BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann to Arsenal/Villa

Pete1981

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Total joke if he's sold. Not because he's a world beater but because it will just provide further proof that the owners have no intention of putting more money into the club and will sell anyone with a bit of market value. Is this the big picture that we were sold as fans? Is this how we are going to qualify for Europe? Is this, as Steve Kean puts it, 'what we are tying to do at the club'?

Injury prone thus far with us and looked pretty average, wonder if we could get our cash back - would keep him though for now.

Like all our players, would be interesting to see how he gets on with a normal/decent manager.

Sell Dann and we might as well all go home. This club is a joke. He might not have set the world alight this season but surely spending circa £8m on a player to then decide he isn't in our plans smacks of stupidity? I can't find the words anymore. Complete amateurs and I'm so glad I'm not gomna be here to see it all crumble to the floor. What a sad day that will be.

Sell Dann and we might as well all go home. This club is a joke. He might not have set the world alight this season but surely spending circa £8m on a player to then decide he isn't in our plans smacks of stupidity? I can't find the words anymore. Complete amateurs and I'm so glad I'm not gomna be here to see it all crumble to the floor. What a sad day that will be.

To be honest I hope we didn't spend 8m on him! He looks poor compared to Givet, arguably Hanley looks his equal. Plus he came on the condition Samba would not be sold so once Samba goes - either this window or next - he's going to be peed off and want to leave.

If someone wanted to buy him from us for a decent amount it would be the best possible sale we could make this window. Would result in a good fee meaning we could invest in midfield and striker, while only having a minor impact on the squad.

Frankly though who is going to want to spend decent money on an injured centreback who has been very average when he has played at all?

Venkys or not. Money problems or not.

How many on here would take it if we got a full re-fund for it and the money was used to re-invest?

Going off what's he's shown so far, I would!

If someone qualified would re-invest, then sure. If Kean, JA and Venky's.. re-investing would be just waste of money in agent fees.

Venkys or not. Money problems or not.

How many on here would take it if we got a full re-fund for it and the money was used to re-invest?

Going off what's he's shown so far, I would!

yeah I'd sell him in a shot but the problem is the money won't be reinvested it will go straight to Birmingham City because we never opaid for him in the 1st place the deal was on the never never and guess what the payment installments are now due...anyone surprised the 1st installment isn't going to be paid ??? :angry2:

VENKYS/KEAN OUT

I think the Arsenal link will be nonsense, they've got loads of centre backs, it's full backs that they are short of.

I can see Aston Villa coming in for him though. Alex McLeish obviously thinks highly of him from their time at Birmingham, and there are plenty of reports going round that James Collins is for sale. That one seems perfectly logical.

He hasn't played much, has he? If we got our money back, I'll be willing to accept the losses on his wages, provided this plugs the gaping holes in our finances and we can stave off the need to sell Samba.

Hate venkys.

Archived