BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Wigan Athletic v Blackburn Rovers-Match Preview

Ozz

As much as I really dislike Kean, so no doubt if we win he will ruin my enjoyment on some level,

I do think Kean has picked the perfect team for the last two games.

Givet has been a big improvement on Dann

Lowe has been a big improvement on Salgado

Pedersen a big improvement on Petrovic

Olssen a big improvement on Givet at left back

Yakubu a big improvement on Roberts

So if he keeps the same team, I think we will win.

Losing Samba is a bit of a blow

• Replies 929
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Anyone thinking this is an easy game will be proved totally wrong IMO. Wigan know, just as we do, how important this game is.

Our failings - no striker worth his salt, plus a defence leaking goals every week [even with Samba and Lowe] - means a win will be very difficult.

3-1 Wigan.

Anyone thinking this is an easy game will be proved totally wrong IMO. Wigan know, just as we do, how important this game is.

Our failings - no striker worth his salt, plus a defence leaking goals every week [even with Samba and Lowe] - means a win will be very difficult.

3-1 Wigan.

Are you going Den? If yes fancy a pint in the Labour Club before hand.

Not got my ticket yet, but I am going. There will be either 1,2 or 3 of us.

Where's the labour club?

Newtown Labour Club (reet old fashioned type place)

156 Scott Lane

WN5 0UB

it is on the road behind Robin Park Road (Lane?), and about 8-10 mins walk from the ground. Very friendly and a cheap pint, also do Mild for owd codgers like you!

Bought my tickets today.

Yet again Wigan(a) is a pivotal game in our season, why does that always happen?

Every time I've been, 3 times, Rovers have sold a big allocation and have gone into the game in good form, only to be brought back down to earth by Wigan.

This one is more like the Ince game. Lose and Kean has to go, there can be no more 'we played well' excuses this time.

Our full backs are going to be tested so I hope Salgado is in half decent form.

Not sure where our goals are going to come from, the Yak doesn't look like he could hit a barn down at the minute.

A few beers pre match should be good though.

it is on the road behind Robin Park Road (Lane?), and about 8-10 mins walk from the ground. Very friendly and a cheap pint, also do Mild for owd codgers like you!

Well thanks a bunch.

It all depends on Baz and his mate PB. I'll contact you when I know more.

Well thanks a bunch.

It all depends on Baz and his mate PB. I'll contact you when I know more.

Den its behind the Police Station - you can cut down the side if walking.

If driving should be able to park around there somewhere.

PB do you always pop in there as we sometimes go in - The father in Law is a Wiganer and a regular there ?

Will more than likely be staying in town this Saturday though will be heading towards the Anvil and Ozz

Looking forward to it. Will be there with bobsterbrfc and his brother.

Assuming Samba misses out, my team would be

Robinson

Salgado - Dann - Givet - Olsson

Rochina - N'Zonzi - Pedersen - Hoilett

Formica

Yakubu

Nelsen, Dunn, Roberts, Bunn, Vukcevic, Goodwillie, Petrovic.

Time for Scott Dann to deliver a commanding performance at the back, and hopefully we get a bit of luck for a change!

Got my ticket for this one, my first Premier League game of the season. Last time I went to the DW to watch Rovers we sacked the manager the following Monday, here's to hoping.

Same for me, and what an absolutely dire performance that was too.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about this game? (or any Rovers game for that matter?)

There's so much chaos behind the scenes that the actual football has taken a backseat. Even if we win this game, it doesn't matter. We'll still be relegated under Kean. The entire situation is hopeless.

Am I the only one who doesn't give a crap about this game? (or any Rovers game for that matter?)

There's so much chaos behind the scenes that the actual football has taken a backseat. Even if we win this game, it doesn't matter. We'll still be relegated under Kean. The entire situation is hopeless.

I disagree , I am going and I want us to win ...I also want Kean out !!!! Maybe victory will keep him in a job for longer ..But we cannot afford to lose this game ..If we do I expect Kean to be sacked ..Ooops but I thought before ..

• Backroom

I think there will be some bother, last time I went to Wigan was the ince game and there was a lot of arguing between fans similar to recent times at ewood but worse. I can see it coming to a head again if there is a spark.

A game that I do not believe that we can afford to lose irrespective of who owns or manages the club. There might be no coming back from a defeat in any shape or form.

I don't think we will lose but unfortunately I don't think we will win.

An anticpated draw doesn't work for either team.

And you pop at me. Why come on here then if you don't care about rovers?

Archived