BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Warnock axed

Mercer

The late Derek Gordon (Kung Fu xpert) once told me how to actually kill someone like that bloke with just one finger. I've never forgotten that advice to this day.

Footballing Socrates AND Chuck Norris. You never fail to amaze me, Drog.

• Replies 110
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I was a bit surprised by this one. It always amazes me when promoted teams sack their managers when they go on a bad run. What do they expect will happen when they are in a stronger league? But it goes to show what can be done when you have decisive owners. It again highlights the ludicrous situation at Rovers when a guy with a record like Kean's can still be in a job.

Sorry, about any confusion, the point that I was trying to get across was that out of the 3 managers almost guaranteed to give you survival, only Hughes is readily available and as such, a no brainer.

I agree, unfortunately with Venkys it's no brains that are the problem.

I was a bit surprised by this one. It always amazes me when promoted teams sack their managers when they go on a bad run. What do they expect will happen when they are in a stronger league? But it goes to show what can be done when you have decisive owners. It again highlights the ludicrous situation at Rovers when a guy with a record like Kean's can still be in a job.

Just like our owners.....

'We've talked to a lot of people in the game. We’ve got to get the decision absolutely right.

Warnock wanted to make a bid for Blackburn striker Yakubu but Fernandes and the QPR hierarchy wanted bigger names.

Doesn't sound like the fans are the only deluded one's at that club.

Very shrewd move by Colin, if you ask me. Take the main wheel of our biggest hope to avoid relegation, and stick it on their wagon. Sounds like a similar principle to when Kenny bought Duncan Shearer from Swindon (IIRC).

First season for a promoted team is to consolidate and stay in the league, not try to change the world.

Still, based on the evidence, I'd rather have Big Tony making the decisions than Mrs D!

It is not finalised yet however little bit jealous of QPR if they get Hughes, I would be excited if I was a QPR fan.

Rao family, thank you for ruining the club I used to have such pride in following day in, day out - treating us with such contempt is shameful.

It is not finalised yet however little bit jealous of QPR if they get Hughes, I would be excited if I was a QPR fan.

Rao family, thank you for ruining the club I used to have such pride in following day in, day out - treating us with such contempt is shameful.

Texted my cousin's partner [a QPR fan] last night about Hughes - he wasn't keen on them getting Sparky and led me to believe that was a widespread view on their Message Boards. I just said we'd have him back here in a heartbeat.

Must say I felt a mixture of anger and resignation last night when I saw Hughes outside Loftus Road. He was our last hope of getting out of the mess we currently find ourselves in, and he’s rightly being snapped up by QPR and Mr Fernandez. A good club and forward thinking owner who knows his stuff, good luck to them.

Not been for 5/6 home games, but I’m obliged to attend the Villa match, but that could be my last until both Kean and Venkys are run out of town.

Must say I felt a mixture of anger and resignation last night when I saw Hughes outside Loftus Road. He was our last hope of getting out of the mess we currently find ourselves in, and he’s rightly being snapped up by QPR and Mr Fernandez. A good club and forward thinking owner who knows his stuff, good luck to them.

Not been for 5/6 home games, but I’m obliged to attend the Villa match, but that could be my last until both Kean and Venkys are run out of town.

obliged to attend the Villa match? does that mean someone else is paying you tight so and so?

Archived