BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

Lawro's call - Prediction: 2-1 - let's hope he's wrong:

"A massive game, but a fact that will not be reflected in the size of the crowd on display.

In the north west we call this a 'towsy' game. It will be a dog eat dog affair, it won't be great football and there will be lots of tackles flying in with both sides really struggling to stay up this season.

Wigan have been on a horrid run but could have got a point at Wolves last time out and the fact that they do have to win may be the incentive they need to defend better.

Roberto Martinez could have jumped ship in the summer but didn't and his situation looks relatively calm when compared to Steve Kean at Blackburn.

Blackburn have been under less pressure away from home and have played better away from their home fans but I back Wigan to come out on top".

Yes we've played better away Mark, that why we've got our only win at home you clown. Towsy? Did he dream that? Never heard it before.

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

When we were relegated last time, it was only with a few months hindsight that I was able to look at the team and think " no wonder we went down! "

I`m looking at the current team and already thinking the same before xmas. The strikers we employ are shocking.

Dead right. Couple that with a defence that can't keep clean sheets and what you got?

Can never understand this.

If Samba was supposedly out for 6 weeks how can he be back to anywhere like fitness level now?

Asking for problems especially with hamstrings

Could it be a cause of rushing him back too quickly in desperation?

If Samba was supposedly out for 6 weeks how can he be back to anywhere like fitness level now?

Let's hope not, but yes it might be.

Absolutely agree.

If he 'does it properly' tomorrow as a result, he could be out for up to 3 months.

Madness, or IMO selfishness, to play him on the part of Kean.

I wonder if it had more to do with a senior player wanting Kean removed, Kissed and made up???

Could be that. Or could simply be that the initial estimate isn't always accurate. It's very hard to really tell how severe the injury is, unless it's really bad of course.

Are there tickets still available for this one?

Tickets are available at Ewood and I was advised that Wigan will be selling 'on the day' by ticket office staff. Big game for us, all of us should try and make it down and raise the roof, we need the points and I am feeling confident for a change - must alter my medication!

Could be that. Or could simply be that the initial estimate isn't always accurate. It's very hard to really tell how severe the injury is, unless it's really bad of course.

I would have said 6 weeks was pretty bad, but its only been 2 weeks - either that or we have really bad medical people? (did I really need to have asked that :lol: )

Maybe there is giveaway in Glen's post earlier

Absolutely agree.

If he 'does it properly' tomorrow as a result, he could be out for up to 3 months.

Madness, or IMO selfishness, to play him on the part of Kean.

I think to be fair to Kean - with the possible exception of Nelsen at Villa - he does tend to look after his players with regards to niggles and injuries. I take this news in one of two ways - he is fit to play or Kean is trying to put off Martinez as to what our line up will be. Samba is a key player for us - both at the back and in attack from set plays - so would influence how Wigan set up their tactics.

The scenario i'd like to see tomorrow is Rovers win, then at the end of the game, the Rovers crowd launch a verbal assault, showing their displeasure, towards the wee bullshitter Steve Kean.

2 wins in 12 is just as bad as 1 win in 11.

Archived