BRFCS

BY THE FANS, FOR THE FANS
SINCE 1996
Proudly partnered with TheTerraceStore.com

[Archived] Venky's Ownership Under Scrutiny In Indian Press

Guest Wen Y Hu

Overall, however, the article is more or less correct, and I can live with the fact that it's written in a dull way. It's excellent that such a lengthy article is published in an Indian paper. Hopefully there will be more to come, thus making life for Venky's very uncomfortable in the future.

Ever considered that our judgement has been skewed by decades of our damnable red tops?

• Replies 155
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Sell to who chaps?

Usually if you are selling something, you need a buyer.....

They'll find a buyer for the right price.

Sell us for £1 to someone who the PL deem fit and proper.

At this stage, I'm prepared to take our chances. They CAN'T be any worse.

OK, so the majority of fans are "cool to the exit option" just because Mr. Fallon prefers the devil he knows? Curious! If you'd asked me, I'd say that I would prefer administration to these jokers, and I know many Rovers fans feel the same way. Venky's have clearly shown that they have no intentions to fix what they have screwed up. With Venky's, there is no hope.

Hi Lurid Coat;

I am the aforementioned 'Mr Fallon' and I'll give you a little insight to what my thought process was when I answered the question.

I was asked a question, I answered it honestly. It is by no way representative of every single fan, that would be nigh on impossible to attain. The way I meant it was, if Venkys don't take drastic action and halt the slide the club is going down at the moment, we'd be better placed with owners with an idea of what it takes to be involved at a football club at arguably the most unforgiving league in football today. I don't think administration would be a viable option as it would be very difficult to come out of it and be stronger than where we are now. You only need to look at Portsmouth as an example of what could happen, should administration happen. Which I don't believe it will.

If Venkys do take the aforementioned action and start to put right the many wrongs in the last 14 months, I for one will worry less. I don't think they have the expertise to do this and thats why we need to have the club run from England and not India. There is no right or wrong answer to the mess we are in. We all have different opinions on the situation and ultimately we have to stick together. After all we'll all still be here after Kean/Venkys.

It wasn't really meant to embarrass them, more a prompt that we are still here and worrying about the club :mellow:

You say that as though they care.

Their actions to date have made it quite clear that they don't.

If this was all just a way to get their attention, then we can probably expect another kick in the balls.

You say that as though they care.

Their actions to date have made it quite clear that they don't.

If this was all just a way to get their attention, then we can probably expect another kick in the balls.

Not saying it was just a way to get their attention. I was approached by the publication in question, I gave them a fair and balanced argument backed up with facts. This will hit Venkys hard in their own country which in my honest opinion will have more substance than any of the protests have had and will have in the future. Of course their actions speak louder than words. Their silence is deafening. This should serve as a wake up call to their misgivings over their tenure of ownership.

They'll find a buyer for the right price.

Sell us for £1 to someone who the PL deem fit and proper.

At this stage, I'm prepared to take our chances. They CAN'T be any worse.

If you were trying to think of a way of attracting the worst possible buyers, then offering us for sale for £1 is a great way of going about it

Sell to who chaps?

Usually if you are selling something, you need a buyer.....

There are always buyers out there. Madejski has just sold a stake to a Russian billionaire at Reading, Leicester were taken over by wealthy Thai owners, Southampton were taken over by wealthy owners. We are bigger clubs than those. In france, Monaco have just been taken over by a billionaire despite them being in the second division. And, remember, only a few months ago the Qataris were interested in buying us. Who knows whats round the corner for us...

There are always buyers out there. Madejski has just sold a stake to a Russian billionaire at Reading, Leicester were taken over by wealthy Thai owners, Southampton were taken over by wealthy owners. We are bigger clubs than those. In france, Monaco have just been taken over by a billionaire despite them being in the second division. And, remember, only a few months ago the Qataris were interested in buying us. Who knows whats the corner for us...

Yeah true, it only took the trust 3 years to sell us to these weirdos.....do you really have any faith in them to make any logical decisions in the best interests of the club?

This is the result BRFC needed to force a change of attitude from the owners.The protests in the ground (whilst well intentioned)were not doing a thing other than causing rifts between the fans and negativity amongst the players.In fact I would go as far to say that they have done far more damage than good to the reputation of the club and the image of the supporters.Before anyone throws a paddy...The protestors are right to want change and better management in every aspect at the club ,But they were not making any difference because the owners have basically hit the mute button and chosen to ignore it all.As I`ve said before they live too far away to let this bother them or to get the local tongues wagging.Its articles like these in their media that will force change Simply because they have been found out by their peers and they won`t like it.Smart money would be on change happening sooner rather than later if this sort of pressure can be kept up.

There are always buyers out there. Madejski has just sold a stake to a Russian billionaire at Reading, Leicester were taken over by wealthy Thai owners, Southampton were taken over by wealthy owners. We are bigger clubs than those. In france, Monaco have just been taken over by a billionaire despite them being in the second division. And, remember, only a few months ago the Qataris were interested in buying us. Who knows whats round the corner for us...

second that.

hasn't Nicko said that one of the Rao's family were in Dubai trying to get some new finance for the club. this could be selling control stake in the club.

second that.

hasn't Nicko said that one of the Rao's family were in Dubai trying to get some new finance for the club. this could be selling control stake in the club.

But he did not get it though, did he? Would anybody want to work with this lot?

second that.

I believe there was a bit of confusion as to the Dubai trip. At the time, Alan Brazil on talksport said that Venkys were tying up a deal with a wealthy dubai backer to buy part of the club. Others suggested they were setting up a new finance agreement with a local bank. I've no idea which is true but talksport did break the clement to psg story so u never know...

Yeah true, it only took the trust 3 years to sell us to these weirdos.....do you really have any faith in them to make any logical decisions in the best interests of the club?

I do because I think they will only sell part of the club and not the whole club. Therefore, it will be in Venky's best interest to find the right investor.

It's also important to note that Venkys move in rich circles. They will have a lot of wealthy friends and contacts.

Now the pressure is on them in india and here, they have to do something. If they don't their brand will get more and more bad press. They cant let that happen.

If you were trying to think of a way of attracting the worst possible buyers, then offering us for sale for £1 is a great way of going about it

You're joking, aren't you? With the PL fit and proper test to protect us!! :P

What could any new buyers do worse than what Venkys have done? Besides which we are going to have new owners at some point. I don't trust them to find us the right buyer anyway, so why wait?

I understand that India's two biggest TV networks have majored on this story today.

Two angles were taken by the TV stations:

- Venky's are seriously damaging the good reputation of Indian management and ownership in the most public way possible. (I have been stressing this point for a while).

- very bad timing for Mrs D with her criminal case due to start on 31 January.

At last, through the brilliant work of a number of Rovers fans, we have got Venkygate onto the front pages of the Indian press. Over to others to take up the cudgel in India now.

The Trust took its time because it wanted to get it right!

I understand that India's two biggest TV networks have majored on this story today.

- Venky's are seriously damaging the good reputation of Indian management and ownership in the most public way possible. (I have been stressing this point for a while).

At last, through the brilliant work of a number of Rovers fans, we have got Venkygate onto the front pages of the Indian press. Over to others to take up the cudgel in India now.

Fantastic, that really is encouraging and appreciated. I hope the focus stays on it. In my opinion this is the only way that change is going to happen (short of Barclays taking more forceful action); more likely than any protests etc in UK having the slightest impact on Venkys.

I still can't quite believe this happened today, what a magnificent achievement. Huge thanks must go out to all involved in getting our story in the Indian media. I hope it has the desired effect.

People say a lot about our fans, much of it inaccurate and in my view, unfair. But no matter what the doubters say, Rovers fans ARE doing the club proud by putting together huge efforts to get our story out there, hopefully where it matters.

Archived