BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Indian Media

Ralfinho

From experience DNA is prominent in Pune, it was outside our hotel rooms each day and I saw adverts for it and it featured articles on the club.

Tom, as one of the ones that went across to India, what are your personal thoughts on the whole process now? I guess you were hopeful prior to and during the trip but must feel a tiny bit resentful now?

Do you feel you've been lied to? Or just given soothing assurances of the future? What's your current position on the owners/manager/et al?

• Replies 76
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • Backroom

Tom, as one of the ones that went across to India, what are your personal thoughts on the whole process now? I guess you were hopeful prior to and during the trip but must feel a tiny bit resentful now?

Do you feel you've been lied to? Or just given soothing assurances of the future? What's your current position on the owners/manager/et al?

I've said a few times how I feel about it all now but don't want to divert attention from the original topic. Whether we were lied to I just don't know maybe what Balaji wants doesn't matter.

Need to be careful that everything printed in any advert is 100% correct and can be backed up with recorded proof. Expressing opinions beyond those pertaining to the direction of the club should be a no-no. Calling the owners liars for instance is libelous and is unlikely to see the advert printed in any case. It won't be the supporters they sue.

I wouldn't think the Indian media would have any interest in Steve Kean. Venky's yes, definitely.

But its Venky's who put him in charge. It's their choice of a manager that has made the situation what it is now.

I know where you're coming from, but Venky's made these decision so it all interlinks.

Exactly,we need to highlight the difference between what they have said they were going to do and what they actually did.

Focus on the Judge us in a year statement.

Highlight all the broken promises (keeping management staff etc), respecting J walkers legacy.

Highlight the problems with the bank in summer.

Highlight the 136 year old proud history that is being destroyed by the first Indian owners in the EPL.

Highlight the lack of credibility Venkys have in the UK press.

Highlight the league position.

That should do it.

Had an email last night from the fan in India looking to organise the newspaper advert (he contacted me some time ago, he's been trying to do this on the quiet), he now feels it's entirely pointless and it needed to be done under Venky's radar as with their wealth / influence if they got wind of the action, they'd pressure the papers not to run it.

He's asked me to point out on his behalf so his employer doesn't realise it was him.

... so I have.

Had an email last night from the fan in India looking to organise the newspaper advert (he contacted me some time ago, he's been trying to do this on the quiet), he now feels it's entirely pointless and it needed to be done under Venky's radar as with their wealth / influence if they got wind of the action, they'd pressure the papers not to run it.

He's asked me to point out on his behalf so his employer doesn't realise it was him.

... so I have.

So even the Indian media controlled / bullied by venky's.

No, any media sells it's advertising to the highest bidder. Same thing happens in every country. Nobody is going to knowingly give up a multimillion pound advertising account for a one-off campaign totaling a grand or two. They feel their only chance was to get it in without anyone twigging.

No, any media sells it's advertising to the highest bidder. Same thing happens in every country. Nobody is going to knowingly give up a multimillion pound advertising account for a one-off campaign totaling a grand or two. They feel their only chance was to get it in without anyone twigging.

Makes perfect sense. Why would any large newspaper potentially make an enemy of a multi million pound company for the sake of a couple of grand?

There has to be another way.

Ok point taken.

• 2 weeks later...

Also it is possible to take out a full page advert in Times of India (which is one of the biggest newspapers in India) for around £1000, that would again be hammer home the message and impact Venky's directly.

Did this get anywhere Kamy?

Seems like the next best option to me as UK media reporting of unhappy and protesting fans is having little or no impact.

Don't mean to pour cold water on your efforts, but shouldn't we wait until the truth about the contract story is known before reacting to it?

We're presumably never going to know the exact details - that any contract revision was carried out and announced officially has to be enough to get things moving because there is no way that the contract will in amy way be to Kean's detriment. Besides which the contract is just the catalyst for negative feelings towards Venkys that have been building since they started here a year ago and managed to alienate JW

Did this get anywhere Kamy?

Seems like the next best option to me as UK media reporting of unhappy and protesting fans is having little or no impact.

I thought that it was a £1000 but it looks like it would cost a lot more, around about £6000. This would been a great way to get the message across. The slightly better news is that NDTV who are a huge news channel did a small piece last week about Rovers and unhappy fans, they are working on a longer piece which shuld go out soon.

I thought that it was a £1000 but it looks like it would cost a lot more, around about £6000. This would been a great way to get the message across. The slightly better news is that NDTV who are a huge news channel did a small piece last week about Rovers and unhappy fans, they are working on a longer piece which shuld go out soon.

hi Kamy, don't remember having seen that piece on the NDTV channel (in India) - do you know for sure if it was aired?

I cant find it on their website sports.ndtv.com which usually has video clips of the features.

http://sports.ndtv.com/football/news/itemlist/tag/Blackburn%20Rovers

Let's not anticipate difficulties all the time. Try it and see what happens. If it can't be done----move on.

£36,500 is roughly the figure for a full page ad in the times of india. The Pune Mirror which is also owned by the Times of India for a 1/2 page advert is £3,800. The way it works is that we produce the advert to be put in and it can be in any format we like. As long as it says ADVT in the top corner and gets the approval from them it can be printed.

Smaller sizes are available for a cheaper price but obviously that would lessen the impact.

Archived