BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

Scott Dann to Arsenal/Villa

Pete1981

I could be wrong but I was under the impression that the 6-7 million figure was including his contract? Something about Brum not losing face about selling their prize asset and Rovers looking like they're actually spending money.

Yes I heard that too Gally, not sure if it was on here or twitter but the major fee was taking on/buying out the contract.

• Replies 127
  • Created
  • Last Reply

£2million and it is still daylight robbery.

Maybe we have just been spoilt with some top class centre backs over the years, but as LeChuck says, I am struggling to think of a redeeming feature.

Come back Dailly and Peacock, all is forgiven.

• 3 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...

I hope they take him, watching a few of the youth games 1 or 2 of our defenders are leaps and bounds ahead of dann in ability, mobility and passion Id rather let them try make their mark in the championship that that useless lump Dann but alas.....KEAN. (But hopefully the need to get rid of players will push him out)

I agree, talking to friends who don't really watch rovers they still think that scott dann was a great signing. Somehow his reputation has remained intact despite frankly woeful performances for us. I think AM at villa is most likely to buy him as he was his manager at birmingham and so will probably hold his personal experiences with him over the fact he's been awful for us this season.

Dann is like Rovers version of Jean Alain Boumsong (ex-newcastle). Utter garbage yet somehow always found himself playing for some top teams. Including Juventus. Not that Dann is ever going to play for Juventus...

• Moderation Lead

I do hope people outside of East Lancs do start to realise that he in fact is gash, along with Roger Johnson.

2 relegations in 2 seasons is no co-incidence.

I do hope people outside of East Lancs do start to realise that he in fact is gash, along with Roger Johnson.

2 relegations in 2 seasons is no co-incidence.

I hope they don't, then we may be able to get rid of the clown.

• Moderation Lead

I hope they don't, then we may be able to get rid of the clown.

Haha fair point.

Well, eventually in the football world anyway!

In no way would he be an asset in the Championship.......altho others have pointed out things he is terrible at, imo the worst part of his game is his (lack of) ability to win headers and there will be a lot more of them to win next season.

We can also amazingly still get a relatively high transfer fee for him and should be sold as quickly as possible.

He left Birmingham after they were relegated so even if nobody originally bids he will surely try an engineer a move away.

Good riddance you poor excuse for a footballer.

• 4 weeks later...

Archived