BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Ownership Under Scrutiny In Indian Press

Guest Wen Y Hu

Agree with this 100% Kamy. With the emhasis fully and solely on Venkys. It is time to lay off the anti-Kean stuff for now, as given the last few results, the media and the public at large are simply never going to understand, and hence that will just serve to re-inforce their view that the average Rovers fan is either a savage or a moron.

Just get 100% behind the team on the pitch and give Kean a break.

And get more "Kean slowly winning the fans over" headlines? NO!

Venkys and Kean are inseparable anyway.

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

And get more "Kean slowly winning the fans over" headlines? NO!

Venkys and Kean are inseparable anyway.

To be honest I am at the point where I don't care whether Kean gets the plaudits or not - I just want us to survive - and we have a far better chance of doing that in the Premiership than the Championship. We also have far more chance of attracting a new owner if still in the Premiership.

I think even the most fervant anti-Kean protester has to admit that he does maintain the support of large parts of the squad - considering how things are at the club - its is b***dy amazing.

Bottom line - he isn't going to get sacked before the end of the transfer window - and with large parts of the squad behind him, he possibly represents our best (but still slim) hope of staying up.

Even if we stay up, we still have massive problems, a few off the top of my head....

Declining attendances

Sponsors pulling out

Samba and Junior likely to leave in the summer

Financial uncertainty with the owners currently unwilling to put any money in

Still no chairman (costs money)

Owners who don't know what they are doing and not interested

I remember the pre Venky's days, looking forward to each game and having pride in the way the club was run - maybe we were spoiled but we didn't deserve this.

wonder what this guy would make of our current finances...

interesting read...

http://swissramble.blogspot.com/search/label/Blackburn%20Rovers

Didn't Shah attempt to sue Venkys for stealing 'his' idea? Doesn't make me think he'd have been any better. In fact maybe he deserves some of the blame if he sowed the seed?

Even if we stay up, we still have massive problems, a few off the top of my head....

Declining attendances

Sponsors pulling out

Samba and Junior likely to leave in the summer

Financial uncertainty with the owners currently unwilling to put any money in

Still no chairman (costs money)

Owners who don't know what they are doing and not interested

I remember the pre Venky's days, looking forward to each game and having pride in the way the club was run - maybe we were spoiled but we didn't deserve this.

Go back a few seasons before we were under Big Sam and THAT is the last time I looked forward to most of our games. Such a long time ago

• Backroom

Well, if that piece in the Indian press hasn't forced a response from the Venky's.... what will?????

Does anyone know what's going on in Pune? (perhaps we should ask their next door neighbour to go check on them, see if they are still alive!)

This whole situation stinks!.. Come on Venky's... BLOODY WELL SAY SOMETHING!

I was about to post similar to trueblue.

Looks like they are doing what they always do. Keep their heads down today and avoid the chipshop tomorrow.

Wonder if they'll throw any more Rovers Parties?

The silence from pune is deafening. You would have thought there would have been at least.some comment from venkys. Their silence confirms the article.

But if there has been a responce, it would be good to hear it.

I'm sure that there will be a response, the other thing that has happened is that some Venky's shareholders are unhappy about the negative PR that Blackburn Rovers is generating for Venky's, they were already concerned about things and the negative PR has got them even further worked up.

I'm sure that there will be a response, the other thing that has happened is that some Venky's shareholders are unhappy about the negative PR that Blackburn Rovers is generating for Venky's, they were already concerned about things and the negative PR has got them even further worked up.

Good! Any thoughts as to what form and stance an eventual response might take, Kamy?

Putting pressure on Venky's themselves obviously makes no odds. Perhaps they even view the fans with disdain, certainly indifference.

Clearly the indirect approach of raising the alarm with people who do have some leverage over the three stooges pays off handsomely, however.

if you want to get things changed, you need leverage.

I wonder if those shareholders could put pressure on venkys to sort things out.

I can only see one postive outcome for this sorry saga, and that is the sale fo the club.

I cannot forsee Venkys injecting cash or improving things at Rovers as they already know they are despised, so why bother to please when there will be no thanks for it.

Even if they spend 20 million between now and the 31st, and we still go down, they will still be loathed and despised, so this is now a lose lose situation; Venkys and Steve Kean can`t recover from this situation - the relationship between club, fans, emplyees is untenable and unrepairable.

Are you still talking to Venkys PR Kamy ?

If so have you spoken to them since this article came out and what was their reaction ?

will think force The Owners to start to finance the club properly or even sell the club???

I can only see one postive outcome for this sorry saga, and that is the sale fo the club.

I cannot forsee Venkys injecting cash or improving things at Rovers as they already know they are despised, so why bother to please when there will be no thanks for it.

Even if they spend 20 million between now and the 31st, and we still go down, they will still be loathed and despised, so this is now a lose lose situation; Venkys and Steve Kean can`t recover from this situation - the relationship between club, fans, emplyees is untenable and unrepairable.

On the plus side there are two things which Venkys have to care about - their brand and their share price. I guess stories like this hurt both quite significantly. What action that will prompt Venkys to take is unknown but at least it will lift Rovers up their priority list.

What are the chances that the Raos have simply fallen out, are sulking and not speaking to each other.

What did you threaten Balaji with during the HT interval at Wigan? Not a good leathering with Tash's bag of conkers was it? Whatever it was it must have sh1t him up big time cos nobodies seen hide nor hair of any of em since.

If those poor cash strapped players don't get paid this month and the club folds then I'm holding you fully responsible.

Archived