BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Rovers vs West Brom preview

• Replies 457
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sunderland performance inspires no confidence............WBA players must have watched that game this week, they'll be mortified if we were to beat them after they watched that shambles.

A week later i still can't get my head around the fact that it was 11 v 11 at 90 minutes and we were'nt down to 8 players.

2-1 WBA, slightly better players with a real manager should outweigh any possible advantage being at home gives us.

KEAN OUT

Huge, huge game! For me this decides our season, its that big. Anything other than a win and we are in deep trouble! I'm hoping for fantastic support from us the supporters, Blackburn Rovers true heartbeat! I hate Kean with a passion but today for 90 mins that is all put to bed, today is not about our hate for the imposter its to back OUR club, our backs are to the wall its time to come out fighting .... COYB!!!!!!!

Spent 7 hours in Berlin airport yesterday after my flight to Manchester was cancelled, and ended up on a flight to Liverpool followed by 2 hours waiting for easyjet to sort out a transfer back to manchester. Just woken up and dragging myself through the cold to experience the acidic Ewood atmosphere doesn't fill me with glee today.

Rovers 0-1 WBA (Brunt penalty)

I really do worry about our defense. The lack of midfield support means that even our best lineup (Which IMO would be Lowe-Samba-Givet-Olsson) would struggle, but as we're likely to not have a left back today (Lowe, Henley, Salgado or Pedersen... ouch) I'm not feeling too confident.

By the way, what has happened to Josh Morris? He made a few sub appearances last season, including creating our only goal at Old Trafford, but hasn't even been on the bench this season I think. Which I find strange when we only have two left backs at the club, both of whom have been injured a bit.

• Backroom

Zac Aley played left back in Pune and did a good job, slightly different class I know, I thought Henley was a right back, if so it shows he's rated a lot higher than Aley.

I do think Pedersen could do a job there if needed.

It might sound crazy but when at full strength I'd rather see Dann at fullback, Givet for me is simple a better Central Defender than he is.

We should go 3 - 5 - 2

How do we do that if both Samba and Givet are out? Hanley and Dann are then our only two centre halves.

Even if Samba plays I'd be wary of that unless we've practiced the formation a bit in training.

EDIT #2: Or rather I'd still be wary even then, not a fan of the formation.

I would go for Salgado at LB and Lowe at RB with Dann and Hanley...wow that is a dire back four lacking experience and leadership.

Givet, Nelsen, Samba, Olsson thats a solid looking back 4 and one I crave to see, add Grella, Hoilett to the list and we are suffering badly with poor replacements.

ROVERS: Robbo, Lowe, Dann, Samba, MGP, Vukcevic, Nzonzi, Dunn, Rochina, Formica, Yak.

SUBS: Bunn, Petrovic, Blackman, Goodwillie, Roberts, Hanley, Henley

From Andy Cryer. So Pedersen at left back, N'Zonzi alongside Dunn.

Salgado and Givet are out so given the circumstances I can understand playing Pedersen there. Sufficed to say that I do not expect a clean sheet. With Formica/Rochina/Vukcevic/Yakubu and Dunn all playing, I just hope we can outscore WBA because we aint winning 1-0 today.

Prediction: 2-2. I dont think we'll get beaten but with the injuries I just cannot see us coping defensively.

Archived