pub is the other side of the DW on Anjou Boulevard.

• Moderation Lead

From Wigan Wallgate the ground is about a mile walk. There's various ways to go but not easy to show on google because its down footpaths and that. Anyway this is probably the easiest way.

http://g.co/maps/fwmxd

Once you've followed the road round, turn right at the derelict pub and then it will turn into the canal footpath. Just keep following it all the way to the ground.

The red robin pub is the other side of the DW on Anjou Boulevard.

Cheers, will be my 3rd visit, but only the second proper day out as it were.

Failing the walk (cheers for the link), guess I can just get a taxi! :D

Cheers, will be my 3rd visit, but only the second proper day out as it were.

Failing the walk (cheers for the link), guess I can just get a taxi! :D

Taxis will be fine before the game, I wouldn't even consider it coming back - the place is a total gridlock after the game.

On that route I've shown you, you will pass the Orwell pub which is not bad for pre/post match either.

You said you don't care not me fella .

You said you want us to lose not me

I obviously *DO* care if I'm still posting here.

There's bigger concerns right now than whether we can beat Wigan. The result's irrelevant because Kean's here to stay, and that means relegation. So what does it matter?

Loads of people already asked this so i thought id join in... Any news on ticket sales?

I went in for tickets the other day and from what bloke in front of me was saying there was a 1,000ish left so therefore 3,500 sold. On the one hand it’s a poor do if we can’t sell 4,500 tickets for this one but on the other hand I’m surprised than many want to go with the current ill feeling towards the club.

Can’t exactly vouch for the reliability of a complete strangers info so that may be well off the mark. Could be nearly sold out or only 500 gone. With the club secrecy on all matters these days will have to wait and see.

Really looking forward to the game. Think there is a big argument to get Hoilett further up the pitch for this one so he can float behind Yak. Looking for a win.

Robinson

Lowe---Samba—Givet---Olsson

Rochina---Nzonzi---Pedersen---Vukcevic

Hoilett

Yakubu

Lowe is suspended.

Archived