BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Cardiff City v Rovers League Cup quarter-final

jim mk2

Is it just me - or is the forfeit stuff been taken out of context a little ?

I mean, by all means use it as a stick to beat up Kean - but is it not just another of one his excuses that he has phrased wrong ?

Having said that - there would be some poetic justice if his misplaced spin led to him being sacked !

I agree with that. he clearly had an eye on Saturday's fixture but probably didn't dare risk Samba,Ollson etc anyway.

After the game he tried to spin things with disastrous results! However, as you point out, the consequences are of his own making.

Can't blame the travelling fans for feeling insulted.

• Replies 561
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Classic irony if this contributes to his demise. I am certain he was just being his usual smug self trying to spin the result as not being a disaster by suggesting that they weren't that bothered but used the word "forfeit" which wasn't a good idea. The master manipulator outspins himself. We should keep the pressure on because with any luck the club could take a dim view and any bad publicity about Kean is good at the moment.

Apart from in goal and up front that was the strongest side we have at the minute....thatis the most worrying thing about this. If Samba and Olsson are not fit on Saturday that will be defence and midfield we play, even more worrying.

• Backroom

If Kean had been sacked a few weeks ago and somebody, anybody else, been appointed we'd probably have beaten Cardiff, had a very good chance of beating Palace and getting to a final at Wembley... instead we're going down and got nothing to look forward to at all. Thank you Kean and Venky's :angry:

This is the thing that is even worse than Kean's typically poor judgment in his wording in the interview. He has thrown away what was a massive opportunity for Rovers to reach a cup final. The team selection was appalling and I can't believe anyone who heard the line-up had any confidence we would win- so why did Kean? Aside from all the huge dislike I have for the way the bloke conducts himself, he is increasingly proving himself to be an awful, awful manager. He has cost us the chance of a real shot at winning a trophy and gaining some confidence. I think last night's selection was also damaging for the players involved in terms of their confidence and development (although in the case of one or two of the players there is no way they are ever going to be premier league quality anyway).

Sorry, I'm going to stop ranting now!

I am now waiting for the following quote from Kean:

'Even the mighty man utd went out to C Palace so our result against Cardiff doesn't seem that bad when taken in perspective'

Was thinking the exact same, there always seems to be something for the sweaty sock to nip at

Quite a big chance we would have been in europe by reaching the final too, with the other 2 clubs pushing for league qualification

European place doesn't go to runner up if winner is in Europe it goes to 7th place in carling cup. Sorry i know it deflects a bit of criticism off kean lol

This is the thing that is even worse than Kean's typically poor judgment in his wording in the interview. He has thrown away what was a massive opportunity for Rovers to reach a cup final. The team selection was appalling and I can't believe anyone who heard the line-up had any confidence we would win- so why did Kean? Aside from all the huge dislike I have for the way the bloke conducts himself, he is increasingly proving himself to be an awful, awful manager. He has cost us the chance of a real shot at winning a trophy and gaining some confidence. I think last night's selection was also damaging for the players involved in terms of their confidence and development (although in the case of one or two of the players there is no way they are ever going to be premier league quality anyway).

Sorry, I'm going to stop ranting now!

I think I may have blacked out and logged on as Devon Rover. My thoughts exactly!

I didn't think it possible but my despair at Kean's """"management"""" has plumbed new depths.

The illegitimate has only gone and chucked a Wembley final away.

My thoughts exactly, it’s not every day you get the chance to play at Wembley, let’s hope that seals Keans fate, if the Roas are true supporters as they claim, they'll feel the same this morning.

Why does everyone assume that we would have a hope in hell against Palace over two legs with the deluded one in charge???

Very odd Gav, I always assumed you were a great supporter of Steve Kean and his wonderful brand of flowing football. You always said so in the past.

Your hefty chum might accuse of gross hypocrisy.

Very odd Gav, I always assumed you were a great supporter of Steve Kean and his wonderful brand of flowing football. You always said so in the past.

Your hefty chum might accuse of gross hypocrisy.

I've never hidden the fact I backed Kean, he was given the manager’s job after all and I like to give all managers of my football club a chance ;)

In stark contrast to you Jim, who slagged John Williams off almost daily, then raised him to godlike status when he left :lol:

I've never hidden the fact I backed Kean, he was given the manager’s job after all and I like to give all managers of my football club a chance ;)

In stark contrast to you Jim, who slagged John Williams off almost daily, then raised him to godlike status when he left :lol:

Should have kept Sam shouldn't we Gav? Go on --------say it! You know you want to!

http://backpagefootball.com/featured/west-hams-revival-the-allardyce-effect/? :D :D :D

I've never hidden the fact I backed Kean, he was given the manager's job after all and I like to give all managers of my football club a chance ;)

Praising someone for doing a good job becomes "godlike status" ? I don't think so. Sam Allardyce on the other hand........

Your love for Steve Kean was embarrassing.

Archived