BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Ownership Under Scrutiny In Indian Press

Guest Wen Y Hu

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Fantastic what has been achieved so far with the article going out yesterday. Media coverage within india, Venky's PR people having to react and a negative impact on Venky's share price. Whereas previously they thought that they were immune from bad PR in India, they now know that fans are starting to get their voices heard in India.

I don't agree when people say that this is more effective than the protests. What we need to continue to do is use every available mean of applying pressure, so protests need to continue (with the focus on Venky's) and now that Indian media are getting onboard using them to hit Venky's with negative PR in the markets that they trade in. This combination of efforts will start to put some real pressure on the owners to adhere to the promises that they made when they bought the club.

Yes-- fully agree with that. Nothing to lose.

Fantastic what has been achieved so far with the article going out yesterday. Media coverage within india, Venky's PR people having to react and a negative impact on Venky's share price. Whereas previously they thought that they were immune from bad PR in India, they now know that fans are starting to get their voices heard in India.

I don't agree when people say that this is more effective than the protests. What we need to continue to do is use every available mean of applying pressure, so protests need to continue (with the focus on Venky's) and now that Indian media are getting onboard using them to hit Venky's with negative PR in the markets that they trade in. This combination of efforts will start to put some real pressure on the owners to adhere to the promises that they made when they bought the club.

They have to act now. Share price will continue to fall with bad PR. They now have to invest in the club, sell a stake in the club or sell completely. Watch this space....

They have to act now. Share price will continue to fall with bad PR. They now have to invest in the club, sell a stake in the club or sell completely. Watch this space....

You make it sound so simple, sadly it isn't - they probably don't have a clue what to do and who to turn to hence the complete silence for a couple of months now.

Why would the Rao family want to throw their own money down the drain? If they do, fair play!

Why would another company/business/"investor" with good intentions, want to put in money and essentially waste it, on a prospective Championship club?

This combination of efforts will start to put some real pressure on the owners to adhere to the promises that they made when they bought the club.

or offload.

I hope it did- although I did not see it or hear about content due to being away.

As I am saying, I supported the protests, emailed Glen when they were being set up, and am really pleased for any of those efforts having contributed to current Indian media coverage. However, many of the protests did previously focus on Steve Kean (quite rightly at the time) and I am certain that would have been of little or no interest to the Indian media. It is the growing focus on financial (mis)management by Venkys/ negative impact on Indian business reputation which will really attract attention in India and if the protests can contribute to that focus then I'm sure it will help maintain the spotlight.

I believe the opposite and I said so frequently at the time.... even though I marched that day. In the wsords of Lee Harvey Oswald Kean was just a patsy.

Why would another company/business/"investor" with good intentions, want to put in money and essentially waste it, on a prospective Championship club?

Ask Ken Bates! :tu: If he could offload LUFC for a profit and buy BRFc for a song he'd be in like Flynn. Very forward thinking is Ken. I've a feeling that he'll be copied by many soon.

What are the chances of the following happening.

A chairman being appointed who has decent credentials.

Putting an experienced (or capable) board of directors in place - Paul Hunt is not a deputy CEO.

Appointing a football manager who can consistenly get results on the pitch.

Rao family having the finance in place to adequately operate a Premier League/Championship club.

All of the above would be such a change to what we have now, surely most if not all of that is pretty unlikely to happen?

As I am saying, I supported the protests, emailed Glen when they were being set up, and am really pleased for any of those efforts having contributed to current Indian media coverage. However, many of the protests did previously focus on Steve Kean (quite rightly at the time) and I am certain that would have been of little or no interest to the Indian media.

Maybe not in its own merits DR but (he who shall not be named being a nobody really at the time) - snowflakes combine to make a snowball - every little counts.

Of course the protests have worked!

Some would say theres no such thing as bad publicity here. While the spontaneous "vitriolic abouse" that Kean got at the Bolton game got Rovers fans some unwarranted criticism (who cares?), it made the media wake up and since then there has been much publicity about how bad a job Venky's have done. Although, somehow, Kean has got off Scot free from this (no pun intended) Jerome Anderson and Venky's are now feeling the heat. This hasn't just happened overnight but is the result of months of hard work from the protest organisers and a sizeable section of the Rovers support.

In my view the protests should continue and be ever more targeted on the owners, especially if they will be broadcast on Indian TV :D

As much as I'm backing this and can't stand them, what are we trying to gain from this? Cough up large amounts of money? Humiliate our owners? Find a new buyer? I'm struggling to see how the club will gain from this.

I think many supporters would say Yes, Yes & Yes.

They promised to invest, I dare say messrs Allardyce, Williams, Finn & Goodman etc have all felt humiliated, however, that didn't seem to register with Venky's and if a new responsible owner is found then fantastic.

What do you think would have happened without any of this ?

As much as I'm backing this and can't stand them, what are we trying to gain from this? Cough up large amounts of money? Humiliate our owners? Find a new buyer? I'm struggling to see how the club will gain from this.

I was always taught thet in business, you can either do something or nothing, both will cost you money, if they hadnt been silly from the beginning, it would have cost them a few bob, but not a quarter as much as it will now!!

Agree with this 100% Kamy. With the emhasis fully and solely on Venkys. It is time to lay off the anti-Kean stuff for now, as given the last few results, the media and the public at large are simply never going to understand, and hence that will just serve to re-inforce their view that the average Rovers fan is either a savage or a moron.

Just get 100% behind the team on the pitch and give Kean a break.

Brilliant work from all involved in making this happen. Don't think I'm going out on a limb in saying most folk could see it was the best way forward, for myself though I really couldn't think of a way to make it happen. Congratulations to all but to Glen and all - suspect this may be one of the first battles and the war has got a way to run yet. Please keep up the pressure.

Agree with this 100% Kamy. With the emhasis fully and solely on Venkys. It is time to lay off the anti-Kean stuff for now, as given the last few results, the media and the public at large are simply never going to understand, and hence that will just serve to re-inforce their view that the average Rovers fan is either a savage or a moron.

Just get 100% behind the team on the pitch and give Kean a break.

Exactly. There are always 3 teams in the bottom 3 so the outside world can't understand why there is so much anti-Kean stuff when there isn't this kind of protesting at other struggling clubs, this year or past years.

Without the Kean distraction, there is a real media friendly message that one of the most famous clubs in the country is being systematically ruined by the new breed of club owner.

Any one of the three would make me feel better. Even just humiliating the owners is more satisfying than nothing. Surely the loss of face must be hurting them now.

Any one of the three would make me feel better. Even just humiliating the owners is more satisfying than nothing. Surely the loss of face must be hurting them now.

I hope it's put ol' hatchet-face right off her dinner.

Splashed all over the ruddy 'papers, explain your way out of that one love. If you're not too busy with next week's court case.

Hey Kamy, this is a Hand Grenade lobbed into the Pune bunker. Sterling work from all involved.

If this is impacting on the Chicken business, you can guarantee they are sitting up and taking notice.

Nice.

Archived